Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

the Trinity.....a different perspective

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hyberean

the Trinity.....a different perspective Empty
PostSubject: the Trinity.....a different perspective   the Trinity.....a different perspective I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 2:47 am

if we look up the word "spirit".....in the strongs.....we find that it means .....intellect.

so then.....perhaps when we say.....the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.....we are saying.....Father, Son and Holy Intellect.

the Word of God quite literally contains the Intellect of God.
the Bible then, would be the Holy Spirit.

this may be why God, Christ an the Bible are All One.

Christ is a part of God's Own Spirit.....therefore They are One.
it stands to reason then that the Holy Spirit is a part of God.....quite obviously.....therefore.....They are all bound.....They are all One.

just wonder what other denominations perspective on the Trinity is.
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: the Trinity.....a different perspective   the Trinity.....a different perspective I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 5:18 am

As I see it:

From Strong's G4151 and H7307 I would use the word MIND, not Intellect.

I wouldn't use the word Intellect, as that refers to a function and attribute of MIND.
By the intellect, we reason toward understanding. Intellect can be measured.

The MIND of God is Immutable: invariable - unalterable - constant - changeless

The MIND of God is the WILL of God, His Intention; purpose; design.

~~~~~~
The ruach ha-kodesh, the Holy Spirit, sent forth from God, by God, of God,
[being a part of Him], contains, embodies within Himself, all that we call God:
the heart and Mind [Will and Ways] of God, and is called Spirit because
it is unseen.
You said, "the Bible then, would be the Holy Spirit."

Yes-ish. I'm just going to tweak words again. The Bible makes distinction
between the Spirit and the Word. We say the Bible is the
"Living Word". the Spirit is Life! The Spirit is the Power of the Resurrection.
[which I stress now at every opportunity as we come ever closer.]

The Bible is the Inspired Word of God, written down by man under the
INSPIRATION of the Holy Spirit, which we are given by God so that
we may come to know Him.
The Spirit travels on and WATCHES OVER and MINDS the Word!
He is the Life of the Word, in us. I find myself 'walking out' Bible
lessons, as I'm sure we all do. Sometimes that makes for strange, unexpected experiences.
And I believe the ultimate purpose of the written Word is to lead us to this Life of
and in the Spirit. We are to embody it as Jesus did.

Jesus, God in the flesh,God made manifest, the Word in the flesh, embodied the Fullness of the Spirit of God.
The Bible says, 'As He is, so are we in this world." And that we are
to be 'partakers of His Divine Nature' by the Indwelling Holy Spirit.

Jesus said, I will pray the Father and we will send you this SAME
Spirit to indwell you. All things relating to God are accomplished by the Living Word: the Spirit of God.
~~~~
I have no idea of other denominations. [I first wrote demoninations. haha]
But...'mankind tends to think too much and too highly of themselves. And that's never good. More: Innocent

Back to top Go down
windsofchange

windsofchange

PostSubject: Re: the Trinity.....a different perspective   the Trinity.....a different perspective I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 7:02 pm

Jesus, God in the flesh,God made manifest, the Word in the flesh, embodied the Fullness of the Spirit of God.
The Bible says, 'As He is, so are we in this world." And that we are
to be 'partakers of His Divine Nature' by the Indwelling Holy Spirit.

Jesus said, I will pray the Father and we will send you this SAME
Spirit to indwell you. All things relating to God are accomplished by the Living Word: the Spirit of God.

I love you the Trinity.....a different perspective 2104237937 the Trinity.....a different perspective 3803990414
Made my day ~ For we are (now) the Righteousness of God IN CHRIST Jesus....and you know...we walk by faith and not by (natural) sight.We need to comprehend this now more than ever. For the just shall live by faith and not by sight...
You know when I first joined here I used the word "Kingdom" several times in my comments/posts and was referred to as a "dominion-ist".Now that is sort of like demon-ations...as in denominations.Words,words,words...another example of the limits of words w/o face to face speech and interaction on the internet.I think those folks are gone or perhaps rethinking their understanding.Sort of makes a person wonder just what Jesus meant when He said all power and authority has been given to me and I give it to you.How will we all come into the knowledge of the Son of God w/o true Holy Spirit revelation on these things?
And what about the unity of the faith that it is also said ..."until they all come into the unity of faith".Oh yes, He was also speaking of the gifts of the Spirit there right b/f that promise,and that it would be accomplished by His Love.
So in the midst of all the terrible reports coming in and visions of doom,destruction,paranoia, and death being hailed as God's will and plan for His people I will stay my course on the few things that have been revealed to me.The Holy Spirit is my best friend and although it has been said to me that Jesus has called me his friend I think it is by the Spirit that that also is revealed to us all.
Sorry , I did not mean to soap box, but I know your posts are a safe place to vent.
Why is the redeemed Body of Christ so much more bent on destruction than End Time Reconciliation?No one speaks of the Great Harvest ...only doom...do they not know?Have they not heard?The Holy Spirit IS the one who leads and guides into ALL truth and this truth is there in the Bible as well as the "other stuff "and we are supposed to be Minister's of Reconciliation which is about far more than trying to get someone saved when again only the Father through the Holy Spirit can do that.It is the Love of God that brings man (kind) to repentance.We are to be light and salt... not just darkness. I just believe our end times watching needs to be more balanced in regards to what all is being done... not just the terrible.
I only said all this b/c it is a post about the Holy Spirit and as He leads and guides us into all truth this is a part of that truth.We need the fire of God to revive us .I know there is a part of the Church that is dull and thinking themselves rich etc....I ran into 2 of them at the store last night and it is so upsetting ,however I am admonished to rise above it and fight the good fight of faith.That good fight is hard when you are weeping inside for your much beloved brethren.
Oh well ...onward and upwards .Through Christ I can do all things~even though it so often feels the opposite. I am still ,after all these years persuaded of His Promises to us!
We are loved and we are His~Your post of the Holy Ghost provoked me to speak.
All I am saying here is that we need the fullness of the revealed Word of God on these matters.I am not wanting to debate or argue at all~ I am actually attempting to encourage and exhort is all. I love you
Back to top Go down
onlyoneimage

PostSubject: Re: the Trinity.....a different perspective   the Trinity.....a different perspective I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 1:54 am

This is the real question: Does God exist as 3 persons?

If you say yes, then you believe in multiple gods. If you say no...you are not trinitarian.

A great example of trinitarian thought is this: God exists in the same way the sun exists. The sun is made up of chemical reaction, heat and light. Chemical reaction would be the power force behind the sun, and represents God the Father. Heat is what we feel, it is what we experience....it represents the holy spirit. The light is what we see from God. It is Jesus.

This is a completely logical way of looking at it....until you realize something. The Sun, is not 3 persons existing to be 1 God. Neither is an egg or anything else. They are simply 3 parts of 1 THING. The same is true of God. God does not exist as 3 persons....those are only 3 parts that we experience, see and feel. It is one God existing as 1 person. He gave us multiple ways to experience Him so that we might be able to know Him more.

Let's move on to the next question. What is the name of God? If you can answer that honestly...what is THE name of God, with sure confidence and without waivering...you are able to do something most people cannot. Why so? Because you must discern which part of God you are going to use the name of. Until you realize that there is only 1 name for God that is HIS ACTUAL NAME. This is a hard question. So let's ask another one to see if we can get an answer.

Who did Jacob wrestle with?

If you said God, then you are right of course. That's pretty universally accepted right?

"And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.

25 And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him.

26 And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.

27 And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob.

28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.

29 And Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there.

30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."-Genesis 32:24-30

Okay, so clearly Jacob recognizes that He saw the face of God. He wrestled with God. He was there. When Jacob asked Him his name, did God tell him? No. Why is this a problem?

Earlier in the chapter, the name that is often used to refer to God, or to God the Father more specifically is used. It is Yahweh. It is plainly spoken and quoted throughout the old testament. Why then, if His name is Yahweh...and known to many, did God not answer the questions and say "it is Yahweh"? We get our answer from somewhere else in the old testament where a similar situation occurs.

In judges 13, the angel of the LORD appears. The word LORD is used multiple times in this passage. Lord of course is the english translation for Yahweh, as chosen by the KJV translators. Watch this exchange.

"And Manoah said unto the angel of the Lord, I pray thee, let us detain thee, until we shall have made ready a kid for thee.

16 And the angel of the Lord said unto Manoah, Though thou detain me, I will not eat of thy bread: and if thou wilt offer a burnt offering, thou must offer it unto the Lord. For Manoah knew not that he was an angel of the Lord.

17 And Manoah said unto the angel of the Lord, What is thy name, that when thy sayings come to pass we may do thee honour?

18 And the angel of the Lord said unto him, Why askest thou thus after my name, seeing it is secret?

19 So Manoah took a kid with a meat offering, and offered it upon a rock unto the Lord: and the angel did wonderously; and Manoah and his wife looked on.

20 For it came to pass, when the flame went up toward heaven from off the altar, that the angel of the Lord ascended in the flame of the altar. And Manoah and his wife looked on it, and fell on their faces to the ground.

21 But the angel of the Lord did no more appear to Manoah and to his wife. Then Manoah knew that he was an angel of the Lord.

22 And Manoah said unto his wife, We shall surely die, because we have seen God."-Judges 13:15-22

Now right away, we recognize that they say the same thing as Jacob...they have seen GOD. The word Lord is used multiple times here, and this being was recognized as being GOD himself, and is called the angel of the Lord. They ask him his name...and does he say Yahweh? No. He says IT IS SECRET! The name of God is secret. That is an amazing thing to find.

One of the cross references for this verse is Isaiah 9:6, a passage universally accepted to be about the messiah, and future king...Jesus Christ.

What is it that He IS CALLED?

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."-Isaiah 9:6

Right away, there are several titles given specifically to the power and authority of God the Father. Wonderful, Counsellor, THE MIGHTY GOD, THE EVERLASTING FATHER.

This messiah, this Jesus...is called the EVERLASTING FATHER. How say we he is a different being from the father?

His name was first revealed to Mary by Gabriel. It is Jesus, or Yahshua, or Yeshua(depending on the language). It means YAHWEH OUR SALVATION. Immediately His name identifies Him with Yahweh...with being Yahweh, and with being our Salvation. What's more is that His name is the ONLY name that can save.

"Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.

12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."-Acts 4:10-12

In this time, the MOST IMPORTANT NAME is Jesus Christ.

I'll come back and finish this post tomorrow. There is SO MUCH MORE!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the Trinity.....a different perspective   the Trinity.....a different perspective I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the Trinity.....a different perspective
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: