Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Was Yeshua a Rabbi?

Go down 
+4
Spyro
moko
researcher
GROUNDZERO
8 posters
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
researcher
Admin
researcher

Was Yeshua a Rabbi? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was Yeshua a Rabbi?   Was Yeshua a Rabbi? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 9:15 pm

Rabbi simply means teacher and He was that, so yes He was a Rabbi.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

!! FOXTROT JULIET BRAVO !!
Back to top Go down
moko

PostSubject: Re: Was Yeshua a Rabbi?   Was Yeshua a Rabbi? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 10:54 pm

your right researcher. . . . but to Jew

forget about being a Rabbi. . . . . he was God way before that. . . . . matter of fact,he was God before he created the Angels,Adam,and Eve. . . . . much less the Jewish nation 2000+ years after that. Smile

Jesus use to visit Adam and Eve in the cool of the evening every day.

Later he created the Jewish nation,to give the Word to mankind. . . and to be born into the world,and die for our sins,then to be physically raised from the dead 3 days later.

so Jew,if all you think of,when you think of Jesus,is which family he was born in. . . then that is sad. . . . if your a Christian. . . then he is God to you. . . . . not just a earthly tribe from Noah,that he created.
Back to top Go down
Spyro

Spyro

PostSubject: Re: Was Yeshua a Rabbi?   Was Yeshua a Rabbi? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 12:34 am

Webster Dictionary

Rabbi(noun)
master; lord; teacher; -- a Jewish title of respect or honor for a teacher or doctor of the law

Curiosity is the inheritance of mankind. Frequently we want to know something only because it needs to be kept secret.

Just as luck appears in three so does misfortune. Because you don't want to see it, you don't see it coming. Even if you notice it you don't say anything, and if you're told you don't listen. Then boom, the end comes. In our world, if you miss the first sign you're dead let alone all three signs

My blog: http://timeisdistance.blogspot.co.uk/
Back to top Go down
Proskuneo

Proskuneo

PostSubject: Re: Was Yeshua a Rabbi?   Was Yeshua a Rabbi? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 12:38 pm

Mary Magdalene thought Jesus was the gardener when she saw him after his resurrection. He called her by her name then she recognized his voice and called him Rabboni which means teacher.

So JEW... "Who are you looking for?" (John 20:15)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Yeshua a Rabbi?   Was Yeshua a Rabbi? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 8:32 am

But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, [even] Christ; and all ye are brethren. – Matthew 23:8

Then Jesus turned, and saw them following, and saith unto them, What seek ye? They said unto him, Rabbi, (which is to say, being interpreted, Master,) where dwellest thou? – John 1:38

Greek - rhabbi

1) my great one, my honourable sir

2) Rabbi, a title used by the Jews to address their teachers (and also honour them when not addressing them)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

So, It would be accurate to say Jesus is not “A” Rabbi, but “The” Rabbi. He is THE great Master and Teacher.
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Was Yeshua a Rabbi?   Was Yeshua a Rabbi? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 5:48 pm

There are Rabbis that follow Jesus and teach both Old and New
Testament. I guess they started out as Rabbis and then came to know
Jesus.
Apparently there is no "Rabbinical Counsel" that would force them
to 'resign' that title in any way.

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down
hiscity

hiscity

PostSubject: Re: Was Yeshua a Rabbi?   Was Yeshua a Rabbi? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 10:51 pm

One who has many disciples is clearly a teacher.

We see the inclination early on, in Y'shua.

Luke wrote:

(2:39-52)
And when they had performed all things according to the law of the Lord, they returned into Galilee, to their own city Nazareth. And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.

Now his parents went to Jerusalem every year at the feast of the passover. And when he was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem after the custom of the feast. And when they had fulfilled the days, as they returned, the child Jesus tarried behind in Jerusalem; and Joseph and his mother knew not of it. But they, supposing him to have been in the company, went a day's journey; and they sought him among their kinsfolk and acquaintance.

And when they found him not, they turned back again to Jerusalem, seeking him. And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions. And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.

And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing. And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business? And they understood not the saying which he spake unto them. And he went down with them, and came to Nazareth, and was subject unto them: but his mother kept all these sayings in her heart.

And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.

"Raboni" is "my teacher." Clearly a term of familiar relationship.

Quote :

In Hebrew, possession can be expressed by attaching "pronomial" endings to nouns. For example, the word for house in Hebrew is "bayit." To say "my house," you would add the 1st person singular ending (which is "-i") to the construct form of the noun (beit) to derive beiti (literally, "the house of me"):
Hebrew Grammar link

Of course, Christ is the The Teacher.

He told us, "I am the way, the truth, and the life..."

As the Lamb Slain, with 7 Horns and 7 Eyes, which are the 7 Spirits of God, His Spirit is manifest as follows...

The Spirit of:
1 Grace (helm) ... glory (altar)
2 Prophecy (sword) ... obedience (laver)
3 Life (boots) ... peace (table)
4 Truth (belt) ... wisdom (lampstand)
5 Praise (shield) ... strength (censer)
6 Meekness (vest) ... blessing (ark)
7 Revelation (cloak *) ... honor (mercy seat)

* - Isa. 59:17, Eph. 6

He is The Teacher of the Proverbs and the Parables.
He is The Teacher of the Wisdom Books (OT) and Acts (NT).
He is The Light of the World & The Comforter of Pentecost.

John 14:25-26
Quote :
These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 16
Quote :
5 But now I go my way to him that sent me; and none of you asketh me, Whither goest thou? 6 But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart. 7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 Of sin, because they believe not on me; 10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; 11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. 13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. 15 A ll things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

16 A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.

We know the mystery. We know that Yeshua has a body of flesh (as Christ). And as Paul revealed, a spirit body also (as The Lamb).

When He ascended to the Throne of Heaven -- in the flesh, He sent His Spirit back to be with us -- in the Spirit. When we receive His Spirit, we become His children (offspring) -- spiritually. He is the Vine, we are the branches, which can not be physical but can and is spiritual.

Rabboni Y'shua is perfection and perfect in expression.

courtesy of Gordy

Last edited by hiscity on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blessed1313

PostSubject: Re: Was Yeshua a Rabbi?   Was Yeshua a Rabbi? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 8:14 pm

That baby video with caption is AWESOME!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was Yeshua a Rabbi?   Was Yeshua a Rabbi? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Was Yeshua a Rabbi?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: