Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

IRAQ = SPIRALING OUT OF CONTROL!!!!... U.S. MAY GO BACK OR DROP THINGS!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

IRAQ = SPIRALING OUT OF CONTROL!!!!... U.S. MAY GO BACK OR DROP THINGS!!! Empty
PostSubject: IRAQ = SPIRALING OUT OF CONTROL!!!!... U.S. MAY GO BACK OR DROP THINGS!!!   IRAQ = SPIRALING OUT OF CONTROL!!!!... U.S. MAY GO BACK OR DROP THINGS!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 5:29 pm

http://www.blacklistednews.com/ISIS_Looming_Iraq_Victory_is_Fruit_of_Decade_of_Failed_U.S._Policy/35908/0/38/38/Y/M.html

[size=33]ISIS LOOMING IRAQ VICTORY IS FRUIT OF DECADE OF FAILED U.S. POLICY[/size]

June 13, 2014
Share It | Print This

SOURCE: RICHARD SILVERSTEIN

IRAQ = SPIRALING OUT OF CONTROL!!!!... U.S. MAY GO BACK OR DROP THINGS!!! Nytm-061014-isis-videoSixteenByNine600

ISIS fighters on the march (Yaser al Khodor/Reuters)
The shocking blitzkrieg of ISIS forces through Iraq, which finds them only 70 miles from the capital, Bagdhad, is the end-result of twelve years of failure of U.S. Middle East policy.  It all began with George Bush’s burst of irrational exuberance after 9/11, when he and Dick Cheney decided they were going to take advantage of the lemon offered them and make lemonade. So they invaded Afghanistan and toppled the Taliban.  Then the invaded Iraq and toppled Saddam.  ‘Bring it on’–remember that?  They were sittin’ on top of the world.  ‘Mission Accomplished’ and all that.
I hate to say I told you so, but there were many of us who knew this couldn’t work.  It was only a question of how it would go to pieces and how long that would take.  I don’t know what will happen in the current disastrous situation.  I don’t know if ISIS will be stopped or whether it will take over all of Sunni Iraq and declare its trans-national Islamic state in Syria and Iraq.  I don’t know if the U.S. will intervene to stop the Islamist offensive; or if Iran will intervene to protect the Iraqi Shiites.
But whatever happens, it proves that the Bush-Cheney policy of muscular interventionism was a house of cards built on faulty premises of U.S. omnipotence and infallibility.  Though I have little good to say about Barack Obama, who’s continued the former president’s counter-terror policies in far too many ways–I don’t envy Obama.  What choices does he have?  Stay out of a war he never wanted and watch as the region falls into Islamic sectarian madness?  Get sucked back into a war he never wanted?  And to what effect?  More U.S. boys killed in a war we thought we’d left behind?
The ISIS offensive proves our policy of building an Iraqi military deterrent was an abject failure.  Iraq’s military can no more defend its country than the Dutchman’s finger can stop the powers of the sea from overflowing the dike.  The Iraqi government is corrupt and hopelessly divided along ethnic lines.  Dysfunction doesn’t even begin to describe it.  And this is the quagmire Bush got us into.
READ MORE...

http://www.blacklistednews.com/Oops:_Iraqi_rebels_may_have_captured_US_military_equipment/35909/0/38/38/Y/M.html

[size=33]OOPS: IRAQI REBELS MAY HAVE CAPTURED US MILITARY EQUIPMENT[/size]

SOURCE: THE HILL
The Pentagon Thursday said Islamic militants in Iraq might have captured U.S. equipment and vehicles as an al-Qaeda linked group advanced toward Baghdad.
Members of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), which has seized control of two major cities, have been posting pictures on Twitter, claiming to have taken equipment given or sold by the U.S. to the Iraqi army.
A defense official said claims the group had captured a U.S. Army Blackhawk helicopter were wrong, but that Humvees and armored vehicles might have fallen into the militants’ hands.
“I don’t have any indication that the reports of them getting Humvees from Mosul are false,” said the official.
FULL ARTICLE HERE
Back to top Go down

IRAQ = SPIRALING OUT OF CONTROL!!!!... U.S. MAY GO BACK OR DROP THINGS!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: