Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Haunted by trauma, tsunami survivors in Japan turn to exorcists

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Haunted by trauma, tsunami survivors in Japan turn to exorcists Empty
PostSubject: Haunted by trauma, tsunami survivors in Japan turn to exorcists   Haunted by trauma, tsunami survivors in Japan turn to exorcists I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 11:42 am

http://dawn.com/2013/03/05/haunted-by-trauma-tsunami-survivors-in-japan-turn-to-exorcists/

In a society wary of admitting to mental problems, many are turning to exorcists for help.

Tales of spectral figures lined up at shops where now there is only rubble are what psychiatrists say is a reaction to fear after the March 11, 2011, the disaster in which nearly 19,000 people were killed.

“The places where people say they see ghosts are largely those areas completely swept away by the tsunami,” said Keizo Hara, a psychiatrist in the city of Ishinomaki, one of the areas worst-hit by the waves touched off by an offshore earthquake.

“We think phenomena like ghost sightings are perhaps a mental projection of the terror and worries associated with those places.”...

This is a either mass PTSD or something weird is happening in Japan.
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Haunted by trauma, tsunami survivors in Japan turn to exorcists   Haunted by trauma, tsunami survivors in Japan turn to exorcists I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 12:05 pm

Well, unlike we in the States, they embrace their spirit culture. There's a spirit for practically everything there, kind of like American Indians but x100.

I think they are probably really seeing them. They mainly practice Kami-no-Michi, or spirit way/path, also known as Shinto-ism.
Quote :
Kami are defined in English as "spirits", "essences" or "deities", that are associated with many understood formats; in some cases being human-like, in others being animistic, and others being associated with more abstract "natural" forces in the world (mountains, rivers, lightning, wind, waves, trees, rocks). Kami and people are not separate; they exist within the same world and share its interrelated complexity.

Fact books and statistics typically list some 80 to 90% of Japanese people as Shintoist

You know how the saying goes, "if you build it they will come" Throw some Buddhism in there and you have a country rife with welcomed spirits.
Back to top Go down
Proskuneo

Proskuneo

PostSubject: Re: Haunted by trauma, tsunami survivors in Japan turn to exorcists   Haunted by trauma, tsunami survivors in Japan turn to exorcists I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 12:07 pm

IDK??? Sheepishly I'll admit that I watch Ghost Hunters. (yah I'm a sinner. But a sinner who wants to be prepared for anything.) Jason and Grant have caught some evidence that I cannot refuse and the team cannot debunk. 19,000 ppl were killed. They are not demons so no exorcist is warranted. They should probably have a christian burial service on the site. Speak the name of Jesus and his love to the lost souls of Japan.

Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
James 4:8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you....
Psalm 40:8, Colossians 1:9, Isaiah 26:4, Acts 15:11
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Haunted by trauma, tsunami survivors in Japan turn to exorcists   Haunted by trauma, tsunami survivors in Japan turn to exorcists I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 12:28 pm

That's very interesting, Delfi. I find it more believable that they are seeing something than that there is some sort of mass hallucination.

Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Haunted by trauma, tsunami survivors in Japan turn to exorcists   Haunted by trauma, tsunami survivors in Japan turn to exorcists I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 1:58 pm

I can't figure it out, I know demons masquerade as ghosts, maybe this is what's happening. I can't figure out how the spirits of people get stuck on these places. It has to be demons. The bible says the spirits either go to hell or to Jesus. It makes me sad that a culture I love so much has this pantheism culture. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Haunted by trauma, tsunami survivors in Japan turn to exorcists   Haunted by trauma, tsunami survivors in Japan turn to exorcists I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Haunted by trauma, tsunami survivors in Japan turn to exorcists
Page 1 of 1