Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to post a link that fits within the page

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

How to post a link that fits within the page Empty
PostSubject: How to post a link that fits within the page   How to post a link that fits within the page I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 1:18 pm

So many links are being posted incorrectly, leading to run off at the edges and distorted pages.
Please keep in mind that if I can fix it, y'all can too.

Enter the address in the top box "url"and the description of the link in the bottom or just add "link" if you want.

Please lets all try to post properly.  I truly don't have time to fix every post, every day.  thanks

How to post a link that fits within the page Ttt12

Last edited by Delfi on Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: How to post a link that fits within the page   How to post a link that fits within the page I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 1:22 pm

Also, if your pics are gigantic, you can resize them easily by using the "host an image" button. Just choose a size and then upload. Smile
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: How to post a link that fits within the page   How to post a link that fits within the page I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 1:44 pm

I also fix my fair share of 'em as well though I don't catch all of them.

Host an image is used only when you upload an image from your computer. When linking to an image from the Internet use the "insert an image" function. You can re-size on the fly. So people can see the larger original try to remember to include the link as well. See example below.

Here is a 3,872 X 2,592 re-sized to display at 640 X 480.

Original Image: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7f/Palacio_de_Bellas_Artes_-_Mural_El_Hombre_in_cruce_de_caminos_Rivera_4.jpg

How to post a link that fits within the page Resize10

Re-sized image below:

How to post a link that fits within the page Palacio_de_Bellas_Artes_-_Mural_El_Hombre_in_cruce_de_caminos_Rivera_4
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: How to post a link that fits within the page   How to post a link that fits within the page I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 2:09 pm

Where's that image from? BOA?

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: How to post a link that fits within the page   How to post a link that fits within the page I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 2:34 pm

It's in the Rockefeller Center. It's another Rivera Diego mural. See the Roger Taggert nephilim topic for more details, Dove.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

!! FOXTROT JULIET BRAVO !!
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: How to post a link that fits within the page   How to post a link that fits within the page I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 2:37 pm

researcher wrote:
I also fix my fair share of 'em as well though I don't catch all of them.

Host an image is used only when you upload an image from your computer. When linking to an image from the Internet use the "insert an image" function. You can re-size on the fly. So people can see the larger original try to remember to include the link as well.
Actually, it has both options.
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: How to post a link that fits within the page   How to post a link that fits within the page I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 2:45 pm

It does!?!? I'll have to go look closer. It's just something that hasn't stood out for me I guess. I've always done it the way I showed so I never looked any further. If either way works then I stand corrected.   I love you
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: How to post a link that fits within the page   How to post a link that fits within the page I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 2:50 pm

Good afternoon researcher! Smile  Well I use it exclusively. I've never used the other. It's easier I think... love My computer is so old and slow now! Time for a new one, I wonder if I should just dump some liquid on it and be done with it! Smile
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: How to post a link that fits within the page   How to post a link that fits within the page I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:03 pm

Delf . . . start planting birthday ideas in your hubbies head. Start early. Of course you'll want to hint that you want something "powerful but reasonable". Reasonable meaning of course something much like command control center from the Star Trek Enterprise in power.   Rofl

hilarious  hilarious  hilarious
How to post a link that fits within the page Sisko_outlines_operation_return
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: How to post a link that fits within the page   How to post a link that fits within the page I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 5:41 pm

lol!  I've learned over the years that the fastest way to get something from him is to attempt any type of "hillbilly ingenuity" and invent  it myself. I dug out a pond and needed a good filter, they're kinda pricey, so knowing that it would blow his mind and give him a chance to rescue me from my folly.... I built one of my own using stuff I found around the house and some panty hose. heeheehee.  That was a Saturday and he spent most of Sunday online investigating pond filters. Smile

I'll have to figure out a way to apply that here. And don't think I'm manipulating him unknowingly, 🇬🇬he's on to me but it still works!

Quote :
Sheldon: If I got on the bridge of the Enterprise, I would never, ever leave.”
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: How to post a link that fits within the page   How to post a link that fits within the page I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 7:06 pm

Quote :
Sheldon: If I got on the bridge of the Enterprise, I would never, ever leave.”

I'll be happy to leave that to the very capable captain and crew. Pardon me sir, but would you direct me to the holo-deck please?

Computer, run Tahiti Island program 'researcher alpha three' at sunset. Ahhhh, that's nice computer. You even remembered the mango margarita and the chips and dip. Life is good.

How to post a link that fits within the page Mango_10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to post a link that fits within the page   How to post a link that fits within the page I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 7:21 pm

I have an excuse... well yes and no... I get hacked so much these days and it involves a javascript back door.
All the functions you mentioned are done with the forum using javascript enabled... I do a lot of hand editing to post . .. I and I do appologize for my bad pages that actually come formated that way.
I will try the link method if I can for those pages I suspect will show up that way as I have caught many but am not sure how to properly strip the formatting the original uses.
I have tried to do the stripping before but unsucsessfully.

I'll work on this ...

On average I am getting hacked about 38 -50 times in a half day.
I know now by the methods used that I am a target to silence and if some of you read the news sites there has been an article recently about the fact that they are targeting people to prevent some of the news articles like I post from being reposted.
I have used all the methods that I can find to prevent it but best I can do at present is a process monitor that can kill processes not authorized by the user id or the root id. The perps use both.
if it stays on (attack) for more that 30 sec. My system is dead upon restarting and the endless redo cycle of installing a new one begins again... and this happens about 10- 13 times a week.

So... yes I'll try to make those pages comply and if I can't I'll just leave a link.

Dave
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: How to post a link that fits within the page   How to post a link that fits within the page I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 8:13 pm

The mods know you are having hacking problems and that you are doing your best to resolve java issues, Dave. We'll have your back if something needs to be resolved on one of your pages. That goes for everybody else too. Y'all all just do your best and if you still are having issues PM a mod. That's why we are here.

I'm pretty good at holding hands and walking folks through problems. (even with you guys, guys. Just don't get any weird ideas, OK.)  Laughing

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to post a link that fits within the page   How to post a link that fits within the page I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 8:59 pm

Thanks!
Do you have for the forum the specs it is looking for as far as width or characters? Maybe I can get somethng of a template to work. Suggestions on some way to set up an unruly page to work here?
I'll look into the programs I have ... maybe I can learn what to do with these problem pages.

Oh researcher... by the way since you have some old Mac's I recently found Classilla free web browser that works with older systems such as 9. Could be useful as a back up computer... I've been checking to see if it will hold up.
My big mac is running 3 systems 1 linux which I use as back-up, 10.3.9 and also 9.2 which I used to use for animation. Classilla is on the later. Looks sort of like the later Netscape and works pretty decent so far. Give a try.

PM for any suggestions... I might forget to look here.
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: How to post a link that fits within the page   How to post a link that fits within the page I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 9:12 pm

I don't have any older macs. I only have a Macbook Pro and it runs on the Intel processor platform. It's running OS Ver. 10 or something of that sort. Heck, I don't ever use the dang thing so I don't even know what it has anymore. The mac is a real nice unit but I guess I'm really a win-doze sort of guy.  Wink

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to post a link that fits within the page   How to post a link that fits within the page I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to post a link that fits within the page
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: