Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

NEWS BREAK: "Massive Explosion" 2 Buildings Destroyed

Go down 
AuthorMessage

NEWS BREAK: "Massive Explosion" 2 Buildings Destroyed  Empty
PostSubject: NEWS BREAK: "Massive Explosion" 2 Buildings Destroyed    NEWS BREAK: "Massive Explosion" 2 Buildings Destroyed  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 10:41 am

1 Dead, 20 Hurt, Others Missing as 2 Buildings Collapse After Report of Explosion in Manhattan: Sources

|  Wednesday, Mar 12, 2014  |  Updated 11:34 AM EDT

NEWS BREAK: "Massive Explosion" 2 Buildings Destroyed  Chopper+over+explosion1

Raw Video: Chopper
Over Explosion Scene

More Photos and Videos

One person is dead, 20 are hurt and others are missing after two buildings collapsed following an apparent explosion that rattled upper Manhattan and shattered windows with a blast that could be felt blocks away, sources say.

The two five-story buildings at the northwest corner of 116th Street and Park Avenue in Harlem collapsed around 9:30 a.m., sources tell NBC 4 New York. FDNY says 16 to 20 people are injured, and one woman has been killed.

City officials said the buildings are destroyed. The cause of the apparent explosion is not known, but Con Edison told NBC 4 New York a resident in a nearby building called the utility just before the explosion, reporting a strong smell of gas. 

Smoke billowed into Central Park and could be seen from miles away in midtown, and New Yorkers said they felt rumbles as far away as 150th Street. Closer to the collapse, groceries were knocked from store shelves and debris floated through the air. 

• WATCH LIVE: Chopper 4 Over the Scene
  • PHOTOS: Dramatic Images From the Collapse
  • LISTEN: Emergency Dispatch Audio After the Collapse

"I thought a train had exploded," said Marisa Aquino, who was at her apartment on 115th Street between Park and Lexington. "There are a ton of firefighters and a lot of smoke. Cops and first responders are everywhere."

Members of the Joint Terrorism Task Force responded to the scene out of an abundance of caution, authorities said.

Relatives of people who lived in the buildings were distraught at the scene.
"I want to know if my daughter is fine," said one woman. 

Metro-North service has been suspended out of Grand Central because of debris on tracks.

--Joe Valiquette contributed to this story

Published on Mar 12, 2014

At least 16 people injured many missing 1 deadhttp://www.paulbegleyprophecy.com alsohttp://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/...

Last edited by ColonelZ on Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

NEWS BREAK: "Massive Explosion" 2 Buildings Destroyed  Empty
PostSubject: Explosion Rocks Manhattan! Two 5-Story Buildings Collapse, 1 Kill   NEWS BREAK: "Massive Explosion" 2 Buildings Destroyed  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 10:43 am

Explosion Rocks Manhattan! Two 5-Story Buildings Collapse

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1