Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

L A Marzuli...‘Duck Dynasty’ Star: Show Adding ‘Fake Bleeps’ Despite No Cursing

Go down 
AuthorMessage

L A Marzuli...‘Duck Dynasty’ Star: Show Adding ‘Fake Bleeps’ Despite No Cursing Empty
PostSubject: L A Marzuli...‘Duck Dynasty’ Star: Show Adding ‘Fake Bleeps’ Despite No Cursing   L A Marzuli...‘Duck Dynasty’ Star: Show Adding ‘Fake Bleeps’ Despite No Cursing I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 9:57 am

‘Duck Dynasty’ Star: Show Adding ‘Fake Bleeps’ Despite No Cursing

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2013/10/04/duck-dynasty-star-show-adding-fake-bleeps-despite-no-cursing/

Robertson also said that the name Jesus has been cut out during the family’s prayer scene at the end of the show. “So they would just have me saying, ‘Thank you Lord for the food, thank you for loving us. Amen.’ So I said, ‘Why would you cut out ‘In Jesus’ name?’ They said, ‘Well those editors are probably doing that. They just think that they don’t want to offend some of the Muslims or something.’”

This morning I will depart from the standard Sunday Bun and instead focus on a story that left me disgusted.  Having been involved in several TV shows, I am familiar with the way the game, in Hollywood,  is played.  If what a person says does not fit with the producers paradigm, it can often wind up on the cutting room floor.

With Duck Dynasty, the producers are attempting to make the men something they’re not, men who sware and curse!  It is a blatant falsehood and misrepresentation of who these men are.  They don’t curse and there’s a reason why they don’t.  They are born-again, spirit filled men—and women—who have a personal relationship with their messiah, Jesus.  They guard their tongue and watch what they say.

I am reminded of Paul’s exhortation to us: To take every thought Captive!  I believe these men walk in this, they hold themselves accountable, not only to the words which come out of their mouths, but the thoughts that run through their heads.

The producers of the show, more than likely have no idea who the Robertson clan are.  They probably snicker when Phil prays at dinner and think it’s quaint for him to do so.  They have no idea the depth of Phil’s commitment to the Lord, and how he acknowledges the God of the universe, not out of habit, but out of love.  He knows where his bread is buttered, literally!

Phil stated that the name of Jesus was cut out in the prayer time.  The gate-keepers have an agenda and that is to keep that name, JESUS, from the public.

Why is that Jesus’ name can be used by Hollywood movies and TV shows as a curse word, but when it’s used in a prayer they tell us, they don’t want to offend anyone.  Double standard?  You bet!

In closing todays Bun:  We are seeing the culture war play out in Duck Dynasty, as the producers seek to alter who these men are and make them something that they’re not.  I saw the episode that Phil was referring to, and when watching I thought, this isn’t like them, why are they suddenly swearing?  Now I know, the answer to that question.  They weren’t swearing.   It was a false representation of who these men are.

The producers of the show want the Robertson’s to use profanity because it is the language Hollywood knows.  They most likely can’t figure out why these men are the way they are and deep inside, I believe it bothers them.  So they add a few bleeps and make Si look like he’s lost it.  They take Jesus out of the prayer at dinner, and use the excuse of political correctness.  This is the way the game is played in Hollywood.  And Hey, that’s a fact Jack!
Back to top Go down

L A Marzuli...‘Duck Dynasty’ Star: Show Adding ‘Fake Bleeps’ Despite No Cursing
Page 1 of 1