Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Endless War… Suicides, Shootings and Drug Cocktails. Posted by lamarzulli

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Endless War… Suicides, Shootings and Drug Cocktails. Posted by lamarzulli  Empty
PostSubject: Endless War… Suicides, Shootings and Drug Cocktails. Posted by lamarzulli    Endless War… Suicides, Shootings and Drug Cocktails. Posted by lamarzulli  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 10:18 am

Endless War… Suicides, Shootings and Drug Cocktails.

Posted by lamarzulli on April 4, 2014

Endless War… Suicides, Shootings and Drug Cocktails. Posted by lamarzulli  War

Commentary & Analysis
by
L. A. Marzulli

Fort Hood Shooter Ivan Lopez’s Chilling Facebook Post: ‘The Devil Will Take Me…Green Light And Finger Ready’

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2014/04/03/fort-hood-shooter-ivan-lopez-facebook-status-devil-will-take-megreen-light-and/?cmpid=cmty_twitter_fn

He was also on medication for his problems, including Ambien for a sleep disorder.

http://nypost.com/2014/04/03/fort-hood-shooter-sought-help-with-mental-issues/

How Can Government Battle a ‘Suicide Epidemic’ Among Veterans?

http://www.nationaljournal.com/defense/how-can-government-battle-a-suicide-epidemic-among-veterans-20140403

My father fought in WWII.  He was a Captain in the infantry.  He landed on the shores of France and fought his way through that country to the Battle of the Bulge, in Germany.  He received two Purple Hearts and the Bronze Star.  He never recovered from the war and if asked about it he would last less than five minutes before breaking into tears and running out of the room.  The war may have contributed to his Alzheimer’s.  He was 22 years old went he enlisted.  He was just a kid from Newark, New Jersey when he went to war, but when he returned he was, in fact, scarred forever.  There were no diagnosis of Post Tramatic Stress Disorder, no army shrinks to talk to, when he came back, nothing.  He stepped off the boat and was greeted by his father and for the rest of his life he carried the horrors of war in his mind and heart.  My mother said he used to have nightmares when he first came back, which lessened over time.

I recently talked to a man, who like my dad, enlisted but fought in Afghanistan three years ago.  He’s quiet and reserved, but he too has nightmares and when asked about his experience he shakes his head and tells me, it was a waste of time over there.

Another man I spoke with at a Christmas dinner two years ago, told a story of how artillery fire rained down on a village in Afghanistan and he saw a girl, perhaps 12 or 13 years old, run out of the village with no arms, because they had been blown off.  He broke down and cried at the table.

In our airports the military is glorified, as we hear recordings pointing the soldiers to the USO room and thanking and saluting them for their service.  Military personal go to the head of the line when boarding airplanes.  All of this reminds me of a Orwellian nightmare and yet the American people seem to be OK with it.

We have spent 13 years and counting fighting a war in Afghanistan and for what? 

To protect the one TRILLION dollar a year opium harvest?  To liberate the people there?  I thought Bush told us mission accomplished, when he landed a jet on the aircraft carrier.  During the Viet Nam war the casualties were reported on the nightly news, which, after some time began to affect the citizenry who then protested the war.  However, we don’t hear anything about the ongoing slaughter over there, it’s a media black out.

There is a scripture found in Isaiah 2:4:  They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore.

This will happen in the 1000 years of the reign of the Messiah, Jesus, when He returns.  It is a promise of a world which has no war, and tells us that men and women will not train for it.

According to the article I posted above, 22 young men and women veterans commit suicide every day.  This is an epidemic and in my opinion lets us know that the horrors of war are real and life changing.  Killing people is not a good thing.  Blowing up villages in Afghanistan is not a good thing.  800 + military bases world-wide is overkill.
In closing todays post:  I do believe in a strong military defense, as there are those who would attack us if they could.  Think the Japanese in WWII.  Think about Hitler marching into Poland and later France.  There are some wars which are just.

However, Viet Nam, and now Afghanistan seem to be wars that are fought for profit and to benefit the military industrial complex, which President Eisenhower warned us about as he left office.

There are no easy answers, but too many Christians are gun-ho when it comes to war.  Think about this:  There is a time for war and a time for peace.  Can we have a time of peace now?
Back to top Go down

Endless War… Suicides, Shootings and Drug Cocktails. Posted by lamarzulli
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: