Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How many times have we heard, "Amateur astronomers wouldn't hide anything" ??

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dougr

How many times have we heard, "Amateur astronomers wouldn't hide anything" ?? Empty
PostSubject: How many times have we heard, "Amateur astronomers wouldn't hide anything" ??   How many times have we heard, "Amateur astronomers wouldn't hide anything" ?? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 8:50 am

At 8:20 in the following video a representative for SLOOH, while referencing a photo of Ison, admits, "We didn't publish this widely because we knew the conspiracy boys would get hold of it..."
Note the use of the word "WE".

A conspiracy to avoid the possibility that a conspiracy theory might be directed at the photo.  How ironic....and how very paranoid of them.
Limiting access so that it was out of reach of the "conspiracy boys" also put it out of reach for mostly everyone.
The reason for limiting access to the photo doesn't matter though.
The FACT that they are willing to limit access to a photo FOR ANY REASON shows, sadly,  amateur astronomers are not necessarily trustworthy.
What other reasons might they unilaterally deem necessary to hide information from people?

Oh well...you can't believe the plea, "But the amateur astronomers would surely tell us", any more.  It's now a fact that they very well may not.

Since 2003 Slooh has connected land based telescopes to the internet for access by the broader public. Slooh members have taken 2.4m photos of over 40,000 celestial objects, and participated in numerous discoveries with leading astronomical institutions. Slooh’s automated observatories develop celestial images in real time for broadcast to the internet. Slooh’s technology is protected by patent 7,194,146 B2 which was awarded in 2006. Slooh’s flagship observatory is situated on Mt. Teide in the Canary Islands, in partnership with the Institute of Astrophysics of the Canary Islands (IAC). Slooh has also broadcast celestial events from partner observatories in Arizona, Japan, Hawaii, Cypress and Dubai. Slooh’s free live broadcasts of asteroids, comets, transits, eclipses, etc. feature narration by astronomy experts Bob Berman and Paul Cox and are syndicated to media outlets such asNBC, ABC, CNN, Fox News, National Geographic, Wired, The Weather Channel and more.

http://events.slooh.com/overview
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

How many times have we heard, "Amateur astronomers wouldn't hide anything" ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How many times have we heard, "Amateur astronomers wouldn't hide anything" ??   How many times have we heard, "Amateur astronomers wouldn't hide anything" ?? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 9:11 am

syndicated to media outlets=money to be made???

I'm just grateful I don't have to listen to this dude's 'kindergarten appropriate' voice, inflection or attitude ever again!
Dr. Bruce Gary, whom he mentioned, doesn't seem to have the same problem sharing.

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many times have we heard, "Amateur astronomers wouldn't hide anything" ??   How many times have we heard, "Amateur astronomers wouldn't hide anything" ?? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 11:15 am

Last edited by jem on Sun May 25, 2014 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dougr

PostSubject: Re: How many times have we heard, "Amateur astronomers wouldn't hide anything" ??   How many times have we heard, "Amateur astronomers wouldn't hide anything" ?? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 1:45 pm

jem wrote:
People get ready. There's a train a coming.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many times have we heard, "Amateur astronomers wouldn't hide anything" ??   How many times have we heard, "Amateur astronomers wouldn't hide anything" ?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How many times have we heard, "Amateur astronomers wouldn't hide anything" ??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: