Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

50 ‘Hand-Picked’ Christians Trained To Convince Churches To Re-Interpret Scripture’s Gay Boundaries

Go down 
AuthorMessage

50 ‘Hand-Picked’ Christians Trained To Convince Churches To Re-Interpret Scripture’s Gay Boundaries Empty
PostSubject: 50 ‘Hand-Picked’ Christians Trained To Convince Churches To Re-Interpret Scripture’s Gay Boundaries   50 ‘Hand-Picked’ Christians Trained To Convince Churches To Re-Interpret Scripture’s Gay Boundaries I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 7:00 am

50 ‘Hand-Picked’ Christians Trained To Convince Churches To Re-Interpret Scripture’s Gay Boundaries

Oct05
on October 5, 2013

Fifty hand-picked Christians were part of a seminal conference last week planned by Matthew Vines, a 23-year-old gay Christian who believes Scripture allows for monogamous homosexual activity, in an effort to spread the idea in the American church over the next decade.

Vines says he has had success in convincing lay members of churches over the last year that monogamous homosexual activity is allowed by Scripture, but is encountering resistance from Scriptural scholars. He is likely to encounter much more, say theologians.

More than 100 people applied to participate in the four-day conference, though only 50 were accepted, and the chosen were required to rigorously study throughout the summer before the conference even began. Vines sent them 1,100 pages of dense, academic reading material, for example, to make sure they understood both sides of the issue before the event began last Wednesday.

“The goal of the conference was to be training Christians who are in churches that don’t currently support LGBT people and to give them the biblical tools and knowledge that they need to go back to their churches and have constructive, persuasive conversations with other believers on these issues,” Vines told CP.

Some conference participants do attend LGBT-affirming churches, Vines told CP, though those who do so have other ties to conservative Christians.

The event was held last week at Asbury United Methodist Church in Prairie Village, Kan., and was hosted by The Reformation Project, an effort started by Vines to re-educate the church concerning gay activity. The Reformation Project is a “Bible-based, Christian non-profit organization that seeks to reform church teaching on sexual orientation and gender identity,” according to the group’s website.

Get CP eNewsletter ››

read full story
Back to top Go down

50 ‘Hand-Picked’ Christians Trained To Convince Churches To Re-Interpret Scripture’s Gay Boundaries Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 ‘Hand-Picked’ Christians Trained To Convince Churches To Re-Interpret Scripture’s Gay Boundaries   50 ‘Hand-Picked’ Christians Trained To Convince Churches To Re-Interpret Scripture’s Gay Boundaries I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 7:03 am

Joel Osteen: God ‘approves’ of homosexuals

on October 5, 2013

50 ‘Hand-Picked’ Christians Trained To Convince Churches To Re-Interpret Scripture’s Gay Boundaries Z

Joel Osteen is a phenomenon. A mega-church pastor, televangelist, senior minister of Lakewood Church, and social media monster, the Rev. Osteen now has a new book called Break Out: 5 Keys to Go Beyond Your Barriers and Live an Extraordinary Life. The spiritual star dropped by HuffPost Live to talk with host Josh Zepps about growing up poor, spirituality, what to pray for, the Pope, and, of course, the gays.

Zepps read a piece that he liked from Osteen’s new book: “It doesn’t matter who likes you or doesn’t like you, all that matters is that God likes you. He accepts you, he approves of you.” Zepps followed up by asking if that included homosexuals.

“Absolutely,” Osteen insisted, “I believe that God breathed life into every person and that every person is made in the image of God and you have accept them as they are, on their journey. I’m not here to preach hate or push people down.”(in other words gays were made that way by god , Mr osteen is echoing the words of the famous sexual pervert lady ga ga and her song born this way which is a promotion of homosexuality )
Josh asked Osteen about his religious upbringing.

“My dad was a minister and came from poverty… my dad was always for the underdog… I believe we are all supposed to be helping in some way.

Sometimes it can be overwhelming and as people say, 40,000 kids are going to die today, but you’ve got to start somewhere.”

A question came in from the community asking for Pastor Osteen’s definition of spirituality and religion and if you can have one without the other.

Read Full Article
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: