Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fire in the Sky News/Meteor outbreak underway!/'Booms' being reporte

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Fire in the Sky News/Meteor outbreak underway!/'Booms' being reporte Empty
PostSubject: Fire in the Sky News/Meteor outbreak underway!/'Booms' being reporte   Fire in the Sky News/Meteor outbreak underway!/'Booms' being reporte I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 8:07 am

Fire in the Sky News/Meteor outbreak underway!/'Booms' being reported

Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Fire in the Sky News/Meteor outbreak underway!/'Booms' being reporte   Fire in the Sky News/Meteor outbreak underway!/'Booms' being reporte I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 10:40 am

"Geminids have a broad peak and will show good activity well before and after the peak, and on the day before and after.

The radiant doesn't rise until just before midnight (daylight saving time) in most of Australia, so you will still have to disturb your sleep for this one. Australians should see a meteor every two to three minutes under dark skies in the early morning of the 14th, between 2:00 am and 4:00 am local time. You can find predictions for your local site at the meteor flux estimator (choose 4 Geminids and date 13-14 December, don't forget to change the date to 2013). "

http://astroblogger.blogspot.com/2013/12/geminid-meteor-shower-13-14-december.html

Ok most of us aren't Aussies, but similar conditions apply to N. America as well. I just like this gentleman's blog & read it from time to time so I thought I'd post it.
Back to top Go down
Yaddy

Yaddy

PostSubject: Re: Fire in the Sky News/Meteor outbreak underway!/'Booms' being reporte   Fire in the Sky News/Meteor outbreak underway!/'Booms' being reporte I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 6:04 pm

I don't know where he is, but if some one films something in New Zealand that's a fair hike away, and not close to even the east coast of Australia...I don't remember hearing anything about it and I live on the east coast...just saying! {:=)
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Fire in the Sky News/Meteor outbreak underway!/'Booms' being reporte   Fire in the Sky News/Meteor outbreak underway!/'Booms' being reporte I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 6:31 pm

Thanks Yaddy, I didn't do a very good job communicating. I didn't mean filming or watching or 'where to look', the entire Earth will be experiencing the Geminid meteor shower. I should have just included "Geminids have a broad peak and will show good activity well before and after the peak, and on the day before and after." & left the rest of it out. My intended point was we're in the 'ramp up' period to the 'heavy' night(s).

Yaddy wrote:
I don't know where he is, but if some one films something in New Zealand that's a fair hike away, and not close to even the east coast of Australia...I don't remember hearing anything about it and I live on the east coast...just saying! {:=)
Back to top Go down
Yaddy

Yaddy

PostSubject: Re: Fire in the Sky News/Meteor outbreak underway!/'Booms' being reporte   Fire in the Sky News/Meteor outbreak underway!/'Booms' being reporte I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 1:37 am

o.k. sorry if it sounded like I was picking on you...I happen to watch the night sky a lot and did not see anything.....we live in the bush so no city lights to worry me!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fire in the Sky News/Meteor outbreak underway!/'Booms' being reporte   Fire in the Sky News/Meteor outbreak underway!/'Booms' being reporte I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 12:41 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire in the Sky News/Meteor outbreak underway!/'Booms' being reporte   Fire in the Sky News/Meteor outbreak underway!/'Booms' being reporte I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fire in the Sky News/Meteor outbreak underway!/'Booms' being reporte
Page 1 of 1