Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

2000 years of tradition thrown out the window :Pope Francis: ‘I believe in God, not in a Catholic God’

Go down 
AuthorMessage

2000 years of tradition thrown out the window :Pope Francis: ‘I believe in God, not in a Catholic God’ Empty
PostSubject: 2000 years of tradition thrown out the window :Pope Francis: ‘I believe in God, not in a Catholic God’   2000 years of tradition thrown out the window :Pope Francis: ‘I believe in God, not in a Catholic God’ I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 7:52 am

2000 years of tradition thrown out the window :Pope Francis: ‘I believe in God, not in a Catholic God’
Oct04
on October 4, 2013

prophecy of la salette france
“Rome will lose the Faith and become the Seat of Antichrist” 
this is has come true
source

History of the term “Catholic”
it derives its English meaning directly from its root, and is currently used to mean the following:

• universal or of general interest;
  • liberal, having broad interests, or wide sympathies;[6] or
  • inclusive, inviting and containing strong evangelism.
  • The term has been incorporated into the name of the largest Christian communion, the Catholic Church (also called the Roman Catholic Church). However, many other Christians use the term “Catholic” (sometimes with a lower-case letter “c”) to refer more broadly to the whole Christian Churchor to all believers in Jesus Christ regardless of denominational affiliation.[7][8] Theologians writing in English will sometimes use the term “Church Catholic” or “Church catholic” to avoid confusion between this concept and the Catholic Church.[citation needed]The Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, Anglicans, Lutherans, and some Methodists believe that their churches are “Catholic” in the sense that they are in continuity with the original universal church founded by the Apostles. However, each church defines the scope of the “Catholic Church” differently. For instance, the Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, and Oriental Orthodox churches each maintain that their own denomination is identical with the original universal church, from which all other denominations broke away.Almost all Christians who call themselves “Catholic” believe that bishops are considered the highest order of ministers within the Christian religion.[9] Along with unity, sanctity, and apostolicity, catholicity is considered one of Four Marks of the Church,[10] in line with the Nicene Creed of 381: “I believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church.”
  • Ignatius of Antioch
    The earliest recorded evidence of the use of the term “Catholic Church” is the Letter to the Smyrnaeans that Ignatius of Antioch wrote in about 107 to Christians in Smyrna. Exhorting Christians to remain closely united with their bishop, he wrote: “Wherever the bishop shall appear, there let the multitude [of the people] also be; even as, wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church
  • Of the meaning for Ignatius of this phrase J.H. Srawley wrote:

Quote :
    This is the earliest occurrence in Christian literature of the phrase ‘the Catholic Church’ (ἡ καθολικὴ ἐκκλησία). The original sense of the word is ‘universal’. Thus Justin Martyr (Dial. 82) speaks of the ‘universal or general resurrection‘, using the words ἡ καθολικὴ ἀνάστασις. Similarly here the Church universal is contrasted with the particular Church of Smyrna. Ignatius means by the Catholic Church ‘the aggregate of all the Christian congregations’ (Swete, Apostles Creed, p. 76). So too the letter of the Church of Smyrna is addressed to all the congregations of the Holy Catholic Church in every place. And this primitive sense of ‘universal’ the word has never lost, although in the latter part of the second century it began to receive the secondary sense of ‘orthodox‘ as opposed to ‘heretical‘. Thus it is used in an early Canon of Scripture, the Muratorian fragment (circa 170 A.D.), which refers to certain heretical writings as ‘not received in the Catholic Church’. So too Cyril of Jerusalem, in the fourth century, says that the Church is called Catholic not only ‘because it is spread throughout the world’, but also ‘because it teaches completely and without defect all the doctrines which ought to come to the knowledge of men’. This secondary sense arose out of the original meaning because Catholics claimed to teach the whole truth, and to represent the whole Church, while heresy arose out of the exaggeration of some one truth and was essentially partial and local.[14][15]
    Augustine of Hippo
    Only slightly later, Saint Augustine of Hippo (354–430) also used the term “Catholic” to distinguish the “true” church from heretical groups

• source wikapedia
Some protestants will claim he is saying that all christians are now united in faith but he is not saying that he is in obfuscating language again REJECTING THE CATHOLIC CHURCHES HERITAGE  2000 years of belief in a  catholic God is now swept aside. By saying he believes in GOD not the catholic god who is the trinitarian God of the bible he has opened the way for a universal world religion because he just admited publicly and brazenly he is a catholic heretic and not a believer in the same God preached by the church for 2000 years. This marks a new stage in merging of religions and the coming of the lawless one.

2000 years of tradition thrown out the window :Pope Francis: ‘I believe in God, not in a Catholic God’ 1223607

Pope Francis Leads his general weekly audience in St. Peter’s Square at the Vatican, Sept. 25, 2013.

Alessandra Benedetti, Corbis, API
Enlarge photo»

Summary

Pope Francis has given a candid Q&A with an atheist who is also editor of the Italian newspaper La Repubblica.

Two weeks after his groundbreaking interview with a Jesuit priest was published, Pope Francis has given another candid Q&A.

This is time it was with an atheist who is also editor of the Italian newspaper La Repubblica. Pope Francis again spoke about reforming the Roman Catholic Church, but he focused on the “narcissism” of the churchs hierarchy.

“This Vatican-centric view neglects the world around us,” the pontiff said. “I do not share this view and I’ll do everything I can to change it. The Church is or should go back to being a community of God’s people, and priests, pastors and bishops who have the care of souls, are at the service of the people of God.”

And toward the end of the interview, Pope Francis said: “And I believe in God, not in a Catholic God, there is no Catholic God, there is God and I believe in Jesus Christ, his incarnation. Jesus is my teacher and my pastor, but God, the Father, Abba, is the light and the Creator. This is my Being. Do you think we are very far apart?”

Read more about the pope’s interview on la Repubblica.it.

pope says we are not here to covert anyone to the christian faith
And here I am. The Pope comes in and shakes my hand, and we sit down. The Pope smiles and says: “Some of my colleagues who know you told me that you will try to convert me.”

It’s a joke, I tell him. My friends think it is you want to convert me.

He smiles again and replies: “Proselytism is solemn nonsense, it makes no sense. We need to get to know each other, listen to each other and improve our knowledge of the world around us. Sometimes after a meeting I want to arrange another one because new ideas are born and I discover new needs. This is important: to get to know people, listen, expand the circle of ideas. The world is crisscrossed by roads that come closer together and move apart, but the important thing is that they lead towards the Good.”

source

Proselytism /ˈprɒsɨlaɪtɨzəm/ is the act of attempting to convert people to another religion or opinion
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: