Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in
'Weird Things Happened' During Filming of 'The Bible' 5 5 1
Share | 

'Weird Things Happened' During Filming of 'The Bible'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ColonelZ

PostSubject: 'Weird Things Happened' During Filming of 'The Bible'   Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:15 am

Mark Burnett: 'Weird Things Happened' During Filming of 'The Bible'

(Photo: Grace Hill Media)

Diogo Morgado portrays Jesus Christ in Mark Burnett and Roma Downey’s “Bible” series which will premiere on The History Channel on March 3, 2013.

By Katherine Weber, Christian Post Reporter

March 7, 2013|2:02 pm

Mark Burnett, producer of the History Channel's "The Bible" miniseries, which has skyrocketed to record-breaking ratings since its premiere on Sunday, said in a previous interview that "weird things happened during filming" of the show, and he believes "the hand of God" was helping to complete the series.

Burnett's miniseries gained a whopping 14.8 million viewers for its season premiere on Sunday, making it the no. 1 cable television event of the year.

Before the series premiered, however, Burnett predicted the show's success in a recently published interview with Entertainment Weekly, saying that a number of strange incidences happened during filming which possibly pointed to divine intervention.

"It will be, over the next 40 or 50 years, the most watched thing that Roma and I have ever made," Burnett told EW in a January interview, referencing the production efforts put into the series by himself and his wife, Roma Downey of "Touched By An Angel."

"I really believe what I'm going to tell you right now. The hand of God was on this … the edit came together perfectly, the actors came together perfectly, it just comes to life," Burnett continued.

Burnett went on to give several examples of strange incidences that happened on set, telling EW: "Weird things happened during filming."

"Everybody would look at each other like, 'Whoa,'" he added.

As the producer told EW, one such incident happened when the crew was filming a night scene between Jesus and Nicodemus.

Reportedly, when Jesus referenced the Holy Spirit as being like the wind, a huge gust of air blew across the entire crew for 20 seconds, which was filming the scene on a very still night in the Sahara desert.

In another incident, the set's snake wrangler, who usually recovered one or two snakes per day on set to protect crew members, found 48 cobras and vipers hidden near the scene of the cross, where the crew was to film Jesus' crucifixion.

The third incident, according to Burnett, happened when the crew was filming a baptism scene in a giant Sahara reservoir and part of Jesus' detailed costume, which took months to create, floated away.

According to Burnett, a young boy from miles away returned the costume days later.

Burnett, who has previously produced such hits as "Survivor," "Celebrity Apprentice," and "Shark Tank," expressed his thankfulness to God after the success of "The Bible" premiere.

"We know God moved last night," Burnett and Downey said in a statement on Monday.

"People of all denominations showed the power that can be unleashed in our culture when we band together, individual believers with a shared purpose and vision. The world is won when the church is one," the Hollywood power couple added.

On Sunday, "The Bible" beat out CBS' "The Good Wife," earning a 6.7 household rating/10 share on Nielsen Ratings' overnight report.

Sunday's episode concluded with the Israelites reaching the city of Jericho - a story from the book of Joshua - and will pick back up this upcoming Sunday at 8 p.m. EST on the History Channel.

Read more at http://global.christianpost.com/news/mark-burnett-weird-things-happened-during-filming-of-the-bible-91441/#b4OLvqgukTvOu6b7.99
Back to top Go down
laibcoms

PostSubject: Re: 'Weird Things Happened' During Filming of 'The Bible'   Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:21 am

Amazing!

1) "In another incident, the set's snake wrangler, who usually recovered one or two snakes per day on set to protect crew members, found 48 cobras and vipers hidden near the scene of the cross, where the crew was to film Jesus' crucifixion."

I hope they understood this correctly. Obviously, the increase in snakes was from satan, and God guided the snake wrangler where to find those 48 cobras and vipers.

Two things. Satan hates the series they were filming, and secondly, God was there to protect them.

2) "Reportedly, when Jesus referenced the Holy Spirit as being like the wind, a huge gust of air blew across the entire crew for 20 seconds, which was filming the scene on a very still night in the Sahara desert."

Could be a coincidence, but then I don't believe in it. Everything happens for a reason. Probably, God wants them (and us) to know that we should take the Bible literally too.

3) "The third incident, according to Burnett, happened when the crew was filming a baptism scene in a giant Sahara reservoir and part of Jesus' detailed costume, which took months to create, floated away.

According to Burnett, a young boy from miles away returned the costume days later."

Now that one, I'm a bit confused. Only a "part" of the costume floated away, but the boy returned the "costume"?

Anyway, I hope he shared something else instead of the costume part. The first two are powerful but the third is so-so. What it impresses on me was that they had a pre-notion that people in the region will not return it because they'll sell it for money or something. And they were surprised that a young boy returned it. That's how it appears to me and I say, there are many good people in the world, we just refuse to accept it.

But amazing regardless. First the snakes, and second the wind. I don't know if the crew are believers themselves, but I hope that experience will bring them to Jesus Christ.

Follow me @jcsesecuneta
Add me: Social-Network
Portal Site: The Hæven of John
Back to top Go down
rawblues

PostSubject: Re: 'Weird Things Happened' During Filming of 'The Bible'   Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:41 am

never mind.... give up on embedding.
Back to top Go down
Dove

PostSubject: Re: 'Weird Things Happened' During Filming of 'The Bible'   Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:07 am

rawblues wrote:

Give the website addy..someone will grab it and post for you. UP

Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
1Thessalonians 5:16 -18
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 'Weird Things Happened' During Filming of 'The Bible'   Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:40 pm

rawblues wrote:

What do you need to embed? I can tell you how if I know what it is... Pretty much, if have an embed code you don't have to do anything but paste it, with no brackets or anything. I'm sorry peeps are having so much trouble...

Jeremiah 17:9

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? 

Follow your Heart

Use the Word of God and your brain.

Make the RIGHT decision.
Back to top Go down
Proskuneo

PostSubject: Re: 'Weird Things Happened' During Filming of 'The Bible'   Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:44 pm

Quote :
The third incident, according to Burnett, happened when the crew was filming a baptism scene in a giant Sahara reservoir and part of Jesus' detailed costume, which took months to create, floated away.

According to Burnett, a young boy from miles away returned the costume days later.
This tells me that the costume wasn't needed. Keep it plain and simple if you ask me.
Thanks for posting col.Z
Back to top Go down
Spyro

PostSubject: Re: 'Weird Things Happened' During Filming of 'The Bible'   Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:57 pm

During the filming of "the passion of Christ" the lead actor who played as Jesus was actually struck by lightning on the set.

Considering the nature of that film and it's blunt and obvious attempt to make a thriller out of the horrible brutality our King suffered for us, I'm not surprised it angered God. Click HERE to see.

I know that's a little off topic but it's my opinion that God doesn't like it when people use Him in this way. Even with calm, mild films about the life of Christ. I believe that what Jesus done is Sacred and Holy, it's not something to make a film out of or reenact.

I know some might disagree, but hey, it's just my opinion. Smile

Curiosity is the inheritance of mankind. Frequently we want to know something only because it needs to be kept secret.

Just as luck appears in three so does misfortune. Because you don't want to see it, you don't see it coming. Even if you notice it you don't say anything, and if you're told you don't listen. Then boom, the end comes. In our world, if you miss the first sign you're dead let alone all three signs

My blog: http://timeisdistance.blogspot.co.uk/
Back to top Go down
Proskuneo

PostSubject: Re: 'Weird Things Happened' During Filming of 'The Bible'   Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:33 pm

Jim Cavaziel who played Christ in that movie felt the presence of God with him while filming. He also felt that the devil was trying desperately to stop the filming. (I've seen him interviewed on TBN) The movie was a life changing event for Jim and It still affects him to this day. I think God doesn't mind the good movies about his life and times. How else are we to educate the masses without a movie or 2? It's the ones that falsely alter the story of Christ that I have issues with.
Back to top Go down
Spyro

PostSubject: Re: 'Weird Things Happened' During Filming of 'The Bible'   Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:07 pm

You do have a good point. Films are a great way to spread the truth about Jesus, but it's not the only way. You say "how else are we to educate the masses without a movie or 2?" Well most of the gospel was oral and it worked very well for thousands of years. Also, just educating someone about Jesus is not going to get them saved. But it's a start.

I think some films about Jesus are made for entertainment (Like the Passion of Christ) and less about the message. No matter who acts in them. The passion of Christ didn't really teach anything, but gave a graphical view on what a flint laden whip might feel like, which wasn't what Jesus was whipped with (But of course they had to add drama). I walked away from that film in tears of sorrow, not the Joy of the Good news.

Curiosity is the inheritance of mankind. Frequently we want to know something only because it needs to be kept secret.

Just as luck appears in three so does misfortune. Because you don't want to see it, you don't see it coming. Even if you notice it you don't say anything, and if you're told you don't listen. Then boom, the end comes. In our world, if you miss the first sign you're dead let alone all three signs

My blog: http://timeisdistance.blogspot.co.uk/
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 'Weird Things Happened' During Filming of 'The Bible'   Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:45 pm

Spyro wrote:
I walked away from that film in tears of sorrow, not the Joy of the Good news.
I couldn't bear to watch it, saw a couple of seconds on tv once and was bawling my head off.

Jesus told us to go spread the Good News of the Kingdom, right on Spyro!

Jeremiah 17:9

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? 

Follow your Heart

Use the Word of God and your brain.

Make the RIGHT decision.
Back to top Go down
Yaddy

PostSubject: Re: 'Weird Things Happened' During Filming of 'The Bible'   Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:26 pm

I couldn't watch the "Passion" either....and it wasn't true to the Bible story either....
I read the book that "Jim Cavaziel" wrote, after he made the movie he played "Jesus" in....It was a real good book and he is a true Christian,(If it's the same movie)
Back to top Go down

'Weird Things Happened' During Filming of 'The Bible'

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum ::  :: -