Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Garden, Getting Ready! New tool & Lehman's Free Shipping!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Garden, Getting Ready! New tool & Lehman's Free Shipping! Empty
PostSubject: Garden, Getting Ready! New tool & Lehman's Free Shipping!   Garden, Getting Ready! New tool & Lehman's Free Shipping! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 5:12 pm

Green link for Green Thumbs:

Lehman's Has A Free Shipping Special Right Now!

Thought someone here might be thinking about gardening too! Here ya go!
https://www.lehmans.com/default.aspx

Well, I chose this new tool for my garden maintenance this year.
Was looking at one of the big wheels with furrow blade and plow blade and standard tines... but I decided to give this one a try because it has a blade for weeds and spiral tooth blade to break up clods as well as tines to do the deeper work. You just flip it over for the weed cutting.
I chose non gas operated tools for a reason, quiet - use at 12pm if you want. No hazardous fuel in garden, and if gas isn't available... + anyone can go out and do a little work.

https://www.lehmans.com/p-1789-lehmans-own-rotary-cultivator.aspx
Garden, Getting Ready! New tool & Lehman's Free Shipping! 1789_4_
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Garden, Getting Ready! New tool & Lehman's Free Shipping!   Garden, Getting Ready! New tool & Lehman's Free Shipping! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 5:53 pm

Garden, Getting Ready! New tool & Lehman's Free Shipping! P1010310

My garden from a few years past, 28x32',
Cucumbers 2 row, Pickling 1 row also, Carrots 3 row, Turnips 1 row, Kale 1 row, Boston Beets 2 row, Green Beans 3 row , Water Mellon, Cantelope, Cilantro, Acorn Squash, Crook Neck 5 plants,  Squash 1 row, Celery 1/2 row, Tomatoes 1 row 3 varieties, 2 Lettuce 2 varieties. Think that was it. No GMO, Horse and Cow manure, had tilled (shovel and hoe).
Last time 5 Sprinklers 4 189 degree in corners and 1 360 in middle used in morning and afternoon pvc tube with small holes for Hot Days, under plants. My rows are half the 32' length, about 14'.
These days are different.. 2ft wide and 24 ft long and some are divided in two. Most thinks are planted much closer together and I use boards with pegs for the spacing and depth of the seeds, has a drawer handle and you just press down to make all the holes to proper depth and drop in you seeds & cover. Add water and green thumb and some care and love makes for yummy breakfast lunch and dinner, yes I do eat breakfast garden mix with no dressing, you feel so much better!
Back to top Go down
michael371
Super Elite

PostSubject: Re: Garden, Getting Ready! New tool & Lehman's Free Shipping!   Garden, Getting Ready! New tool & Lehman's Free Shipping! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 6:28 pm

i bought an old fashioned wheelhoe, with all the bells and whistles, last year and it is the neatest little thing.....it came with a planter and a grass cutting blade that just about eliminated the manual removing of grass....I have a tiller, but used it a lot less after I got this little thing....if gas gets in short supply, I can still make a garden and eat.....you guys do know that there is coming a time in the near future that gardens will be regulated, don'tcha?
Back to top Go down
rawblues

rawblues

PostSubject: Re: Garden, Getting Ready! New tool & Lehman's Free Shipping!   Garden, Getting Ready! New tool & Lehman's Free Shipping! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 7:08 pm

Hey michael371,

Are you happy with the planter with yours?  I know Hoss makes a wheelhoe with a planter and I've wondered how well they actually work but I've never known anyone to ask who actually had first-hand experience with one.  They do look pretty nice.
Back to top Go down
michael371
Super Elite

PostSubject: Re: Garden, Getting Ready! New tool & Lehman's Free Shipping!   Garden, Getting Ready! New tool & Lehman's Free Shipping! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 8:07 am

rawblues, the planter works good for large seed such as peas and corn, but for smaller seed, I usually have to make two passes.....go up one size on the plates,rather than using the recommended plate.....the wheelhoe sure beats wrestling with a tiller
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Garden, Getting Ready! New tool & Lehman's Free Shipping!   Garden, Getting Ready! New tool & Lehman's Free Shipping! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 10:29 am

I could get into real trouble on that Lehman's site! Lots of really cool stuff over there. I love to garden but my soil is such that I can't use the cultivator Spring references. To many rocks, even though I've been de-rocking the same area for 15+ years they still seem to magically float up like bubbles in soda pop. I use a Mantis tiller. I'm on my second one, the first being a gasoline powered engine and the one I use now being an electric model. Does the trick and is light enough at only around 20 pounds that it makes tilling pretty easy.

http://mantis.com/home.asp

Garden, Getting Ready! New tool & Lehman's Free Shipping! 5Garden, Getting Ready! New tool & Lehman's Free Shipping! 1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Garden, Getting Ready! New tool & Lehman's Free Shipping!   Garden, Getting Ready! New tool & Lehman's Free Shipping! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Garden, Getting Ready! New tool & Lehman's Free Shipping!
Page 1 of 1