Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Understanding the real battle~

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

Understanding the real battle~ Empty
PostSubject: Understanding the real battle~   Understanding the real battle~ I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 10:12 am

This is a follow-up to 'why not' post, and is about the activity of faith, and how
we might have it, and have it produce the results told of in the Bible.

Our faith is in the unseen realm of Spirit, which we understand to be the
True Cause of All that has been created. 

We were created to walk in the company and fellowship of God, for His enjoyment and ours, till the "I will" entered in through temptation, and man rebelled.

The second Adam, Jesus, has reconciled us to God through forgiveness of sin.
He destroyed the barrier of sin that kept us apart. 
Our relationship is restored.   Or is it?

If the fall from Grace was the result of rebellion, of the "I will" usurping the Will of God, then we must be changed from our fallen nature, and conformed to the image and likeness of Jesus the Christ. (Bible)

And we make the mistake.  The same one said in the beginning, I will do this for
you, Lord.  I will clean myself up, be a better person, walk in your Ordinances.
A myriad of things we think to do to please God.
And God's answer is always, "You cannot". I alone can.  I alone am Holy.

If the problem was rebellion, what is it's antithesis?  http://thesaurus.com/browse/rebellious

The thesaurus only gives a short list.  Maybe it's pretty cut and dried. ie: no wiggle room.   They list:

happy
obedient
compliant
governable
manageable

A Bermudian preacher, Myles Munroe, 'saw' something we don't easily grasp regarding the Government of God and His Kingdom.  Whereas we 'suppose'
to be living under a government 'of, by, for the people (a collective 'I WILL'), Bermuda is under the Monarchy of the Crown, where the allegiance goes to
and the rules come from the Throne.

~~taking a break~~

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down
newlyborninchrist

PostSubject: Re: Understanding the real battle~   Understanding the real battle~ I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 10:18 am

Yes! Absolutely true. We are Kings and Priests unto our God. We are ambassadors of the Kingdom of Heaven. We have the Greater One living on the inside of us and walking with us everyday. Faith without works is dead. We have to walk this out trusting that He is backing us by His power as we remain in His will.
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Understanding the real battle~   Understanding the real battle~ I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 11:59 am

Thanks for coming aboard, Newlyborn. Very Happy  Now, to get out of the boat! heehee, because we can
learn a whole lot about the true nature of reality and Jesus' Overcoming Power by walking on water.
As Jesus said, are His miracles any more miraculous than for Him to say 'your sins are forgiven'?  Yet, we take our forgiveness wholly by faith.  Only after, do we see 'evidence'; and the evidence is the Fruit and Gifts of the Spirit.

http://www.characterbuildingforfamilies.com/names.html
Every couple years I post this link.  It lifts me 10 feet off the ground every time I look at it!
Read the Names of God, the descriptions He gave to I AM, and to The Son.
He hasn't left out any good thing!  He Himself is the EMBODIMENT of every Good Thing.
He has said in His Word, I AM all these things towards you.
NEVER:   I will make you sufficient unto yourselves. 
ALWAYS: Look to Me, come to Me, rely on Me, trust Me,  ask Me...whatsoever you will.  You have a 'will' in a matter?  Bring it to Him first and foremost.

SO, whatever we need, we have it by our being 'united' with Him; meaning abiding in Him and He in us.

~break~

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Understanding the real battle~   Understanding the real battle~ I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 8:30 am

We who are born again into the Kingdom of God have two great enemies: fear and unbelief.
These inhibit the flow of blessings and promises.  They also tempt us to think to
hang on to control over our lives, rather than surrender to God.
That's absurd, really.  What could we possibly do better than God can do?

The Blessings and the Promises are not given on an arbitrary basis from heaven, from God's Kingdom. (though He can give to whomever. He owns His own
discretion, of course.)
To us, they are part of the contract-the Covenant God made with man at the Cross.
They are part of God's Immutable Law which says "if you do these certain things, you will find these things ( treasures) laid up for you.'

So, where are they?  In the Kingdom...which is...within you. Everything comes
from within, because that's where God's Holy Spirit is.."Indwelling", living
within you.  To go to the Throne, you must go in.  To see Jesus, you must go in.
To be changed, given a new heart and a new mind, you must go in, to benefit
of the Promises, you must go in. To have the "God kind" of unwavering faith, you must go in.

As you enter in early each morning, exercising the indescribable privilege of
coming to the Throne,  the Spirit conforms you into a "Fit vessel", a cleansed
temple, which He can inhabit.
And THEN, Truth dawns.  "It is no longer I who lives, but He who lives in me."

WE give our life over to God, and HE does the thing, whatever it might be.
AND AT THIS OBEDIENCE, ALL BLESSINGS FLOW !

How valuable are you to Him?  WE are the Body of Christ.  We are the conduit,
the vessel by which God walks the earth again!!!  until such time as He cleanses
the whole world of evil and Jesus returns.
If you have realized you cannot save your life,  that you need to give your life
over to God by the Spirit to do AS HE WILLS, then you KNOW you won't go
anywhere till He takes you from the earth.  So, what shall we fear?
And you will KNOW the Kingdom so intimately that it is already 'your home'.

The churches 'out there' advocate finding your purpose and destiny.
Can you think of anything Higher or Mightier than this?   "Purpose" glorifies
the person, not God.
Obedience is not hard when we remember it is He Himself who does the thing.
And do we really not think He's capable of holding our flesh on our bones?

There is no fear, no doubt, no unbelief in God!  By His Spirit with you, is
every Promise fulfilled.

You can see why Jesus was just incredulous at times at how the disciples
just didn't grasp it.  He's standing right beside us, too.
Praise God, His Mercies are so vast.

When the Presence of God's Spirit is indeed Lord and Master over our lives,
the Fullness of Joy, of Love, of Peace is ours.

John 15:
If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.
12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Understanding the real battle~   Understanding the real battle~ I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 12:36 pm

Here's a word for today.  Boldness all over this.

Listening to Bill brings about the 'flip' of seeing as the Spirit sees; walking as the Spirit deems,
living from the Kingdom, where all things are fulfilled. [rather than 'trying' to live up to it from within our humanness.]

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Understanding the real battle~   Understanding the real battle~ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Understanding the real battle~
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: