Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Curiosity rover and Antares the software for the rover. RA1630

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Curiosity rover and Antares the software for the rover. RA1630 Empty
PostSubject: Curiosity rover and Antares the software for the rover. RA1630   Curiosity rover and Antares the software for the rover. RA1630 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 11:21 am

Antares

Antares Software here's link

The Mars Science Laboratory Mission (MSL) Curiosity rover has a suite of scientific instruments and sensors onboard that include four science cameras: two "Mastcam" mast-mounted remote sensing cameras, the Mars Hand Lens Imager (MAHLI) microscope mounted at the end of the rover's Robotic Arm (RA), and the MArs Descent Imager (MARDI), a chassis-mounted descent imager. A team of engineers and computer scientists at Ames, in collaboration with Malin Space Science Systems (MSSS), San Diego, Calif., and JPL have provided the Mastcam, MAHLI, and MARDI (MMM) science teams with interactive 3D visualization and simulation software, dubbed "Antares," for the development of MMM instrument command sequences, situational awareness, and to better understand the rover’s surroundings.

To operate Curiosity from Earth requires mission scientists and engineers to synthesize an understanding of the rover's state and environment from remote sensor and science instrument data. An approximately 15 minute communications delay, due to the distance between Earth and Mars and the limited high-bandwidth communication windows to orbiting satellites, compounds the difficulty of rover operations. Because of this, careful “offline” planning of activities is necessary to mitigate risk and enhance productivity.

Ames' Antares software provides a number of capabilities that enhance the MMM science teams ability to comprehend the operational environment and productively plan image acquisition command sequences, including:

• Interactive 3D visualization of reconstructed Mars Digital Terrain Models (DTMs) and Digital Elevation Models (DEMs) covering a large range of scales (sub-millimeter to kilometer)
  • Interactive command sequence editing to allow users to edit camera command parameters all the while previewing a simulation of what the new images will look like
  • Terrain following – or the simulation’s ability to virtually display the rover’s progress as its wheels move across the Martian terrain
  • Robotic Arm inverse kinematics that allow users to use a computer mouse to position and point the MAHLI camera at the end of the robotic arm
  • Camera view visualizations to predict what the rover will see at a new location before it arrives there Interactive simulation of shadows based on the time-of-day on Mars
  • Measurement tools, including a ruler distance, location, and heading, as well as coordinate grids
  • Terrain overlays such as maps that display false color slopes and elevations

The Ames Antares team also provides the MMM team the capability to derive data products using images to augment other imaging data products produced by JPL. Examples of image data products include terrain models (DTMs and DEMs), which are generated using a stereo correlation technique to calculate the 3D positions of objects and a sense of distance. It's similar to the way humans’ vision works. Other examples, include:

• Aligned and merged DTMs and DEMs from multiple locations
  • Panoramas created using a mosaic of images
The Ames team also developed a data services architecture to support operations with a distributed science team. Due to the mission’s two year duration, science team members and instrument staff will be distributed at various institutions for the majority of the mission – the science team will only be collocated at JPL for the first three months.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity rover and Antares the software for the rover. RA1630   Curiosity rover and Antares the software for the rover. RA1630 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 11:38 am

Project Antares

Here's the link

Curiosity rover and Antares the software for the rover. RA1630 Antarespyramid212112b

Curiosity rover and Antares the software for the rover. RA1630 Sunmars
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity rover and Antares the software for the rover. RA1630   Curiosity rover and Antares the software for the rover. RA1630 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 12:31 pm

RA= robotic arm

The left eye of the Mast Camera on NASA's Mars rover Curiosity took this image of the rover's arm on Wednesday, September 5. Curiosity arrived on Mars early on August 6 and began beaming back images from the surface.

Curiosity rover and Antares the software for the rover. RA1630 Leosun8620decl1630cross
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity rover and Antares the software for the rover. RA1630   Curiosity rover and Antares the software for the rover. RA1630 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 12:59 pm

RA = robotic arm

Antares = RA1630 get it yet?

Curiosity rover and Antares the software for the rover. RA1630 Sarmcopy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity rover and Antares the software for the rover. RA1630   Curiosity rover and Antares the software for the rover. RA1630 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 1:08 pm

I see wellCuriosity rover and Antares the software for the rover. RA1630 874725736

Curiosity rover and Antares the software for the rover. RA1630 Sarm3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity rover and Antares the software for the rover. RA1630   Curiosity rover and Antares the software for the rover. RA1630 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 1:22 pm

Curiosity rover and Antares the software for the rover. RA1630 Antaresrocket2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity rover and Antares the software for the rover. RA1630   Curiosity rover and Antares the software for the rover. RA1630 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 1:34 pm

“Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.”

Curiosity rover and Antares the software for the rover. RA1630 Resurrection633ammars16
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity rover and Antares the software for the rover. RA1630   Curiosity rover and Antares the software for the rover. RA1630 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 4:06 pm

"Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven,

TO HEAVEN AT RA1630 FROM MARS

Curiosity rover and Antares the software for the rover. RA1630 Resurrection633ammars16

come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.”

WHY DO THEY USE ANTARES AND MARS? IF I SEE HIM FROM MARS TO EARTH, THEN I WILL SEE HIM FROM EARTH TO MARS?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity rover and Antares the software for the rover. RA1630   Curiosity rover and Antares the software for the rover. RA1630 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 4:26 pm

I say the dots are coming together.Curiosity rover and Antares the software for the rover. RA1630 874725736
How they, I mean NASA writes this.

(Robotic Arm (RA), and MArs Descent Imager (MARDI), Mars DI or Mars D One or Done Curiosity rover and Antares the software for the rover. RA1630 Sarm4
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity rover and Antares the software for the rover. RA1630   Curiosity rover and Antares the software for the rover. RA1630 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 5:18 pm

Luke 1:49
for the (Mighty One) has (Done) great things for me— (holy is his name)

Curiosity rover and Antares the software for the rover. RA1630 Whitestonev525

Revelation 2:17

17 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to

the churches. To the one who is victorious, I will give

some of the hidden manna. I will also give that person a

white stone with a new name written on it, known only to

the one who receives it.

Curiosity rover and Antares the software for the rover. RA1630 Cydoniad1done

Galatians 6:11
See what large
letters I use as I write to you with my own hand!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity rover and Antares the software for the rover. RA1630   Curiosity rover and Antares the software for the rover. RA1630 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 8:13 pm

Antares

Antares SoftWare

The Mars Science Laboratory Mission (MSL) Curiosity rover has a suite of scientific instruments and sensors onboard that include four science cameras: two "Mastcam" mast-mounted remote sensing cameras, the Mars Hand Lens Imager (MAHLI) microscope mounted at the end of the rover's Robotic Arm (RA), and the MArs Descent Imager (MARDI), a chassis-mounted descent imager. A team of engineers and computer scientists at Ames, in collaboration with Malin Space Science Systems (MSSS), San Diego, Calif., and JPL have provided the Mastcam, MAHLI, and MARDI (MMM) science teams with interactive 3D visualization and simulation software, dubbed "Antares," for the development of MMM instrument command sequences, situational awareness, and to better understand the rover’s surroundings.

To operate Curiosity from Earth requires mission scientists and engineers to synthesize an understanding of the rover's state and environment from remote sensor and science instrument data. An approximately 15 minute communications delay, due to the distance between Earth and Mars and the limited high-bandwidth communication windows to orbiting satellites, compounds the difficulty of rover operations. Because of this, careful “offline” planning of activities is necessary to mitigate risk and enhance productivity.

Ames' Antares software provides a number of capabilities that enhance the MMM science teams ability to comprehend the operational environment and productively plan image acquisition command sequences, including:

• Interactive 3D visualization of reconstructed Mars Digital Terrain Models (DTMs) and Digital Elevation Models (DEMs) covering a large range of scales (sub-millimeter to kilometer)
  • Interactive command sequence editing to allow users to edit camera command parameters all the while previewing a simulation of what the new images will look like
  • Terrain following – or the simulation’s ability to virtually display the rover’s progress as its wheels move across the Martian terrain
  • Robotic Arm inverse kinematics that allow users to use a computer mouse to position and point the MAHLI camera at the end of the robotic arm
  • Camera view visualizations to predict what the rover will see at a new location before it arrives there Interactive simulation of shadows based on the time-of-day on Mars
  • Measurement tools, including a ruler distance, location, and heading, as well as coordinate grids
  • Terrain overlays such as maps that display false color slopes and elevations

The Ames Antares team also provides the MMM team the capability to derive data products using images to augment other imaging data products produced by JPL. Examples of image data products include terrain models (DTMs and DEMs), which are generated using a stereo correlation technique to calculate the 3D positions of objects and a sense of distance. It's similar to the way humans’ vision works. Other examples, include:

• Aligned and merged DTMs and DEMs from multiple locations
  • Panoramas created using a mosaic of images
The Ames team also developed a data services architecture to support operations with a distributed science team. Due to the mission’s two year duration, science team members and instrument staff will be distributed at various institutions for the majority of the mission – the science team will only be collocated at JPL for the first three months.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity rover and Antares the software for the rover. RA1630   Curiosity rover and Antares the software for the rover. RA1630 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Curiosity rover and Antares the software for the rover. RA1630
Page 1 of 1