Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ALERT!! :: Millions Will Be Affected–WV Water Contamination In The Ohio Headed For The Mississippi : UPDATE 1-18-2014

Go down 
AuthorMessage

ALERT!! :: Millions Will Be Affected–WV Water Contamination In The Ohio Headed For The Mississippi : UPDATE 1-18-2014 Empty
PostSubject: ALERT!! :: Millions Will Be Affected–WV Water Contamination In The Ohio Headed For The Mississippi : UPDATE 1-18-2014   ALERT!! :: Millions Will Be Affected–WV Water Contamination In The Ohio Headed For The Mississippi : UPDATE 1-18-2014 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 10:31 am

2 VIDEO'S @ LINK ALSO

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2014/01/cover-up-millions-will-be-affected-wv-water-contamination-started-weeks-ago-now-its-in-the-ohio-headed-for-the-mississippi-pictures-and-video-2875300.html

Cover Up!!! Millions Will Be Affected–WV Water Contamination Started Weeks Ago–Now It’s In The Ohio Headed For The Mississippi pictures and video
Wednesday, January 15, 2014 14:05

(Before It's News)

by Monica Davis

The chemical spill which has contaminated water for more than 300,000 thousand in West Virginians may have started weeks ago, and there is a lot we don’t know. But we do know people are saying area water still burns their noses, despite the fact that officials say Charleston’s water is safe now.

We don’t know how long the chemical has been leaking in to the river. Until consumers started complaining about the funny licorice smell, nobody knew anything was wrong. Even worse, activists are saying that industry actually had to develop a specific test to see if the stuff was in the water.

And while authorities are claiming the Charleston area water is safe to drink, a lot of people say otherwise. According to one blog reader:

It still burns people’s skin in Charleston as of last night, even after water restriction lifted. People left to suffer, companies pay nominal fine, and repeat.
15 Jan 7:59 AM

Despite the fact that the the main stream media seems to be ignoring the national implications, many environmentalists and alternative media sources are sounding the alarm.

Look at all of the cities that are downriver of this spill. Charleston, Cincinnati, Louisville, Evansville, Memphis and New Orleans. Is this chemical going to pollute the Ohio and Mississippi?

Last edited by spring2 on Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

ALERT!! :: Millions Will Be Affected–WV Water Contamination In The Ohio Headed For The Mississippi : UPDATE 1-18-2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ALERT!! :: Millions Will Be Affected–WV Water Contamination In The Ohio Headed For The Mississippi : UPDATE 1-18-2014   ALERT!! :: Millions Will Be Affected–WV Water Contamination In The Ohio Headed For The Mississippi : UPDATE 1-18-2014 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 8:50 pm

http://www.activistpost.com/2014/01/are-water-filters-effective-against.html#more

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Are Water Filters Effective Against The Chemical in the West Virginia Water Supply?

ALERT!! :: Millions Will Be Affected–WV Water Contamination In The Ohio Headed For The Mississippi : UPDATE 1-18-2014 BerkeyDaisy Luther
Activist Post

Officials in West Virginia claim that the water in parts of the state is now safe after a chemical spill left 300,000 people without water, but local residents aren’t so sure. A reader graciously provided his eyewitness assessment and opinion of the situation:
Quote :
I have first hand knowledge this water is not safe. For one, it smells very strongly of licorice. It has an off color; a blue hue. I will never drink it again. 
Quote :
I felt it was probably ok to bathe in but that was a mistake too. After flushing my system per the water companies specs, I took a shower. My eyes burned for 4 hours post shower. Many other posts on facebook and twitter have complained of the same ailment along with rashes. 
Quote :
The president of the water company didn’t answer the question when asked if he was drinking the water he was proclaiming safe for the masses and the head of the local head of the health dept. replied he was still in a red zone when asked the same question. Their non-answers speak volumes. Just thankful we rent so we don’t have a house to sell when we move. 
Quote :
I heard from a chemical engineer friend that the smell would not dissipate for many weeks. He likened it to getting gasoline on your hands and not being able to wash the smell off. We are not drinking nor using it for anything but flushing the toilet. They also have changed their tune and are now saying pregnant and nursing mothers should continue to utilize bottled water. If it’s unsafe for them, how is it safe for the rest?

Many people have asked whether or not a water filtration system will remove the toxic chemical, 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol, from municipal water, rendering it safe. It’s a difficult question to answer, because this chemical does not normally contaminate drinking water.

ALERT!! :: Millions Will Be Affected–WV Water Contamination In The Ohio Headed For The Mississippi : UPDATE 1-18-2014 Zeotrex125x125Laura Newton, The Water Filter Lady, generously passed on the following statement from Berkey headquarters regarding water filtration in this particular situation. The company answered very honestly:
Quote :
The chemical that was leaked in West Virginia is an organic chemical. This is a relatively unknown chemical that is not on the EPA’s organic chemical list to test for and for this reason we have not specifically tested this organic chemical compound, therefore we cannot say yes or no. 
Quote :
The organic compounds that we have tested for show the lowest removal rate was 86% removal, but the majority tested greater than 99% removal. 
Quote :
Without specific testing we cannot make any claim on this specific chemical, but the data suggest that we would likely be very efficient at removing the chemical, given that it is an organic chemical/compound. 
Quote :
New Millennium(Berkey) ALWAYS recommends that you use the cleanest source of water available; however we understand that during emergencies a clean source of water may not be available.
This is one of those situations where you can’t simply listen to “officials”. You have to use common sense and make your own assessments. You must keep in mind that toxins can sometimes stay in the body for a long time, and it’s difficult to know the repercussions that could occur in the future. Personally, I’d be hesitant to use this water at all; but if I had no option, I would absolutely be sure to filter it with my Berkey. If I did opt to filter the water, I’d replace the filters promptly as well.

I can’t express enough how vital it is to use this as a cautionary tale. Not only should you have water stored for emergencies such as this, you should also have filtration systems and back-up sources of water in the event that a future situation continued for an extended period of time.

Daisy Luther is a freelance writer and editor. Her website, The Organic Prepper, where this first appeared, offers information on healthy prepping, including premium nutritional choices, general wellness and non-tech solutions. You can follow Daisy on Facebook and Twitter, and you can email her at daisy@theorganicprepper.ca
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: W. VIRGINIA WATER POLLUTER FREEDOM INDUSTRIES FILES BANKRUPTCY IN LEGAL SHELL GAME   ALERT!! :: Millions Will Be Affected–WV Water Contamination In The Ohio Headed For The Mississippi : UPDATE 1-18-2014 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 11:43 pm

http://www.blacklistednews.com/W._Virginia_water_polluter_Freedom_Industries_files_bankruptcy_in_legal_shell_game/32143/0/38/38/Y/M.html

W. VIRGINIA WATER POLLUTER FREEDOM INDUSTRIES FILES BANKRUPTCY IN LEGAL SHELL GAME
Freedom Industries fouled a sixth of West Virginia’s water supply last week with toxic chemicals. Friday it filed for bankruptcy, which will at least temporarily shield the firm from lawsuits.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Hospital admissions over W. Virginia chem spill double even after water declared safe   ALERT!! :: Millions Will Be Affected–WV Water Contamination In The Ohio Headed For The Mississippi : UPDATE 1-18-2014 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 10:45 am

http://rt.com/usa/west-virginia-chemical-spill-water-911/

Hospital admissions over W. Virginia chem spill double even after water declared safe
Published time: January 20, 2014 20:26
Edited time: January 20, 2014 23:34
Get short URL
ALERT!! :: Millions Will Be Affected–WV Water Contamination In The Ohio Headed For The Mississippi : UPDATE 1-18-2014 West-virginia.si
Charleston Paramedics & First Responders responded to a man unresponsive on the banks of the Elk River on January 10, 2014 in Charleston, West Virginia. (Tom Hindman / Getty Images / AFP)

Tags
Accident, Biology, Ecology, Health, Medicine, Security, USA
Despite recent declarations that the water in West Virginia is now safe to use, hospital admissions related to the Kanawha Valley chemical spill have doubled over the last week.
About a week and a half ago, a chemical mixture used to wash coal – called “Crude MCHM” – began leaking into the Elk River, contaminating the water supply used by nine counties and roughly 300,000 people.
According to a recent story by the Charleston Gazette, 411 patients have been treated for chemical-related maladies at 10 different hospitals between January 9 and January 18. That’s a significant rise when compared to the numbers from just two days prior, when 317 individuals were treated for chemical exposure.
“Do not use” orders began being lifted on January 13, with all counties cleared to resume drinking and using the water by the 18th. As Think Progress noted, about 169 patients were treated and released from local hospitals as of January 12.
Even as calls to West Virginia’s Poison Control Center rise – more than 2,300 were made as of Saturday – a press release by Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin’s office pointed to numerous factors that could be causing the spike in hospital admissions, in addition to the inability of residents to wash their hands properly.
"We're in the middle of flu and virus season," Dr. Letitia Tierney of the state Bureau of Public Health said in the statement. "While the [hand] sanitizer is good for cleaning, it isn't great for eliminating a virus. Some people are getting these viruses, as many people do every winter. In addition, a lot of people are getting very anxious. Anxiety is a real diagnosis and it can be really hard on people and it's OK to be seen by a health professional to ensure you're OK."
Complicating the situation is that some areas already had their “do not use” bans lifted before new tests revealed chemical levels above the one-part-per-million standard mandated by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
To make matters worse, the standards set by the CDC are not based off Crude MCHM, but rather a pure form of MCHM. Since the Crude MCHM mixture is actually composed of a combination of seven total ingredients, it’s possible that the safety tests don’t adequately account for the potential danger of the other chemicals.
“If crude MCHM is truly what leaked, it’s possible that we don’t even know which of this ‘cocktail’ is most harmful. We could have set a threshold based on the wrong one. We may be testing the wrong one,” Evan Hansen, president of Morgantown-based Downstream Strategies, told Think Progress.
All this confusion has caused some residents to simply swear off tap water until contamination readings sink all the way down to zero.
"Nobody that I know is ingesting the stuff," local resident Richard Katz told the Gazette. "Some people are taking showers. Many are not. As for me, personally, I'm not touching this stuff."
The cause of the chemical leak is still unclear, though we recently reported on the possibility that some kind of object may have aggravated the problem by piercing the tank in question, which was already leaking.
Freedom Industries, the company responsible for maintaining the storage tanks, has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. At least 20 lawsuits have already been filed against the company for its role in the spill.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: EXCLUSIVE: West Virginia Water’s Secret Poison: Scientists Race to Identify What Gov. Is Not Testing   ALERT!! :: Millions Will Be Affected–WV Water Contamination In The Ohio Headed For The Mississippi : UPDATE 1-18-2014 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 5:32 pm

http://beforeitsnews.com/health/2014/01/exclusive-west-virginia-waters-secret-poison-scientists-race-to-identify-what-gov-is-not-testing-2519754.html

EXCLUSIVE: West Virginia Water’s Secret Poison: Scientists Race to Identify What Gov. Is Not Testing
Tuesday, January 21, 2014 10:30

ALERT!! :: Millions Will Be Affected–WV Water Contamination In The Ohio Headed For The Mississippi : UPDATE 1-18-2014 Images-9

Independent scientists are racing Tuesday to identify what the government is not testing, a secret ingredient in the chemical that Freedom Industries leaked into water supplying of 300,000 people, Nalco’s “Crude MCHM’. They are determined to find the ingredient that government is not testing, yet advising the public that the water is safe.
Nearly 1000 West Virginia residents have gone to hospital emergency rooms for poisoning, according to government reports. That number does not include the number of patients seeing their family physicians at clinics. Both numbers continue rising, as residents are left to make their own decisions about using or not using the tainted water and breathe the tainted air.
Locorice odor a big clue to scientists
“Something else surely is in the chemical,” retired neuroscientist Dr. Paul Brown in West Virginia told Before It’s News on Monday. “Pure MCHM has a faint mint odor and residents are complaining of a strong licorice odor.”
That simple clue about the licorice smell reported throughout the nine counties most impacted in the present water crisis, is one government officials should have considered and acted upon, but have not, according to independent scientists speaking to Before It’s News’ Deborah Dupré, reporting from West Virginia.
Organic chemist Dr. Yuri Gorby is working with a team of other independent scientists to analyze water samples provided by locals so they can identify the secret part of Nalco’s “Crude MCHM,” the part that government officials are not testing, yet telling 300000 impacted residents the water is safe.
Nalco owns the “Crude MCHM” chemical. Eastman is the principal supplier. Freedom Industries is a distributor of the chemical. All are under the Koch Industries of the 1% on Wall Street.
“Eastman is the principal supplier of crude MCHM used in the froth flotation method of cleaning coal,” Brown said. “Their chemical data sheet for MSDM is totally inadequate, filled with unknowns about toxicity and environmental effects.”
“Presumably, the other stuff in the cleaning solution is responsible for the odor difference, and may be responsible for the harm people are suffering,” Brown said.
Dr. Gorby says that government officials are only testing the organic compounds, not the inorganic carbon-based compounds. Four parts are in the 4 MCHM compound, Gorby told Before It’s News. His team has several “suspects” they are trying to identify for certain, one of which is used in the fracking process, he says.
“We’re trying to find the other 3 and cross-reference them. If these four chemicals are found in fracking, we can make the assumption that people won’t know and scientists won’t know what to test.
“It is unconscionable that the residents don’t have full answers to what is in the water and authorities aren’t doing anything useful about it.
Suggested by the author
W. Va. Chemical Leak: Gov. Tomblin Gives Freedom To Residents (VIDEOS)
West Virginia Officials: Don’t Drink The Water! Drink The Water! No, DON’T Drink The Water!
West Virginia Officials ADMIT ER Patient Surge AFTER Water Ban Lifted
Baby Burns In W. Va. Poison Crisis
Over 200 West Virginians At State Capitol Demanded Answers (PHOTOS)
Gulf Oil Spill Villain Behind West Virginia Water Crisis Curtain
Nat’l Terror Alert: What To Do In West Va. Chemical Attack
The Great West Virginia Freedom Industries’ Poison Swindle VIDEO
Scientists Blow Lid Off Why ERs SURGING As WV Water Ban Lifts
W. Virginia Water Burns Woman’s Leg (PHOTO)
Over 200 West Virginians Koch Victims Hospital-Treated For Poisoning
W.V. Under Chemical Attack! State of Emergency: 9-County Water Ban
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ALERT!! :: Millions Will Be Affected–WV Water Contamination In The Ohio Headed For The Mississippi : UPDATE 1-18-2014   ALERT!! :: Millions Will Be Affected–WV Water Contamination In The Ohio Headed For The Mississippi : UPDATE 1-18-2014 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ALERT!! :: Millions Will Be Affected–WV Water Contamination In The Ohio Headed For The Mississippi : UPDATE 1-18-2014
Page 1 of 1