Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

RISE OF THE MACHINES ERA-Colonel Issues Warning “Killer Robots”

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

RISE OF THE MACHINES ERA-Colonel Issues Warning “Killer Robots” Empty
PostSubject: RISE OF THE MACHINES ERA-Colonel Issues Warning “Killer Robots”   RISE OF THE MACHINES ERA-Colonel Issues Warning “Killer Robots” I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 11:11 am

http://www.infowars.com/us-army-colonel-issues-warning-about-remorseless-killer-robots/

US Army Colonel Issues Warning About Remorseless “Killer Robots”

Drones are the “start of the rise of the machines”

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
March 14, 2013

Award-winning military writer and former intelligence officer Lt. Col. Douglas Pryer has penned an essay warning of the threat posed by remorseless “killer robots” that will be used to stalk and slaughter human targets in the near future.

Rise of the Machines. Image: YouTube

Pryer worked in military intelligence after joining the US Army in 1992 and has served in Iraq, Afghanistan and Kosovo. He has won several prestigious awards since he began writing in 2009.

In an essay published by the United States Army Combined Arms Center, Pryer laments how the use of unmanned drones – which kill 50 innocent civilian for every suspected terrorist – are perpetuating wars and endangering America’s global reputation. He then makes a stark warning that the drone strike program is merely a pre-cursor to the kind of nightmare technocracy depicted in the Terminator movies.

“It seems heart-breakingly obvious that future generations will someday look back upon the last decade as the start of the rise of the machines,” writes Pryer, adding that the US government is developing, “robots so advanced that they make today’s Predators and Reapers look positively impotent and antique. These killer robots, though, will share one thing in common with their primitive progenitors: with remorseless purpose, they will stalk and kill any human deemed “a legitimate target” by their controllers and programmers.”

Pryer’s comments echo those of Noel Sharkey, professor of artificial intelligence and robotics at the University of Sheffield, who has repeatedly warned that the robots currently being developed under the auspices of DARPA will eventually be used to kill.

Sharkey described the DARPA robots as “an incredible technical achievement, but it’s unfortunate that it’s going to be used to kill people.”
Back to top Go down
wakeupcall1111

wakeupcall1111

PostSubject: Re: RISE OF THE MACHINES ERA-Colonel Issues Warning “Killer Robots”   RISE OF THE MACHINES ERA-Colonel Issues Warning “Killer Robots” I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 2:40 pm

John Connor, where are you??

RISE OF THE MACHINES ERA-Colonel Issues Warning “Killer Robots” Adaptationdemotivator

Oops, edit to give credit where credit is due - picture taken from www.despair.com site - funny stuff there...

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: RISE OF THE MACHINES ERA-Colonel Issues Warning “Killer Robots”   RISE OF THE MACHINES ERA-Colonel Issues Warning “Killer Robots” I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 2:40 am

Wakeupcall, your hair is so beautiful! Gorgeous! Rep for beauty! Smile All of you, not just your hair! Smile
Back to top Go down
wakeupcall1111

wakeupcall1111

PostSubject: Re: RISE OF THE MACHINES ERA-Colonel Issues Warning “Killer Robots”   RISE OF THE MACHINES ERA-Colonel Issues Warning “Killer Robots” I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 11:45 am

RISE OF THE MACHINES ERA-Colonel Issues Warning “Killer Robots” 550949801 Delfi, thank you - what a sweet compliment! Made my day! My hair started out very dark chocolate brown when I was young and started getting greyer in my 20's. Then has gotten whiter and whiter. Not sure where it will go from here! Shocked

People ask me about it all the time and if it is natural and many times they don't believe me because my eyebrows are still naturally brown. Hey, I didn't create my gene pool, I just live it - LOL
Blessings sis (love the smilies on this site btw!)RISE OF THE MACHINES ERA-Colonel Issues Warning “Killer Robots” 2046301419

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RISE OF THE MACHINES ERA-Colonel Issues Warning “Killer Robots”   RISE OF THE MACHINES ERA-Colonel Issues Warning “Killer Robots” I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RISE OF THE MACHINES ERA-Colonel Issues Warning “Killer Robots”
Page 1 of 1