Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fukushima Reactor 3 Moderated Criticality Caused Hydrogen Explosion, yes you read right, who?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Fukushima Reactor 3 Moderated Criticality Caused Hydrogen Explosion, yes you read right, who? Empty
PostSubject: Fukushima Reactor 3 Moderated Criticality Caused Hydrogen Explosion, yes you read right, who?   Fukushima Reactor 3 Moderated Criticality Caused Hydrogen Explosion, yes you read right, who? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 8:43 pm

Another article mentioned large security cameras? put in place weeks before... were they cameras? or something else???

Symposium Q&A: Explosion at Fukushima Unit 3 drove nuclear fuel out of storage pool — Scattered up to 2 miles away (VIDEO)

Published: March 27th, 2013 at 4:45 pm ET
By ENENews
Email Article Email Article
8 comments Tweet

Source: The Medical and Ecological Consequences of the Fukushima Nuclear Accident, Day 1
Author: The Helen Caldicott Foundation
Date Presented: March 11, 2013

Questions & Answers

Arnie Gundersen, Fairewinds Energy Education: Unit 3 started as a hydrogen explosion – I am in the minority, but I think it’s more than a hydrogen explosion.

I actually think it was something called a prompt moderated criticality that was caused by a hydrogen explosion, which then drove the fuel and scattered particles of fuel for as far as two miles from the fuel pool. […]

The important thing though is that it was a detonation. How it was created is less important than the fact that it was a detonation shockwave and no containment can withstand that.
See also: NRC: There's got to be fission products or pellets in parking lot outside Fukushima plant

http://enenews.com/symposium-qa-explosion-unit-3-drove-nuclear-fuel-pool-scattered-particles-miles-away-video

Full Q&A session here

Published: March 27th, 2013 at 4:45 pm ET
By ENENews

Related Posts

1. Gundersen’s Kansai Presentation: Pellets of nuclear fuel were scattered around Fukushima site — Pieces, not atoms, but pieces — Hydrogen will not create explosion seen at Unit No. 3 (VIDEO) May 13, 2012
Back to top Go down

Fukushima Reactor 3 Moderated Criticality Caused Hydrogen Explosion, yes you read right, who?
Page 1 of 1