Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Expert: Iran ships a dry run for later nuclear/EMP attack; humiliate Obama

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Expert: Iran ships a dry run for later nuclear/EMP attack; humiliate Obama Empty
PostSubject: Expert: Iran ships a dry run for later nuclear/EMP attack; humiliate Obama   Expert: Iran ships a dry run for later nuclear/EMP attack; humiliate Obama I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 11:45 am

BY PAUL BEDARD | FEBRUARY 14, 2014 AT 11:21 AM 

TOPICS: WASHINGTON SECRETS IRAN ELECTROMAGNETIC PULSE NUCLEAR WEAPONS GENEVA

Expert: Iran ships a dry run for later nuclear/EMP attack; humiliate Obama W200-2b64ffc61a235990ff881288380fc01aIran warships are planning a maneuver off the Atlantic Coast. AP Photo
Iran's surprising decision to move warships off the Atlantic coast poses a potential catastrophic threat to America from a nuclear or electromagnetic pulse attack, according to an expert who foresaw Iran's move.

Peter Pry, an expert on EMP attacks, said the ships are likely a dry run for a future attack, a maneuver meant to lull Washington into complacency while also embarrassing President Obama and his effort to convince Tehran to give up production of a nuclear bomb in return for a lifting of some economic sanctions.

“Yes, patrols by the Iranian Navy off our coasts could pose threat of a surprise EMP attack,” said Pry, who with others such as former CIA Director R. James Woolsey, has convinced several state legislatures to take moves to harden their electric and energy grids from EMP attack because Washington won't.

Pry said the ships are probably conducting a test for a future visit from an Iranian freighter that would launch the attack.

“I think the Iranian Navy patrols off our coasts may be intended to lull us into complacency, to get the U.S. Navy accustomed to an Iranian naval presence in our hemisphere, so eventually they could contribute to 'Zero Hour' and the great day when the Mullahs decide to drop the nuclear hammer on America,” said Pry, who staffed a former congressional EMP commission.

“I think the Iranian Navy patrols are also intended to humiliate Obama and the United States for the Geneva [nuclear] interim agreement that Tehran interprets, correctly I think, as U.S. surrendering to the inevitability of a nuclear-armed Iran,” he added.

Pry, president of EMPACT America, one of the nation's leading authorities on EMP, revealed that Iran recently purchased Russia's Club-K missile launcher, which can be hidden in tractor-trailer-sized cargo boxes.

“I and my colleagues, including Reza Kahlili, who warned six months ago that these Iranian patrols were coming, think it more likely Iran would make an EMP attack by launching a missile off a freighter, so they could do the deed anonymously, and escape retaliation,” Pry explained.

“Iran has demonstrated the capability to launch a missile off a freighter. Iran has also purchased Russia's Club-K missile system. The Club-K is a complete missile launch system, disguised to look like a shipping container, that could convert any freighter into a missile launch platform. The Club-K, if armed with a nuclear warhead, could be used to execute an EMP attack.”

Woolsey recently told Secrets that Iran was just months away from finishing production of their first nuclear bomb.

He also has joined with Pry and others, including Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, in warning about a nuclear blast in the atmosphere that would knock out electric transformers and facilities in the mid-Atlantic.

The maker of the Club-K has posted a promotional video, above, showing how a nation could use it.
Back to top Go down

Expert: Iran ships a dry run for later nuclear/EMP attack; humiliate Obama Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expert: Iran ships a dry run for later nuclear/EMP attack; humiliate Obama   Expert: Iran ships a dry run for later nuclear/EMP attack; humiliate Obama I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 1:03 pm

Either now or later, as I see it they would launch from the Gulf of Mexico in order to cover East and West.
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: