Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Obama: 'We Don’t Have a Domestic Spying Program'

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Obama: 'We Don’t Have a Domestic Spying Program' Empty
PostSubject: Obama: 'We Don’t Have a Domestic Spying Program'   Obama: 'We Don’t Have a Domestic Spying Program' I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 9:14 am

"The odds of dying in a terrorist attack are a lot lower than they are of dying in a car accident, unfortunately."

8:50 PM, AUG 6, 2013 • BY DANIEL HALPER

President Obama tells comedian Jay Leno that "We don’t have a domestic spying program." He made the comment during a taping of Leno's TV show.

Obama also says the U.S. is not overreacting by closing some U.S. embassies for a week. The president tells Leno, "The odds of dying in a terrorist attack are a lot lower than they are of dying in a car accident, unfortunately."

And the president says of Russia's Putin, "There are times when they slip back into Cold War thinking and Cold War mentality. What I continually say to them and  to President Putin, that’s the past."

Here's the pool report:

Quote :
POTUS finished taping the Tonight Show with Jay Leno. He was wearing the same dark suit and blue tie as earlier today in Arizona.

Pool watched the taping on TV from another room at the NBC studios. 

We are able to report on the contents now, after the taping, but not release a full transcript or too many quotes.
Pretty newsy interview. Leno asked about Edward Snowden, NSA, embassy closings, Russia, Hillary Clinton, economy, healthcare.
On embassy closings:

POTUS said the U.S. was not overreacting. 
POTUS said people can still take vacation, just do so in a “prudent way” by checking on the State Department Websites for up-to-day information before making plans.
"The odds of dying in a terrorist attack are a lot lower than they are of dying in a car accident, unfortunately."
On NSA:
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Obama: 'We Don’t Have a Domestic Spying Program'   Obama: 'We Don’t Have a Domestic Spying Program' I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 12:42 pm

Obama calls off Putin summit amid Snowden tensions

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OBAMA_RUSSIA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-08-07-09-02-02

Noooo we don't spy domestically........$5 says he plans another vacation instead. Mr. "I'll be more flexible after the election".
Back to top Go down
Warrior Shepard

Warrior Shepard

PostSubject: Re: Obama: 'We Don’t Have a Domestic Spying Program'   Obama: 'We Don’t Have a Domestic Spying Program' I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 9:28 pm

read that statement again.... "a lot lower, unfortunately."  That means he wishes more would be dying in terrorist attacks?

"Woe to you who make your neighbors drink, Who mix in your venom even to make them drunk so as to look on their nakedness! You will be filled with disgrace rather than honor. Now you yourself drink and expose your own nakedness." Habakkuk 2:15
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Obama: 'We Don’t Have a Domestic Spying Program'   Obama: 'We Don’t Have a Domestic Spying Program' I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 9:41 pm

Had the same thought. Tried to give him the benefit of the doubt that he was implying too many car crash fatalities occur.

Of course this IS THE SAME guy who said he wouldn't scramble jets or do anything rash to go get a rogue gov't contractor. Now he's acting like an insolent child snubbing Russia and making statements on Leno like this:

"I have no patience for countries that try to treat gays or lesbians or transgender persons in ways that intimidate them or are harmful to them," Mr Obama said.

Spoken like a true sodomite. Maybe he's not going to Russia because he thinks Vlad's up for a little gay bashing on his home turf?

Warrior Shepard wrote:
read that statement again.... "a lot lower, unfortunately."  That means he wishes more would be dying in terrorist attacks?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obama: 'We Don’t Have a Domestic Spying Program'   Obama: 'We Don’t Have a Domestic Spying Program' I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1