Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My "Tale of Two Rocks" or Hurts when sneezing.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

My "Tale of Two Rocks" or Hurts when sneezing. Empty
PostSubject: My "Tale of Two Rocks" or Hurts when sneezing.   My "Tale of Two Rocks" or Hurts when sneezing. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 3:35 pm

Early morning trip to river:

Even when one watches where they guide their tires on a dirt (trail) bike things can get goofy.

You know, round rocks roll and even some in place can dislodge which is in my case what happened that fateful day... last Thursday.

Went riding down one of our favorite rough trails with my son Nathan.

Almost down to the river, we come around one of the hairy switchbacks and spy a 4x4 Ranger over the side... bumper almost to trail having been winched back up from the Cedar tree it kissed and crushed it's roof.
Cable all over the trail, broken and frayed. It's tough to pull something heavy up a 45 degree bank!

Quick look spots a scratched quote into the tailgate via local rock " you drunk or just stupid" followed by I think 6 bullet holes.

So we decide to come stop on the way back up to check out the heap later.

Down to the river.

Trail was very rough after the heavy rain of winter chem trails.

Spent time at the river... time to go back up. Nate says go ahead pops while I fix my camera on his helmet.
I start off up the steep trail at the bottom.... I get up close to the truck where those two pesky rocks laying in wait.... hit one with the front tire and it gets kicked to the left.... trying to correct and not a split second passes, the tire hits the second and rolls to the left and before I could hit brakes or any other action I was going over the 1 ft burm of the bank......................... all I saw was the door window opening and mirror of the driver side of the truck before eyes went shut!
Yup! There I lay down near the front with bike handlebars down hill and gas leaking.

I hear Nathan coming, stand up cause I know he can't see me.... waving hand up high gets his attention... thank God he didn't decide to go to our truck being I wasn't on the trail ahead!!!

I picked up my bike, (make it short here) 45 min. later we have it rolled up to edge of burm.... (only 15 ft.) very tough hill side with pine needles and loose dirt.
We were exhausted, turning both wheels by hand in less than 1/8 turns with bad footing and moving slowly at an angle to the trail it was done. I stood on the rear rim while Nate grabbed the rim.. we both pulled / dragged back up onto the trail.
Oh man, toughest recovery ever!!!

We saw rock #1 but at the time I couldn't figure this one out.
Later in the movie you could see the other dislodged rock which explained it all.

What luck, that truck prevented me from going down a ravine about another 50 ft. nothing to stop me. Whew.

Coming back to our truck (another 30 min. out of the canyon) Nate almost runs over a Rattler!

At the truck he dares to ask if I had a good day.... uh... I don't know... my accident kinda cancelled the rest out.

Back at home we play the video back, it was more fun than the trip what with all the aching. The two stars of the movie... that got rewound and replayed several times.. were the two rocks, you could see them close together... just before Nate turned the camera off to help me.

Oh... by Sat. I'm going uh these knees are pretty bruised up and a few scrapes on my left shin... and chest is still sore..... OOPS 2 broken ribs, one under arm pit, one near sternum... I sit here taking it easy trying not to cough too much or sneeze and don't raise that left arm to put shirts on or off.

Sticking to atv for a while and considering a chest protector for trails.

Gotta go back sometime later to see where I hit the truck.

We're still trying to figure how it ended up off the trail... and they should be thankful that that lone tree was where it was!!

fini

Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: My "Tale of Two Rocks" or Hurts when sneezing.   My "Tale of Two Rocks" or Hurts when sneezing. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 4:20 pm

Spring wrote:

What a  affraid  title. Before I clicked this open I was thinking along the lines of "turn your head and cough". You guys know what I'm sayin'. You gals - - -  ask a guy about a hernia exam if you don't understand.
Back to top Go down
Kitiara

Kitiara

PostSubject: Re: My "Tale of Two Rocks" or Hurts when sneezing.   My "Tale of Two Rocks" or Hurts when sneezing. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 5:07 pm

Hope you recover quickly, Spring!
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: My "Tale of Two Rocks" or Hurts when sneezing.   My "Tale of Two Rocks" or Hurts when sneezing. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 7:05 am

Of spring! What a close call! Thank the Lord you're ok ish. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: My "Tale of Two Rocks" or Hurts when sneezing.   My "Tale of Two Rocks" or Hurts when sneezing. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 11:27 am

Good grief, what an ordeal!  You're lucky despite it all, sounds like.  But I don't know as I'd
recommend going back to that trail anytime soon.  The snake might be the ultimate 'tell' on that one, as to the present condition of the area.   affraid  hide  As in, "There's your sign."
Prayers for a speedy and non-challenging recovery for you, Spring.  How's your back?

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My "Tale of Two Rocks" or Hurts when sneezing.   My "Tale of Two Rocks" or Hurts when sneezing. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 6:52 pm

researcher... man that never entered my mind when typing.

dove... back is fine.

I was taking some Acetaminophen to take care of stiffness and back ache which the ache is normal for me. So I didn't really get that I had done damage to ribs until Saturday when they were still jabbing me, then I realized I wasn't just sore. Little poison oak also on a scrape but that is done now... scrubbed it good after I got home.
I'm not sure if I hit the left handlebar or the mirror on the truck when I hit, good thing it was there... prevented me from going much farther + Nate would not have seen me at all if that vehicle was not present.

It was just crazy to just happen where the truck was, could not believe it as I went over.

I'll see if Nate can capture a few stills from the camera video for show and tell or as the old magazine for dirt biking was called "crash and burn" pics.

The snake is in the movie also but I didn't see it, as he was in front on the way home.

Only thing that bothers me a lot is hiccups.
Dave
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: My "Tale of Two Rocks" or Hurts when sneezing.   My "Tale of Two Rocks" or Hurts when sneezing. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 7:03 pm

Oooh,ooh.  I can imagine.  I can send along some articles on natural pain relief supplements.
Magnesium oil, and epsom salts soaks if you don't have any magnesium chloride on hand to make
the oil.   There are others I've filed just recently.

I can PM them to you, or put them here if you prefer.  It might take me a few days.

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My "Tale of Two Rocks" or Hurts when sneezing.   My "Tale of Two Rocks" or Hurts when sneezing. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: