Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Book of Sevens.. REVELATION

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The Book of Sevens.. REVELATION Empty
PostSubject: The Book of Sevens.. REVELATION   The Book of Sevens.. REVELATION I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 6:16 pm

For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone shall be seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.
Zechariah 3:9

http://www.biblewheel.com/Topics/SevenSeals.php
(please excuse me I lost the link to this first one below)
# John MacAuthur's Commentary on Revelation This link takes you off the Bible Wheel site and opens a new window

What is seven? Well you can go all the way back to the book of Genesis and find out. I'll just read it to you. Genesis 2:3, "God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made." If seven means nothing else, seven means it's over. Seven is the number of completion. Seven is the number of fullness. And all the sevens in this book tell me that this is the completion. That's why in 22, chapter 22 look at verses 18 and 19, "I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book, if anyone adds to them God shall add to him the plagues which are written in this book." Don't add to it. This is the book of sevens, this is the book of fullness, this is the end when God is finished.
MORE@LINK ABOVE

http://www.biblewheel.com/Topics/SevenSeals.php
http://www.biblewheel.com/Topics/RevSevens.jpg
The Book of Sevens.. REVELATION RevSevens

The Bible Sealed with Seven Seals

And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength. And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for ever-more, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Revelation 1:12ff

This brief review of the meaning of the Number Seven now brings us to the Capstone Book of the Holy Bible, sealed by God with the Seal of Seven. In perfect harmony with its plain and obvious symbolic meaning taught throughout His Word, God completed the Bible with a climaxing flourish of sevens seen nowhere else in all Scripture. Indeed, the Last Book is sometimes called the "Book of Sevens" because of its unique emphasis upon that number. The table shows many of its surface level appearances, but there also are subtle patterns of seven running throughout its text, such as the seven blessings given to the saints and sevenfold praise of the Lamb that was slain:

And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands; Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive 1) power, and 2) riches, and 3) wisdom, and 4) strength, and 5) honour, and 6) glory, and 7) blessing.

Revelation 5:11ff

The Book of Revelation seals the Bible on multiple levels; indeed, the word seal itself appears more in Revelation than any other Book with whole chapters devoted to the opening of the book sealed with seven seals and the revelation of the "seal of the living God" that sealed 144,000 of His servants. It is here in the Last Book that God simultaneously applied the Number Seven as the seal of the whole Bible even as He explicitly united its symbolic meaning – completion and perfection – with the idea of a seal in the image of His Word as a book sealed with seven seals (Rev 5:1). These ideas are, of course, naturally coherent and once again we witness Divine Wisdom in action; God compounding and compacting multiple symbols into a single blazing Sign of the Divine Perfection of His Holy Word, all the while teaching everything to us with simple examples any child could understand.

In precise analogy with the Cross, the Number Seven is actually a double seal upon the Bible. In the section called "Sealed with the Sign of the Cross" (Bible Wheel book, pg 37) it was noted that the Cross seals the Bible in two fundamental ways; once in the tri-radiant cruciform symmetry of the whole and again on Spoke 22 corresponding to the Last Letter Tav (Cross). Exactly the same duality appears in God’s application of the Number Seven.

http://www.biblewheel.com/SiteMap.php
Back to top Go down

The Book of Sevens.. REVELATION
Page 1 of 1