Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Iraq’s Christians See Putin As Their Savior, America As Judas

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Iraq’s Christians See Putin As Their Savior, America As Judas Empty
PostSubject: Iraq’s Christians See Putin As Their Savior, America As Judas   Iraq’s Christians See Putin As Their Savior, America As Judas I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 8:06 am

Iraq’s Christians See Putin As Their Savior, America As Judas PutinSavior

Reeling from regional developments and disillusioned with the West, some Iraqi Christians are looking to Russia for support. After a decade of church bombings, targeted killings, and anti-Christian workplace discrimination, Ramy Youssef has finally tired of Iraq’s halting progress and is intent on emigrating. “I don’t want to leave. I don’t want these terrorists to do what no one’s ever done before: push Assyrians out of our historic homeland, but I can’t work like this,” said the fresh-faced IT technician, his voice rising, as he sipped tea in his cousin’s Erbil liquor store a month after death threats forced him to abandon his business in Baghdad. “This is America’s fault.  It’s the Muslims who are killing us, but this never would have happened if the West hadn’t turned our lives upside down,” he fumed. “Maybe we’ll be able to return one day if we have proper allies.” Enter Putin stage right.
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1