Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Depression is of the devil!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

Depression is of the devil! Empty
PostSubject: Depression is of the devil!   Depression is of the devil! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 9:58 am

Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.

5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.

6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

The Fruit of the Spirit is constant in Him. We are the one's who fluctuate, WHEN
we let the issues of life overshadow the Spirit; come between Him and us.

We chose to accept, believe, trust, allow, follow. And we continue to choose
every day, whether in the good times or bad.

As Paul says, vs. 11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Depression is of the devil!   Depression is of the devil! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 10:28 am

Here's a suicide in today's news. He didn't come back.
Nor did he ever find Jesus.
He wrote about his depression; "On his website, he recommended Andrew Solomon's "The Noonday Demon" and the Dalai Lama's "The Art of Happiness" to readers coping with depression."

"At his signings, countless kids would approach him to say that he changed their lives - he gave them hope,"
~~~~~~~~~~~
Really? Hope? NOW what will his 'followers' do?

http://www.aol.com/article/2013/12/21/popular-young-adult-author-ned-vizzini-32-dies-in-new-york/20793442/?ncid=webmail10

Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Depression is of the devil!   Depression is of the devil! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 11:32 am

Here's what I did. For what it's worth. I was becoming depressed, over the course of many years because I couldn't get my hubby to help out arond the house and other things. I felt that because I had to work, the male/female duties should be shared. Yeah, my mom had a clean house and food cooking every night and the lawn mowed etc.... but she didn't work. So did his. Now I hve all these things plus a full work week. I tried and tried to make him see how I felt but it did not seem to stick. At one point I hated coming home and felt divorcey. Sad

Then just when I was about to flip my lid, I just decided to give it up. He never complained about anything I did, all I did was complain at him. I knew I wasn't being a good wife in that respect and it seemed like I was treating him like a child. So, I asked Father for patience and to let go of the resentment. That was over a year ago and it didn't take very long for me to realize that everything doesn't have to be perfect and a happy husband with no added stress, was to my advantage.

I also realized (and I thank Father for this) that I really love my husband and that if I just quit expecting him to be what I want him to be and let him have some peace, my love just grows and grows. The devil was using me to drive myself into depression. I replaced him with love, ha! Take that you ol devil! Beat ya! the end Smile
Back to top Go down
billetman

billetman

PostSubject: Re: Depression is of the devil!   Depression is of the devil! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 1:00 pm

I suffered with pretty severe depression after a serious accident in 2001. Daily Prozac left me feeling like a zombie. Finally, in 2007, I got saved and shortly after that I quit the meds and have never had an issue since. Praise God!
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Depression is of the devil!   Depression is of the devil! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 1:40 pm

Awesome billetman!  And Delfi!   Overcomers!
You all may already realize this, but it struck me that she was saying what she encountered
on the other side was a manifestation of her dying state of consciousness.
Now, I'm not getting trippy here.  I'm applying logic.  If-Then.

If she had been born again AND was walking in conformityto the Will of God in the Fruit of the Spirit, then of course she would not have been desperately depressed to begin with,
BUT also......NO FRUIT MEANS NO EVIDENCE OF THE PRESENCE OF THE POWER OF THE
RESURRECTION!  

So, isn't it fair to say that if we are being conformed by the Spirit to the Image and Likeness
of Christ....then, do we not walk in LOVE, PEACE, JOY, PATIENCE, etc. regardless of any and all
worldly-fleshly circumstances?

AND, if we are to 'endure to the end'.....then "looking to the Author and Finisher of our faith,
and expressing ourselves in, by and through that conformed image is Paramount, no matter what happens!
Yes?
However, I am so not there yet, that I'll be looking to Mercy.

Back to top Go down
Yaddy

Yaddy

PostSubject: Re: Depression is of the devil!   Depression is of the devil! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 7:47 pm

I so agree with you Dove......but a lot of people just won't have it! They blame everything else except the truth!
Back to top Go down
scottr99

scottr99

PostSubject: Re: Depression is of the devil!   Depression is of the devil! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 9:50 pm

well with all due respect, this is kind of a hard, one-sided view.  reasons for depression are many, and people are human and can become overwhelmed.  from an emotional standpoint, if someone is beaten down year after year after year it can really wear you out.  i think the best thing is to pray for those that are in the grips of depression.  it's not only an affliction, but it's many times one where the person ceases to see things clearly enough to see themselves out of it.  i realize that walking perfectly in the Spirit of the Lord would make one strong, but isn't your view no different than saying that anyone, with any illness, is not walking in the Spirit enough to be cured?

I believe the Bible as the literal and completed Word of God!
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Depression is of the devil!   Depression is of the devil! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 4:24 am

I was thinking of you while writing, Scott, because He gave you that one answer for your diverse concerns: to worship in song.  Your testimony of how that has helped you, and even helped your situations to 'heal' could be a big one.  You may have said already, and I missed it.

You said,  "I realize that walking perfectly in the Spirit of the Lord would make one strong, but isn't your view no different than saying that anyone, with any illness, is not walking in the Spirit enough to be cured?"

Yes, that is almost exactly what I believe, but only to the Glory of God, not as an indictment against any person.
I'm not saying that sick people are not Holy enough, or Spiritual enough or don't know God enough.

What I'm saying is that sickness, deformity, disability, lack of any kind is a product of 'the curse', not God.  Nor is it God's Will that any should suffer.   God in His Perfection and Jesus in His Compassion give us a Standard by which we have Hope and Faith for something better.  
And through the knowledge of His Love, we enter into the battle to overcome the oppression and win the Promises.
The woman in the video had no such hope and was overcome by despair, until she had an encounter with Jesus.

There's no end of things to say regarding 'healing'.
We know Paul was left with some affliction, and a Word about it.  For our benefit as much as his, no doubt.

And I've seen the sublime healing, where the Life, Light and Presence of God is so intimately known and experienced that the death of the physical body cannot touch it, much less overshadow it.  That looked like the Pinnacle, like true Grace.

"Set your eyes on things Above."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Depression is of the devil!   Depression is of the devil! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Depression is of the devil!
Page 1 of 1