Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ISON breaking up ?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

ISON breaking up ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISON breaking up ?   ISON breaking up ? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 8:59 pm

GROUNDZERO wrote:
Heard (through a reliable source)a large piece came off in the last 24 hours, can anybody verify this. I looked around but don't see anything being reported.
GZ I think I remember reading that several large pieces (ice etc) needed to 'break off' as it heated if it was going to really light up (peel off into the coma or something). I've been well away from landmass and lights for several days to dodge the falling aluminum but can't tell if its lit up like July 4th or what we're looking at. I'm by no means an expert on the subject but there seems to be quite a bit of fascination from the stowaways who are well learned on such subjects . Almost looks like its growing a 'halo' but we were getting bounced around quite a bit by a nasty cold front sooo there may be some (maybe a lot of) user error involved. I think I remember reading something about lense effects that make things appear as such??

I hate to even say it but it sure seems like they're timing the FUKU "defueling" nonsense to run lock step with this thing. If 'ELENIN' kicked it off, this one may kick us in the stones...
Back to top Go down

ISON breaking up ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: