Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

measured faith or increase in faith

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Yaddy

Yaddy

measured faith or increase in faith Empty
PostSubject: measured faith or increase in faith   measured faith or increase in faith I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 10:36 pm

I went to a Bible study today, and we had quite a discussion on faith.....some said we have a set measure of faith and we use it as we can...by reading the Word and praying, we have our faith purified as it says in 1Peter...it is purified as gold....gold does not increase with the purification, it gets purer....
We did all realise that there is the gift of faith, which is different to the faith we all have when we accept Christ...they were talking about growing our faith, and making it stronger, but.....does it increase...and where would I find this in a Bible verse?
Is growing the same as increasing is getting stronger the same as increasing?
Just thought I'd put it out there!
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: measured faith or increase in faith   measured faith or increase in faith I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 10:29 am

Hi Yaddy.  thanks   I have to answer this, even before finding verses, starting by asking 'what
of myself do I rely on concerning the things of God'?

If, and as all are given a 'measure of faith', that is our starting point.  We have faith that:
God is~
God can be found and known, first by knowledge of His Word, then also by His Confirming and Conforming Presence with and in us~
That in, with, and by His Presence, through Communion with Him, we witness and
have experience of HIS Faith, which is Sureness, and assurance to us.
And in Light of THAT Faith which is THE EVIDENCE OF TRUTH, our faith grows...even from Glory to Glory [revelation to revelation of Truth; of His Boundless, Unlimited Authority, Supremacy, Might and Ability to perform ALL that He has said] till the Fullness of the Kingdom dawns .

ie: Our faith grows unbounded as He proves Himself ever Faithful and True.  And Amen to that!
If God could ever be 'limited' by our capabilities, well...He wouldn't be God.
We would.  And in our hands, there is no hope.

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down
Yaddy

Yaddy

PostSubject: Re: measured faith or increase in faith   measured faith or increase in faith I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 2:19 pm

Thank you for that Dove!!
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: measured faith or increase in faith   measured faith or increase in faith I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 3:56 pm

it's strange maybe, I guess.  I get excited when there's opportunity to give God all the Glory.  I love you 

But, I said:  "If God could ever be 'limited' by our capabilities, well...He wouldn't be God."

Yet, there are limits, we know.  And they vary from person to person, from life stages, ages and experiences~circumstances, and from our expectations of what's possible, wherever we learned
to formulate those expectations.  

And we know we are limited by the physical condition and realm.  But it seems from Jesus' words,
we remain more limited than He intended for us.  And generally He attributed that to our disbelief.
So just to qualify that statement I made, the problem is not in what God has made available
to us, but in what we are able to accept.  IMHO.  I never mean to leave out humility through my exuberance... Smile
[I'm waiting on verses to come to mind. You should have verses!

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: measured faith or increase in faith   measured faith or increase in faith I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 6:59 pm

Pray for more faith, Yaddy. Every single day. The time is coming that we'll need all we have been given.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: measured faith or increase in faith   measured faith or increase in faith I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

measured faith or increase in faith
Page 1 of 1