Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Mysterious Sound Is Driving People Insane — And Nobody Knows What's Causing It

Go down 
AuthorMessage

A Mysterious Sound Is Driving People Insane — And Nobody Knows What's Causing It  Empty
PostSubject: A Mysterious Sound Is Driving People Insane — And Nobody Knows What's Causing It    A Mysterious Sound Is Driving People Insane — And Nobody Knows What's Causing It  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2014 7:45 am

A Mysterious Sound Is Driving People Insane — And Nobody Knows What's Causing It 

A Mysterious Sound Is Driving People Insane — And Nobody Knows What's Causing It  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbAvMrE9dsz46Sy0D0NvCm4mAJozmNIlzQUIOmFEJNsbAPilWl

Exasperated, MacPherson turned his focus to scientific literature and pored over reports of the mysterious noise before coming across an article by University of Oklahoma geophysicist David Deming in the Journal of Scientific Exploration, a peer-reviewed academic journal devoted to exploring topics outside of mainstream science. "I almost dropped my laptop," says MacPherson. "I was sure that I was hearing the Hum." "The Hum" refers to a mysterious sound heard in places around the world by a small fraction of a local population. It's characterized by a persistent and invasive low-frequency rumbling or droning noise often accompanied by vibrations. While reports of "unidentified humming sounds" pop up in scientific literature dating back to the 1830s, modern manifestations of the contemporary hum have been widely reported by national media in the United Kingdom, the United States and Australia since...
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1