Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

This week on 'The Hal Lindsey Report'

Go down 
AuthorMessage

This week on 'The Hal Lindsey Report' Empty
PostSubject: This week on 'The Hal Lindsey Report'   This week on 'The Hal Lindsey Report' I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 10:11 am

"Misogyny" is the fancy word for "hatred of women." "Misandry" means "hatred of men." Even though we rarely, if ever, hear that word, we often see it in action. 

Pundits have been quick to proclaim Elliot Rodger, the deceased and alleged Santa Barbara shooter, misogynistic. And they're probably right. However, some of them, such as Ann Hornaday of The Washington Post are expressing their own 'misandry' in their criticisms. 

In fact, Ms. Hornaday blamed Rodger's spree on the "escapist fantasies" created by the "white men" who control Hollywood. So, she thinks the answer to Rodger's (and others') extreme sexism is more sexism with some racism thrown in for good measure. And these are the people who inform public opinion in America! 

But media-types aren't the only ones who appear confused about these things. For political reasons, Washington has been abuzz in recent months about something called, "The War on Women." They're not fooling anyone, though. When they use that phrase, politicians are usually referring to any effort to restrict abortion in any way. 

Ironically, though, when it comes to actual violence against women, nothing else comes close to the violence involved in abortion. It rips apart both boys and girls, but millions more girls than boys. 

Across the world, statistics suggest that substantially more female babies are aborted than male babies. Aborting on the basis of gender selection is illegal in many nations, but it happens anyway. Ironically, the practice is illegal in India, so many affluent Indians travel to California to have it done. Last month, the California Assembly defeated a measure that would outlaw abortion based on the baby's gender. 

Folks, sometimes as I prepare stories for this television program, I am infuriated by what I see happening in our nation and the world. Other times, I am almost moved to tears of despair. We are witnessing an explosion of evil that is devastating our children, our families, and our nation. That's the sad part. The part that makes my blood boil is the fact that this evil agenda is being enabled -- and often perpetrated -- by the leaders of our society, including our government, our educators, our entertainers, and others in positions of responsibility. 

This week, I'm going to discuss "The War on Girls," "Islam's War on Girls," "The War on Boys," and "The War on Gender." I'm especially sensitive to this issue because I have daughters of my own. When I consider the fact that the war on girls starts with feminism's proudest accomplishment -- abortion on demand -- I realize how messed up our culture is. 

Then I have to take a step back and remind myself that this is exactly what the Bible warned us about: the incredible evil and danger of the last days. And it's the only result we can expect when our nation turns its back on God and pursues the destructive and deadly agenda of Satan. 

But knowing that doesn't make it any easier to accept. 

The truth is that we are in the fight of our collective lives. Satan is waging all-out war on the divine institutions that are the pillars of any healthy society. If he succeeds in destroying our reverence for life, the sacred structure of marriage, and the foundation of every society that has ever existed, the family, then America will totally collapse into chaos and then oblivion. 

And Satan is working furiously to do just that. 

Don't miss this week's Report on TBN, Daystar, CPM Network, The Word Network, various local stations, www.hallindsey.com or www.hischannel.com. Check your local listings. 

A final thought: As we commemorate the 70th anniversary of the D-Day invasion of Normandy, please take a few moments to thank God for the unbelievable sacrifices those thousands of men were willing to make to secure freedom for the oppressed of Europe and protect the liberty of our homeland. The sheer courage of those men is awe-inspiring. The anguish endured by their families is humbling. 

Thirty years ago on this day, President Ronald Reagan stood on the cliffs of Normandy and spoke these words: 

"Something else helped the men of D-day: their rock hard belief that Providence would have a great hand in the events that would unfold here; that God was an ally in this great cause. And so, the night before the invasion, when Colonel Wolverton asked his parachute troops to kneel with him in prayer, he told them: 'Do not bow your heads, but look up so you can see God and ask His blessing in what we're about to do.' Also that night, General Matthew Ridgway on his cot, listening in the darkness for the promise God made to Joshua: 'I will not fail thee nor forsake thee.' 

"Here, in this place where the West held together, let us make a vow to our dead. Let us show them by our actions that we understand what they died for. Let our actions say to them the words for which Matthew Ridgway listened: 'I will not fail thee nor forsake thee.' "Strengthened by their courage, heartened by their [valor], and borne by their memory, let us continue to stand for the ideals for which they lived and died." 

As the men of D-Day did not fail to uphold the ideals of the American promise, may we not fail to uphold the ideals of the men of D-Day. 

God bless those who gave their all and those who were willing to do so.

Hal Lindsey
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: