Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

RIOTS IN BROOKLYN OVER 16yr OLD SHOT IN BACK

Go down 
AuthorMessage

RIOTS IN BROOKLYN OVER 16yr OLD SHOT IN BACK Empty
PostSubject: RIOTS IN BROOKLYN OVER 16yr OLD SHOT IN BACK   RIOTS IN BROOKLYN OVER 16yr OLD SHOT IN BACK I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 5:55 pm

http://www.nydailynews.com/7-nypd-bullets-killed-teen-kimani-gray-article-1.1287452

America
Enraged protesters battle cops in Brooklyn streets during third night of rioting after it's revealed that 16-year-old Kimani Gray was shot in the back
As fights between cops and angry teens erupted in East Flatbush, 46 were arrested Wednesday night. Police struggled to control a furious crowd that broke away from a planned peaceful vigil.
By Chelsia Rose Marcius AND Shane Dixon Kavanaugh / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Published: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 2:29 PM
Updated: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 9:31 AM
Print
AP

Police officers arrest a demonstrator in what was a very ugly evening again in Brooklyn.

Protesters enraged over the fatal shooting of a teenager by police poured into Brooklyn streets for a third straight night Wednesday, pitching bricks, bottles and garbage in furious clashes with cops.

At least 46 demonstrators were arrested along Church Ave. in East Flatbush. Police struggled to control a hostile crowd that broke away from a planned peaceful vigil for Kimani (Kiki) Gray, 16, killed by police on Saturday night.
article_teen1_0313
Sam Costanza/New York Daily News
Police push protesters back on Church Ave. in East Flatbush.

Gray’s sister Mahnefeh was among those arrested. A police officer suffered a gash in the face when a tossed brick hit him, NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said, and a window was smashed in an inspector’s car.

RELATED: WITNESS CLAIMS 16-YEAR-OLD KILLED BY COPS HAD NOTHING IN HANDS
article_teen_0313
Kimani Gray is shown in this undated photo released on Sunday, March 10, 2013, in New York. Gray was shot and killed by New York City police officers in Brooklyn, when he allegedly pointed a .38 caliber revolver at them. Both officers fired, striking Gray. He was taken to Kings County Hospital, where he was pronounced DOA.

“They didn’t have to kill him,” Makaeo Williams, 18, said as police on motorcycles tracked alongside him. “I’m feeling mad inside. I’m angry. That’s why I’m out here.”

Many in the community contest police allegations that Gray pointed a gun at cops when he was shot during a confrontation with two plainclothes officers on E. 52nd St. Saturday night. Those suspicions on the street intensified Wednesday when an autopsy report revealed Gray was hit by seven bullets — three to the back.
article_teen3_0313
A pregnant protester who was knocked to the ground gets help from other protesters.

It was not clear in what order the shots struck the teen or whether he had his back to the police when they opened fire .

RELATED: COUNCILMAN BATTLES RAY KELLY AT HEARING
article_teen2_0313
Protesters taunt cops on Church Ave.

A witness told the Daily News Tuesday that the youth did not have a gun in his hand. But a police spokesman said the witness told detectives she couldn’t see the incident clearly “from the angle I was at.”

A woman who identified herself as Gray’s cousin told news outlets Wednesday that the teen was carrying a gun for a friend and was trying to alert cops that he had a weapon when he was shot. A loaded .38-caliber revolver was recovered at the scene.
TEEN14N_4_WEB
Todd Maisel/New York Daily News
Tishana King said she witnessed the shooting of Kimani Gray from her third floor window and she says she saw no gun.

The trouble Wednesday night began soon after more than 200 people set off from the vigil site at Church Ave. and E. 55th St. around 8:30 p.m.

RELATED: RIOT BREAKS OUT IN BROOKLYN FOLLOWING CANDLELIGHT VIGIL FOR 16-YEAR-OLD SHOT BY COPS
TEEN14N_3_WEB
Ellis Washington
Photo of crime scene.

Dozens chanted “NYPD, KKK, how many kids did you kill today” as they marched west on Church Ave. toward the 67th Precinct stationhouse.

But things quickly got out of hand as some protesters tried to climb on police motorcycles. Men and women were pepper-sprayed and thrown to the ground and handcuffed.
TEEN14N_2_WEB
Ellis Washington
The spot where Kimani Gray was killed by NYPD. Councilman Jumaane Williams has locked horns with Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly over the incident.

“I’m scared for everything, myself, my store, my workers,” said Salm Sami, 45, who owns the Deli, Grill & Grocery at Church and New York Aves. “This is three days of this.”

The protesters eventually backtracked to the vigil site where the parents of Ramarley Graham — an unarmed teenager fatally shot by police in the Bronx last year — were waiting. “It never seems to end,” said Frank Graham, Ramarley’s father. “The community has a right to be angry.”

But City Councilman Jumaane Williams, a frequent NYPD critic, blasted outsiders who he said escalated tensions. “Please stay the HELL out of our community will only agitate our kids,” Williams fumed on Twitter. “It’s dangerous and counterproductive.” "

With Thomas Tracy, Joe Kemp and Rocco Parascandola
Back to top Go down

RIOTS IN BROOKLYN OVER 16yr OLD SHOT IN BACK Empty
PostSubject: FLATBUSH — Protestors massed @ 67th precinct declared "Frozen Zone"   RIOTS IN BROOKLYN OVER 16yr OLD SHOT IN BACK I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 10:12 pm

http://intellihub.com/2013/03/14/frozen-zone-declared-in-brooklyn-as-cops-arrest-citizens-at-kimani-gray-vigil/

By Shepard Ambellas
Intellihub.com
March 14, 2013

FLATBUSH — Protestors massed at the New York Police Department’s 67th precinct in for the last 4 days in disagreement with the killing of Kamani Grey, 16, an innocent boy who was shot dead by local police last Saturday. The protest also serves as a vigil.

Because the police have ordered a “frozen zone” in the area to disperse the vigil anyone can be arrested for not following police orders. The last time a frozen zone was in effect in New york was on the 10th anniversary of 9/11.

A Malcolm X grassroots movement protestor and other citizens were reported to be arrested for as little as being in the street.
Back to top Go down

RIOTS IN BROOKLYN OVER 16yr OLD SHOT IN BACK
Page 1 of 1