HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Modern Israel: An Impostor?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ColonelZ
Super Elite
ColonelZ

Modern Israel: An Impostor? Empty
PostSubject: Modern Israel: An Impostor?   Modern Israel: An Impostor? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 2:29 pm

Israel - Middle East 
Friday, August 22, 2014 
Alf Cengia 

On Monday morning (as is usual for me) I was staring at my laptop screen, contemplating what to write about. I was toying with an idea based on an experience I'd had the previous week. As I was chewing it over, I heard my wife complaining that another of her Christian-themed emails was summarily relegated to her Google Spam Folder.

The missing email was from the Christian Coalition of America (CCA) and the article's heading was Taking Israel Out of the Bible. One doesn't need to spend time discussing Google spam conspiracy theories when faced with ready examples of the phenomenon of excising Israel.

So that settled it for me. I took it as a sign to proceed.

The CCA article discussed the denial of modern Israel's prophetic relevance, hermeneutics and Replacement Theology. It was a decent summary of the situation found among non-premillennial proponents within the church.

This is something that we've been accustomed to seeing from preterists, postmillennialists and amillennialists. But what can we say about Neo-Premillennialists who deny modern Israel's prophetic and/or secular legitimacy? I've seen a troubling trend in this direction.

Craig Blomberg once prepared a talk alleging that dispensationalism inappropriately privileges Israel. Blomberg insisted that Christ's second coming was not contingent to Israel's presence in the land. He commended Gary Burge's efforts in chiding Israel's oppression the Palestinians. Yet Blomberg failed to provide evidence of this oppression, or make a biblical case for his assertions.
He's not alone.

Last week I exchanged brief words with another man who is well-known and influential in some prophecy circles. I came across him around 2008 and (with reservations) found some of his ideas interesting. I was advised that we shouldn't be smug in our personal understanding. Our goal should be humility as there are so many ideas out there. I agree.

But here's the Big Red Flag.

His hermeneutical methodology is to go deeper, beyond the literal interpretation of the dispensationalism he was raised on. Apparently a literal reading of prophecy (especially OT)actually disguises the truth and contributes to eschatological confusion. Sound familiar? It does to me!

It's like having your own Magic Bible Decoder Ring. Plug in a result you want to find in a verse and the Magic Ring will decode it for you....however way you prefer.

That's how so-called New Age teachers reinterpret Scripture. They begin with a presupposition which departs from the plain-sense meaning, and then look for hidden cluessupporting it. We are admonished to challenge such a methodology (Acts 17:11) and take OT prophetic texts literally (Luke 24:25-27).

On his website, this fellow insists that the church is the continuation of Israel. It is understood that God made a New Covenant (NC) with Israel (Jer 31:31); therefore he argues the church must be the "true Israel" in order to benefit from the NC. Zechariah 2:11 is cited as proof that many Gentiles will become Israelites. Yet he reads into the text what he presumes true.

As Paul Henebury points out, the reason the church isn't mentioned in Jeremiah is because it was still a mystery. There is no biblical warrant to assume the land promises made to Israel under the NC are automatically transferable to the church, or that Gentiles must become Israelites to benefit from the NC.

Zech 8:23 tells us that Gentiles will grab hold of a Jewish man saying, "Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you." Isaiah 19:25 states in that day God will say, "Blessed is Egypt My people, and Assyria the work of My hands, and Israel My inheritance." There is no incorporation of Egypt and Assyria into Israel as Israelites. They are distinct to Israel, yet still God's people.

This person questions whether we (the U.S.) should give "these Jews weapons" and support their violence against the former inhabitants of the land. He questions the Jewish claim to the land given that they have been apostate and ethically "out of covenant with God", since they "claimed" to be a nation in 1948.

Can you see where this is heading? Israel has no right of defense because it is the oppressive, unethical new-kid-on-the-block.

In this contradictory narrative, Israel is an illegitimate state, even if certain prophecies need to be fulfilled by it today. But any prophecies fulfilled are negative.

For example, there must be some Jewish presence because a Jewish Temple must be rebuilt in order for the Antichrist to enact the Abomination of Desolation.
He's sure of that because he's studied it. One wonders how he could be certain since his scheme has the literal interpretation ostensibly disguising the truth.

Yet Israel's right to the land is unconditional and eternal (Jeremiah 7:7; 25:5; 31:31-37 andAmos 9:14-15). It is the enjoyment of it which is conditional. In Leviticus 26:27-33, God warned Israel that the consequences of disobedience would be discipline (see also Deut 4:40). They would be scattered among the nations.

However, in Leviticus 26:44-45, God said He would not reject them and would remember His covenant with them. God has not cast off His people whom He foreknew (Rom 11:1-2) because the gifts and calling of God are irrevocable (Rom 11:28-29).

Scripture demands an end-time presence of Israel in the land. God promised to return the Jewish people in unbelief in order to purify them (Ezekiel 20:33-38; 22:17-22; 36:24-24;37:1-4; Hosea 5:15). Zechariah also demands Israel's presence in the land as the nations come against it (Zech 12:3, 9; 14:2-5, 16).

We also observe that God did not make a covenant with Israel's neighbors. If Israel is unethical then what do we say of Hamas, the Palestinian Authority and the other Islamist regimes? Do they have a greater claim to the land?

Dispensationalists are often accused of privileging Israel to the point of idolatry, and not focusing on the Gospel of the kingdom.

The proper response to the former allegation is to note that modern Israel isn't perfect but that God loves it and plans to redeem it. Two of the most balanced treatments of this subject can be found in David Baron's Israel in the Plan of God and Michael Rydelnik'sUnderstanding the Arab-Israeli Conflict.

As for the latter point, it might be observed that focusing on delegitimizing Israel is also detrimental to the Gospel of the kingdom. It essentially rejects what God clearly says about Israel's redemption. We might inquire what motivates such behavior.

God has used Assyria as the rod of His anger to chastise Israel (Isaiah 10:5). He doesn't need Christians to do that for Him. God also held Assyria accountable for it.
We would do well to remember that.

http://www.omegaletter.com/articles/articles.asp?ArticleID=7871
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Rita

PostSubject: Re: Modern Israel: An Impostor?   Modern Israel: An Impostor? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 6:32 pm

http://www.faithfulwordbaptist.org/072714a.mp3

http://www.faithfulwordbaptist.org/072714p.mp3

In the old testament the sacrifice of blood shedding from Genesis Chapter 3 to the Levitical Law of animal sacrifice to " atone" or cover sin to Calvary Jesus Christ the lamb of God paid for the sins of the World. The belief of Judism doesn't connect the dots. It is a book about Jesus Christ from Genesis to Revelations. It is not a book about " the Jew and the Gentile/ Christian". I am of God's people, I am an inheritor with Abraham , and Noah, and Able. And so all Israel shall be saved, of which I am a part.
Israel is a anti-Christ nation. It was created by Luciferian worshiping United Nations people. Not God.
We should be loving them and sharing the Gospel with them and all nations and all people.
Let's get over the concept of a " Jew" there is none. There are people of mixed DNA that practice "Judism" just as there are people who practice " Mormanism". Simple. They all need us to knock on their doors to share the good news and save as many as possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Modern Israel: An Impostor?   Modern Israel: An Impostor? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 6:42 pm

Sinister Sites – Israel Supreme Court

The Israel Supreme Court is the creation of one elite family: the Rothschilds. In their negotiations with Israel, they’ve agreed to donate the building under three conditions: the Rothschilds were to choose the plot of land, they would use their own architect and no one would ever know the price of its construction. The reasons for those conditions are quite evident: the Supreme Court building is a Temple of Masonic Mystery Religion and is built by the elite, for the elite.

http://vigilantcitizen.com/sinistersites/sinister-sites-israel-supreme-court/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Rita

PostSubject: Re: Modern Israel: An Impostor?   Modern Israel: An Impostor? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 6:56 pm

So I see the " Great Deception " that Jesus Christ and the apostles referred to is this theater of thinking there are two plans and Jews by physical DNA and us as gentile believers in Jesus Christ will have 2 groups in heaven/earth . With the idea that there is a land for a Jew you can stir up a lot of war , and you can rely on the lack of study of the bible to scare gentile believers into being afraid to say the truth that " it is finished " .
If we really grasp how complete the work of Jesus Christ on the Cross is , then we would not be doubtful of the truth that Jesus Christ is Lord of Lord's , He is The Word of God . He Died and Rose again for the sins of the Whole World . All people , by faith , just as Abram by faith believed God and left his home , so that Gen 12;3...in thee shall ALL the families of the earth be blessed. Gen 15;18...Unto thy seed ( singular) have I given this land( Jesus Christ is that seed)...Ephesians 2;11-19 ( fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God.) So I am not a gentile , I am a citizen of Israel. So all Israel shall be saved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
moko

PostSubject: Re: Modern Israel: An Impostor?   Modern Israel: An Impostor? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 6:59 am

that's so ridiculous that Israel is an "impostor".....that's satan saying its an impostor
yes....the covenant with the Jews still stands,and throughout the millennium reign of Christ.....qhen every nation yearly goes up to Jerusalem to worship Jesus....they will have to walk through Jewish land as Jesus allots 12 sections of land for the Jews....as he did in the wilderness.
God made the nation of Israel we have today,to bring the Jews back,bring the two witnesses to them,take of the veil over their eyes,and raise up 144k to go out proclaiming the gospel of Jesus.
"preach the gospel,to the Jew first,then the rest of the world" Amen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
moko

PostSubject: Re: Modern Israel: An Impostor?   Modern Israel: An Impostor? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 7:04 am

remember....any spirit that goes against the Jews....that God brought them back
that they are a nation right now
that they are still a distinct people from others
that God gave them their land
any spirit saying that is a spirit of the antichrist
Back to top Go down
View user profile
moko

PostSubject: Re: Modern Israel: An Impostor?   Modern Israel: An Impostor? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 8:00 am

We gentiles are branches,grafted in.....do not boast...because the Jews are the root that holds the branches

and our lord would rather replace the grafted in branches.....with the original (Jewish) branches
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Modern Israel: An Impostor?   Modern Israel: An Impostor? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 11:16 am

What is the origin of the "Star of David"?

What is the origin of the "Star of David"?

03/12/07

Dear Rabbi,

I wanted to ask you a question relating to the Megan David or Star of David,I have been researching and didnt realize that so many Jewish people were against the Zionist state,I am a Christian and I believe that Christians support the Zionist state of Isreal because they believe they are supporting the Jewish people? But actually are supporting just another form of man made government..My question about the Star of David is...Didnt G-d(I am not sure the proper way to write the name?) Didnt he give the 7 branched candlestick(the menorah)as a symbol of his covenant with the Jewish people and not the Megan David?? isnt the Star of David actually a Gentile symbol?? if so then who/why was it chosen as the "symbol" of the state of isreal and not the Menorah?? thank you for any assistance you can give me. I look forward to receiving your newsletter,shalom.

Mark Jones

Dear Mr. Jones,

You are correct that the Magen David or shield of David was not originally a Jewish symbol. It is found in ancient art, both Jewish and non-Jewish, and it does not seem to have had a particularly Jewish meaning. Only in the last two hundred years, approximately, did it begin to be used as a Jewish symbol. Synagogues featured the symbol on the ark, on the velvet covering on the Torah, and on the Torah reading platform. It was used for Jewish coffins and gravestones.

When the Zionists searched for a symbol of their movement, they picked both the Magen David and the menorah: one for their flag, and one for their national seal. Since the Jewish people does not have much of an historical attachment to the Magen David, the Zionist appropriation of this symbol does not upset us too much. More upsetting is their use of the name Israel, the authentic name of the Jewish people, and the seven-branched menorah, which was commanded by G-d and stood in the Holy Temple for more than 1300 years.

The menorah is particularly inappropriate for the Zionists in view of the verses in the book of Zachariah (4:6), which Jews read aloud in the synagogue on Chanukah. Zachariah was shown a prophetic vision of a menorah. He asked an angel what the vision meant, and the angel replied, "This is the word of G-d to Zerubavel, saying: Not by might, and not by power, but by My spirit, said G-d of Hosts." Thus the menorah is a reminder that the Jews' redemption from exile will come in a miraculous way, not through human effort. How bitterly ironic is it, then, that the Zionist movement, which advocates the conquest of Eretz Yisroel by force of arms, has adopted the menorah as one of its national symbols!

http://www.truetorahjews.org/qanda/starofdavid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
moko

PostSubject: Re: Modern Israel: An Impostor?   Modern Israel: An Impostor? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 1:54 pm

yes.....but...we need to understand that True Christians support "Israel" and the Jews,it doesnt matter if they call themselves "Zionist"because its God's plan in the last days to bring them back,make nation,and save them;
like Ezekiel....the dry bones ... they are gathered to a nation....Are NOT yet spiritually revived
.....so we should expect them to be carnal,worldly,...Zionist...and maybe some cultic
but its AFTER the 2 witnesses that they are spiritually reborn to God Smile

Last edited by moko on Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
moko

PostSubject: Re: Modern Israel: An Impostor?   Modern Israel: An Impostor? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 2:03 pm

So its still Gods's doing....dont marvel about their  spiritual condition right now....God's not done yet Smile
imo
psalm 83 war...is by Jews might
Ezekiel 38 war,is won all by God's might
rapture
sign treaty/two witnesses preach Jesus to the Jews.....scales fall off eyes,the 144k are raised up,to preach the Gospel....then lots of other (Jews and gentiles)around the world are saved during this first 3 1/2 year period...then the 2 are killed,
3 1/2 mark escape to wilderness where God protects them,during the last half "great tribulation"
at end they cry to Jesus as their only son..."all Israel saved" "those in wilderness.
Jesus alots land around new temple to 12 tribes of Judah
all other nations are blessed by them
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Modern Israel: An Impostor?   Modern Israel: An Impostor? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 8:03 pm

Hi everyone! It’s nice to meet you. I ran across this video and wanted to share it with you. It kind of fits in with what you’ve been talking about and is full of meat and a real eye-opener (at least for me it was). Shocked

This one’s more for fun. Smile

Many thanks for all of the information and show links you post here.  thanks
Back to top Go down
Dr. Rita

PostSubject: Re: Modern Israel: An Impostor?   Modern Israel: An Impostor? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 8:23 pm

Then read Hebrews chapters 7-13. Every part of it is telling us the New Covenant is now fulfilled in Jesus Christ our Lord.

Highlights Heb 8;13In that he saith, A new covenant , he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.
              Heb 8;6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry , by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant , which was established upon better promises. 

2Pet1;20Kowing this first , that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation vs. 21 for the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man , but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Paul refers to " the Jew's religion" Gal 9;25 and 25.

Hosea 2;23 say to them which were not my people , Thou art my people ...
Hosea 3;6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge because thou hast rejected knowledge , I will also reject thee....

Gal 3;29 and if ye be Christ's , then are ye Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise

Rev. 11;8 ..( Jesus Christ refers to Jerusalem here ) And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city , which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified .

Mat 21;43 Therefore I say unto you , the Kingdom of God shell be taken from you and given to a nation bring forth the fruits thereof.

Jer 31;37 31-37 I will also cast off ( ALL) the seed of Israel for all that they have done saith the Lord. ......Here God makes clear by choosing the word ( ALL) that he does not limit himself from casting of a majority of unbelieving Jews. So just like Elijah when he prayed to God against the Jews of Judah King Ahaz and Jezebelle after he killed the false priests God said I have reserved 7,000 Jews who have not bowed the knee to Bal. So God will save a remnant of Jews. Thus God does not break His word.

Rom 11;1 -5 Here God uses Paul himself as a example of a "Jew" who is an exception that believes ie. a remnant .and so" we" in verse 31 of Rom 11 says are to reach out to the person who practices the "religion of the Jews" have mercy on them by sharing the Gospel. They were to be a light to the nations and failed to evangelize so let us not make the same mistake.

So I go door knocking to share the grace I have received with others , especially those who practice the "religion of the Jews". And by God's grace some do believe now.

Those who believe they are Jews physically and are special are troubled by the nation which is called Israel and the actions politically to the Palestinians and have a open ear lately. It is a great time to open the scriptures to those who practice the religion of the Jews.

Since I am of Abraham's seed now , I share that I am a true member of the Nation of Israel, I know more about their religion than they do. God helps me show the Messiah had to have come before the Temple was destroyed and many other scriptures. This is how I show my love for the " Jew" I love them by trying to help them get saved.

So" the fulness of the Gentiles be come in" is really the next verse truly all Israel ( the remnant ) we the seed of Abraham by faith , shall be saved. Remember the lost " Jew" must become a believer to be a part of the body of Christ too.

And the 144,000 of " all of the tribes of the children of Israel" not the 144,000 "Jews" all young men, all virgins. This is not possible as a present day but rather they are in heaven now and are real young men who have died and will come back to earth to help witness with the other 2 witnesses who are in heaven now also who I believe to be Moses and Elijah, same concept if the 2 are from heaven so are the 144,000 of each tribe . The tribes are no more. But they were once just as Moses and Elijah were once before. What a Great God we have.

Remember John 8;39 Jesus Christ answered the " Jews who practiced the religion of the Jew's" ....If ye were Abraham's children , ye would do the works of Abraham. And in verse 44 Ye are of your father the devil. 

So physical descendants do not qualify for God's heirs , only by faith even as Noah by faith built the Ark, Abraham by faith was obedient to offer Issac.

God spoke to the whole nation at Mt Sinai giving the First covenant which they did not keep. God then came incarnate as Jesus Christ and spoke to them again and they rejected him but some believed and built his Church upon this command to ( Acts 1;8 ) ...and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem ( to the Jew) , and in all Judae'a and in Samaria ( to the ten mixed tribes of Israel) , and unto the uttermost part of the earth ( that's me and you out here ). I am so glad they obeyed, now I want to do my part to go and knock doors.

Hab 2;4 the just shall live by faith.

Gal 4;28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise

Gal 4;30 ...what saith the scripture ? Cast out the bondwoman (those that practice the religion of the Jews) and her son:for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.

So we need to reach out to them with truth / Love , and not let those that think they are Jews of Abraham are chosen. Show love and reach them with the gospel , open up the scriptures to them and bring them back into the Olive tree again with us who believe Jesus Christ , the Son of David , of the tribe of Judah , is now King of Kings sitting on Davids Throne, at the right hand of God.

I await the heavenly Jerusalem coming down from heaven and am a stranger here and pilgrim as were so many others.

So rather than worrying about the past , Aliens, Long skulls, the illuminati, I want to study the scriptures, first the New Testament , then the Old Testament to see Jesus Christ on every page and how great a salvation we have , all of us , and to share this will all to hear the good news.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Proskuneo

Proskuneo

PostSubject: Re: Modern Israel: An Impostor?   Modern Israel: An Impostor? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 11:51 am

Hi Lovisa. Welcome to Watchers.

Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
James 4:8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you....
Psalm 40:8, Colossians 1:9, Isaiah 26:4, Acts 15:11
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Modern Israel: An Impostor?   Modern Israel: An Impostor? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 10:03 pm

Thank you Proskuneo. It's good to be here with you. flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modern Israel: An Impostor?   Modern Israel: An Impostor? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1