Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Heaven Is For Real Movie (video trailer inside) Have you seen it or plan to?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
researcher
Admin
researcher

Heaven Is For Real Movie (video trailer inside) Have you seen it or plan to? Empty
PostSubject: Heaven Is For Real Movie (video trailer inside) Have you seen it or plan to?   Heaven Is For Real Movie (video trailer inside) Have you seen it or plan to? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 4:01 pm

Anybody gone to see it yet? If I understood what I was reading a bit earlier today this movie hit #3 at the theater box-office over the weekend. I didn't read the book this is based on but I'm thinking that I might just nab this movie when it hits DVD.

Back to top Go down

Heaven Is For Real Movie (video trailer inside) Have you seen it or plan to? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven Is For Real Movie (video trailer inside) Have you seen it or plan to?   Heaven Is For Real Movie (video trailer inside) Have you seen it or plan to? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 4:27 pm

Last edited by jem on Sun May 25, 2014 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yaddy

Yaddy

PostSubject: Re: Heaven Is For Real Movie (video trailer inside) Have you seen it or plan to?   Heaven Is For Real Movie (video trailer inside) Have you seen it or plan to? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 5:09 pm

I read the book...I do not agree with a lot of the things the little boy said he saw.
I also do not go and see movies like that as in my opinion, they are in it for the money, else they would have sold the books a lot cheaper and made the movie for free or something...others do!
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Heaven Is For Real Movie (video trailer inside) Have you seen it or plan to?   Heaven Is For Real Movie (video trailer inside) Have you seen it or plan to? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 6:38 pm

Yaddy wrote:
I read the book...I do not agree with a lot of the things the little boy said he saw.
I also do not go and see movies like that as in my opinion, they are in it for the money, else they would have sold the books a lot cheaper and made the movie for free or something...others do!

Bummer. I keep hoping something good for the people will come along...
This one still might be better than "Noah".

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Heaven Is For Real Movie (video trailer inside) Have you seen it or plan to?   Heaven Is For Real Movie (video trailer inside) Have you seen it or plan to? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 6:59 pm

Dove wrote:
This one still might be better than "Noah"

That won't be too hard to do.  lol!   praise GOD
Back to top Go down
moko

PostSubject: Re: Heaven Is For Real Movie (video trailer inside) Have you seen it or plan to?   Heaven Is For Real Movie (video trailer inside) Have you seen it or plan to? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 9:02 pm

I think it might be good....and come on guys....they have to make some money,should they just spend millions to make a movie,and then tell the theaters to work for free for us to watch it
Back to top Go down
Yaddy

Yaddy

PostSubject: Re: Heaven Is For Real Movie (video trailer inside) Have you seen it or plan to?   Heaven Is For Real Movie (video trailer inside) Have you seen it or plan to? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 10:38 pm

It wasn't "guys" it was me..yaddy who said that.....and it would be better than Noah, for sure, but that doesn't take much doing as researcher said!  Very Happy  bounce
Back to top Go down
Yaddy

Yaddy

PostSubject: Re: Heaven Is For Real Movie (video trailer inside) Have you seen it or plan to?   Heaven Is For Real Movie (video trailer inside) Have you seen it or plan to? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 4:32 am

I just listened to an interview by the boy...and these are some of the things he said...
"He’s asked how much he remembers of his trip to heaven....it happened when he was 4 he is now 11 Answer...”I remember most of it but as time goes by you forget....(done 2012) so...he’s forgotten a lot....would you ever forget...if you had actually been to heaven.....?
a few days ago ( he’s 14 now) he was asked again.....” Well, my hospital stay and the events leading up to it..that’s a little foggy, but my experience in heaven is very vivid.. “ heaven he remembers very vivid now, but 2 years ago he did not remember....
I had an experience when I was 4,,,I can remember it.....and it wasn’t going to heaven....but I remember!
He went to heaven....and it was foggy???
Question he was asked... just what did happen? he answered....”well I got really sick...had to go to emergency surgery....during that surgery I had a trip to heaven..."
(no passion no excitement....no overwhelming....I mean he is so casual,,,, no life....no nothing)
interview continues....
 “Heaven is such an amazing place ( still no excitement, just a dull voice....) In the book he says he was scared..... (why would he be scared in heaven....)
he describes Jesus as a humanoid!
He can’t remember what they talked about????? He said he walked and talked with Jesus ....Jesus taught him things.....but God has not allowed him to remember what Jesus taught him. See if you can find the youtube of the same interview, heck if I had a trip to heaven and I was allowed to talk about it...( remember the Apostle Paul was NOT allowed to talk about it)I'd be jumping out of my skin with excitement
(so why did Jesus teach him anything if he was not allowed to remember it?)
enough already!
Just my 2 cents worth

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven Is For Real Movie (video trailer inside) Have you seen it or plan to?   Heaven Is For Real Movie (video trailer inside) Have you seen it or plan to? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 8:35 am

Last edited by jem on Sun May 25, 2014 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven Is For Real Movie (video trailer inside) Have you seen it or plan to?   Heaven Is For Real Movie (video trailer inside) Have you seen it or plan to? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 10:52 am

*... i have the tape and the book (...somewhere).  i just saw the movie yesterday.  it's pretty much a 'secularized', Hollywood attempt to make the whole affair a suitably palatable event.  the movie is long and moves slowly, but, as a movie goes, it ain't half bad.  i watched it w/my wife.  she was moved emotionally, and i even had to scratch back a tear or two.  i had a great big tub of refillable popcorn, and got in for the senior citizen discount.  so, you have to keep it in that perspective.  we should not base our theology, experiential or otherwise, on some [supposed] near death experience, especially a highly popularized one at that.  did the kid really go to heaven, who knows?  stranger things have happened... go see the movie.  if nothing else, it supports a better class of motion picture than most of the crap being promulgated by Hollywood these days.  give me a good-'ol Humphrey Bogart movie any day.  oh well...   Cool
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Heaven Is For Real Movie (video trailer inside) Have you seen it or plan to?   Heaven Is For Real Movie (video trailer inside) Have you seen it or plan to? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 11:44 am

Tetra wrote:
did the kid really go to heaven, who knows?  stranger things have happened... go see the movie.  if nothing else, it supports a better class of motion picture than most of the crap being promulgated by Hollywood these days.

That's exactly my thoughts on the subject as well. And it's with that reasoning that I started this thread. I haven't walked out after a movie feeling really good since I saw the  movie "Dave" back in the 90's. Get Dave if you haven't seen it.

Heaven Is For Real Movie (video trailer inside) Have you seen it or plan to? Dave
Back to top Go down
onlyoneimage

PostSubject: Re: Heaven Is For Real Movie (video trailer inside) Have you seen it or plan to?   Heaven Is For Real Movie (video trailer inside) Have you seen it or plan to? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 12:18 pm

I've read the book 3 times. The first time hooked me emotionally. One I was able to put my discernment glasses on.....I easily realized that the experience colton had, was NOT biblical in any way. He may have experienced something, but it was definitely NOT a trip to heaven. He was under anesthetic at the time, and may have had a drug induced dream. Some people question whether he made it all up. I really don't care one way or another, but my feeling is that he didn't make it up.....it's just that he has been deceived.

The worst part though, is that his experience is much like any other supposed experience outside of scriptures. It departs dramatically from sound theology, and the Jesus presented is not the Jesus of the bible. It is a new age Jesus that is not "required" to go to heaven. One of the more startling issues is that he agrees with a girl named Akiane, who says she has been to heaven many times...and met Jesus, and that Jesus told her to make paintings of him. Of course this would seem to confirm Colton's story, since he says her paintings are what Jesus actually looks like. Until you consider that we are forbidden from making an image of Him, and that Akiane doesn't believe that Jesus is the only way to heaven. She says we have to find our own way. This is a new age demonic deception.
Back to top Go down
onlyoneimage

PostSubject: Re: Heaven Is For Real Movie (video trailer inside) Have you seen it or plan to?   Heaven Is For Real Movie (video trailer inside) Have you seen it or plan to? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 12:19 pm

researcher,

I love "Dave". Great movie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heaven Is For Real Movie (video trailer inside) Have you seen it or plan to?   Heaven Is For Real Movie (video trailer inside) Have you seen it or plan to? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heaven Is For Real Movie (video trailer inside) Have you seen it or plan to?
Page 1 of 1