Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mystery ‘alien-like creature’ seen in Bristol harbour

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Mystery ‘alien-like creature’ seen in Bristol harbour Empty
PostSubject: Mystery ‘alien-like creature’ seen in Bristol harbour   Mystery ‘alien-like creature’ seen in Bristol harbour I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 7:38 am

Mystery ‘alien-like creature’ seen in Bristol harbour Jpg

Experts were baffled after video footage emerged of a glowing “alien-like creature” swimming in Bristol harbour.

Stunned eyewitnesses filmed a mystery luminescent, tentacled being, which was flashing a variety of colours, floating close to the top of the water
Videos of the strange marine object in the city’s historic docks were posted on Youtube and Twitter with many claiming to have seen an alien.

Marine biologists admit they are baffled, but claim the footage could be a marine salp which had drifted off course by the weather.

Dr Steve Simpson, from the School of Biological Sciences at Bristol University, said: “It’s very intriguing, I don’t really know what to make of it.

“There is a possibility that it is a special type of jellyfish or a marine salp. It’s very unusual and I haven’t really seen anything like it before though.

“What makes it even more unusual is that fact that it showed up in the middle of a really busy area.

“There are various marine animals that have biological illuminating abilities and they are able to make themselves flash.

“It is entirely possible that it is a marine creature which has been brought into the harbour because of the storms or maybe it was trying to shelter from the stormy seas.

“We are currently experiencing spring tides too which may have dragged whatever this is in from the sea.

“This is either a very interesting animal or someone’s very cool interpretation of a marine creature.

“It looks really cool – it’s incredible. I don’t know if it will make a return tonight but I’m sure if it does it will be met by an eager crowd.”

Read Full Article
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1