Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Christians not being allowed to feed homeless..

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
scottr99

scottr99

Christians not being allowed to feed homeless.. Empty
PostSubject: Christians not being allowed to feed homeless..   Christians not being allowed to feed homeless.. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 12:56 pm

I believe the Bible as the literal and completed Word of God!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christians not being allowed to feed homeless..   Christians not being allowed to feed homeless.. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 8:34 pm

Yeah!
This is going on everywhere!
I've reported a few on this..
tonight the irony of the whole thing is that the news will ask for donations for needy families and children's toys but NO MENTION of even a warming room for homeless.

I saw the night before where Nevada City int the mountains to the north of me was not opening warming centers for people of need.
Yeah! It was the City Council / Mayor preventing this!!!!!!

Churches need to wake up and do a little more!
And I don't mean just in getting canned goods and stuff ... I mean preventing City Councils from shipping them to other cities and preventing citizens from handing out canned food to them!
Citizens need to STEP UP and force those in offices to let others / Churches organize methods to provide.

I saw one article that said Officials closed some soup kitchens saying that they needed a License and Health Dept. Inspection in order to provide these services to the homeless.. and other times they use the excuse of canned food does not have the correct nutrients for them!!!

Man!

Food and Warmth are the most important, yes there are inherent problems but they can be overcome!
Back to top Go down
rawblues

rawblues

PostSubject: Re: Christians not being allowed to feed homeless..   Christians not being allowed to feed homeless.. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 8:52 pm

I've worked at my church's food pantry for the past few years.  We do not minister to the actual homeless, (mostly people who have on-going needs but do have housing), so I'm sure the homeless is a much more difficult endeavor and probably has many more federal regulations.....most unneeded I might add.    We provide government USGA supplied food to families in need, but we get additional food donations from church members and a church sponsored Christian school.  I'm sure having prepared cooked food for the homeless is a difficult thing to do on a regular basis......especially when the government gets their hands involved.  I don't know what the answer really is, but I can tell you, when there is a disaster in the southeast, if it wasn't for the response of churches, people would be in a very dire need during a crisis.  If you wait on the Red Cross for help.....then you can forget it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: F E M A Camps: City to Exile Homless - South Carolina - 50th Anniversary of Civil Liberties   Christians not being allowed to feed homeless.. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 2:41 pm

http://www.prisonplanet.com/fema-camps-city-to-exile-the-homeless-its-not-a-conspiracy-theory-anymore.html

FEMA Camps: City to Exile the Homeless; It’s not a Conspiracy Theory Anymore

Brandon Walker
Prison Planet.com
November 5, 2013

Under the radar from the prying eyes of the public, South Carolina made it legal to get rid of their homeless problem. The people were given a choice, FEMA Camps or jail. The irony of it all was this happened right at the 50th Anniversary of Civil Liberties in August. The bad part is different cities from Boston to New York are shipping off their homeless, and no one cares. Is this coming to a town near you?
In August the city of Colombia, South Carolina, had a problem. A festival honoring the 50th Anniversary of the Civil Rights Movement was coming to town.  They couldn’t be seen with all the homeless when guests arrived from all parts of the United States. So the city council held a vote and made homelessness a crime.
Quote :
The Columbia City Council unanimously approved the plan, creating special police patrols that would enforce “quality of life” laws involving loitering, public urination and other crimes not necessarily restricted to the homeless population. Those officers would then offer the homeless a choice: Go to jail for their homelessness or be shuffled to a 240-bed, 24-hour shelter on the outskirts of town, which they wouldn’t be allowed to easily leave.
That second option isn’t jail, mind you, because the homeless are being confined with the help of a local charitable organization. It’s charitable incarceration, you see. The homeless can leave, but they need to set up an appointment and be shuttled by a van.”~Microsoft Media Net Money
Despite some news from the Main Stream Media, and Glenn Beck, it looks like the city went out of their way to begin staffing the 240 bed, 24 hour, razor wire topped FEMA camp that was supposed to be used in case of a disaster according to FEMA. Remember, these areas do not exist according to the news media. However the FEMA site has the plans and the implementations of them. FEMA has even built them for cities such as Galeston, Houston, New York, Boston, New Orleans, and even Colombia.  Strange for areas that don’t exist.
South Carolina went through with the plans and they even caught the attention of the ACLU. In order for the homeless to “qualify” for the “temporary shelter” they would have to be one of the first 240 homeless to apply and wouldn’t be able to leave except by shuttle.  They even went out of their way to remove some of the benches around the town so the homeless didn’t get comfortable and a hot line to call if you spotted homeless people for the residents.
But this is not the only area making it a crime for being homeless. It turns out that since 2011, the city of Boston is moving its homeless out of the city into what they call HOME Base near Salem away from the city. People in Southern California were getting concerned from homeless disappearing off the streets.
Most of the homeless in places like Sacramento are taken and driven out of town in tent cities of their own. They have made it a crime to be homeless and round them up and move them there. They are guarded and people have hotlines to call if they spot a homeless person. They ship them out and place them in these camps. They are not permitted to leave and they are not permitted to wander the streets of the bigger cities without a permit. If that is not a determent camp, I don’t know what is.
They are moving to make it a crime to be homeless in Miami as well. Where are they putting the people from these “round ups”?
The city of Columbia was quick to recant their law at the end of September, but there are several other cities and states that still have not. There are several individuals that have warned over the years to people that this would happen. If we do not find humanity in our hearts when does the the madness stop.
This is almost like the 1940′s rounding up of the undesirables happening right before our very eyes. The only thing different is that this is the United States and not Germany.
Now we have the the cutting of EBT and Food Banks by $5 Billion,   Unemployment  continuing to sky rocket, and over 3.5 million homeless with the numbers growing daily. We have 18.5 million vacation homes and homes in Detroit being sold for a dollar, but we can’t find places to house people other then FEMA camps? I think we all know what happens from here if we continue to let it.
When the people of bigger cities wake up to find that all the homeless have disappeared over night, you actually know where they are. The question is, are you next?
This post originally appeared at FreePatriot.org
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christians not being allowed to feed homeless..   Christians not being allowed to feed homeless.. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 9:35 am

http://www.care2.com/causes/3-more-groups-banned-from-feeding-the-homeless.html

3 More Groups Banned from Feeding the Homeless

• by Kevin Mathews
  • December 7, 2013
  • 6:00 am

Christians not being allowed to feed homeless.. 3060353.large

• praise GOD.care2.com/share/doshare.html?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.care2.com%2Fcauses%2F3-more-groups-banned-from-feeding-the-homeless.html&title=3 More Groups Banned from Feeding the homeless&media=http%3A%2F%2Fdingo.care2.com%2Fpictures%2Fcauses%2F3061%2F3060353.large.jpg&summary=So much for being a good samaritan. Local politicians across America continue to pass laws forbidding groups from feeding the homeless.&system_key=&service=facebook]6,672[/url]
  • praise GOD.care2.com/share/doshare.html?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.care2.com%2Fcauses%2F3-more-groups-banned-from-feeding-the-homeless.html&title=3 More Groups Banned from Feeding the homeless&media=http%3A%2F%2Fdingo.care2.com%2Fpictures%2Fcauses%2F3061%2F3060353.large.jpg&summary=So much for being a good samaritan. Local politicians across America continue to pass laws forbidding groups from feeding the homeless.&system_key=&service=twitter]241[/url]
  • praise GOD.care2.com/share/doshare.html?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.care2.com%2Fcauses%2F3-more-groups-banned-from-feeding-the-homeless.html&title=3 More Groups Banned from Feeding the homeless&media=http%3A%2F%2Fdingo.care2.com%2Fpictures%2Fcauses%2F3061%2F3060353.large.jpg&summary=So much for being a good samaritan. Local politicians across America continue to pass laws forbidding groups from feeding the homeless.&system_key=&service=pinterest]8[/url]
  • praise GOD.care2.com/share/doshare.html?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.care2.com%2Fcauses%2F3-more-groups-banned-from-feeding-the-homeless.html&title=3 More Groups Banned from Feeding the homeless&media=http%3A%2F%2Fdingo.care2.com%2Fpictures%2Fcauses%2F3061%2F3060353.large.jpg&summary=So much for being a good samaritan. Local politicians across America continue to pass laws forbidding groups from feeding the homeless.&system_key=&service=googleplus]0[/url]

get causes updates

When you see people who are starving, it seems like a natural impulse to want to feed them. Unfortunately, politicians are trying to circumvent this very human response by outlawing private individuals and groups from giving free food to the homeless.
Forget belittling the rich, this is real class warfare. By forbidding people from sharing meals with the poor, politicians are exacerbating the crisis rather than improving it. As backwards as it is to pretend that hunger disappears when groups stop feeding the homeless, a disappointing number of cities have adopted this policy:

• New York City, New York
  • Orlando, Florida
  • Seattle, Washington
  • Raleigh, North Carolina

Tragically, rather than seeing that list shrink, recent weeks have shown that the list is actually expanding. Here are three recent bans on feeding the homeless:
1. Crazy Faith Ministries
Christians not being allowed to feed homeless.. 164660247-300x200
For two years, Crazy Faith Ministries gathered in a public parking lot to feed Olympia, Washington’s homeless population. When local businesses complained, city politicians attempted to shut down the Christian group’s charitable act, but Crazy Faith Ministries refused to comply since there were no legal grounds.
Subsequently, the City Council found a legal reason, namely by passing a new law requiring groups to obtain expensive permits to gather in a public parking lot. Though the politicians claim they weren’t targeting Crazy Faith Ministries specifically, they acknowledge stopping the food service will improve “traffic” in the area. Think of all the malls and businesses that generate traffic jams that aren’t considered “problems”!
While some politicians have said they will help the group find a better location to serve the homeless, Crazy Faith representatives say that no one has followed through on that claim.

2. The Buttery Shelf
Christians not being allowed to feed homeless.. Butteryshelf-300x225
Many believe that it should be up to individuals to take care of the poor rather than the government, yet when a local business steps up to feed the hungry, the powers that be intervene to shut that down, too. Case in point: the Buttery Shelf Eatery in Lafayette, Indiana. Cherrie Buckley, the diner’s owner and all around good person, gave away free meals each Thursday to people in need… that is until fellow local business owners started suing Buckley, as reported by Care2′s Kristina Chew earlier this week.
They allege that Buckley’s generosity was scaring away patrons and costing them business. According to them, the line of needy people that lined up would drink alcohol, swear and litter, scaring others out of the neighborhood. However, even the police denied that these accusations were true, citing that at least one report of rampant drug use was definitely false considering an officer was already on the scene that could verify no such thing was occurring.
Despite the charges being bogus, Buckley lacks the resources to fight her peers’ lawsuits in court and has had to discontinue the free lunch service.

3. The Greater West Hollywood Food Coalition
Christians not being allowed to feed homeless.. 383254_234577073278786_100001794847448_547756_814265864_n-300x225
Los Angeles is working overtime to maintain its title as the “meanest” city toward homeless people. Not only has it recently banned encampments in a large portion of the city, but it continues to fight the courts to be able to prevent people from sleeping in their cars. If those battles weren’t enough, a pair of city councilmen are currently proposing making feeding homeless people in public spaces illegal.
Though a number of groups that currently serve food to the city’s large needy population in parks and street corners would then be subject to fines and arrests just for trying to help out, the potential new ordinance was drafted to address an ongoing conflict between the Greater West Hollywood Food Coalition and well-to-do homeowners. It turns out that rich people don’t want to have to see homeless people “loitering” anywhere near them and politicians like Mitch O’Farrell and Tom LaBonge are happy to prioritize the petty complaints of the affluent over the basic survival needs of the less fortunate.

Read more: http://www.care2.com/causes/3-more-groups-banned-from-feeding-the-homeless.html#ixzz2nBHStwns
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christians not being allowed to feed homeless..   Christians not being allowed to feed homeless.. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christians not being allowed to feed homeless..
Page 1 of 1