Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shocking Salon Mag Feature: “Future Of World's Religion” Begins At The Moment Life Is Given To The Image Of The Beast

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Shocking Salon Mag Feature: “Future Of World's Religion” Begins At The Moment Life Is Given To The Image Of The Beast Empty
PostSubject: Shocking Salon Mag Feature: “Future Of World's Religion” Begins At The Moment Life Is Given To The Image Of The Beast   Shocking Salon Mag Feature: “Future Of World's Religion” Begins At The Moment Life Is Given To The Image Of The Beast I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 9:41 am

Shocking Salon Mag Feature: “Future Of World's Religion” Begins At The Moment Life Is Given To The Image Of The Beast

Shocking Salon Mag Feature: “Future Of World's Religion” Begins At The Moment Life Is Given To The Image Of The Beast Antichrister

Meet the Digitally Advanced Viritual Intelligence Device, a NAO (now) robot known as “D.A.V.I.D.” Weighing at a little over 11 pounds and costing $16,000 (the seminary was given a discount from Aldebaran, NAO’s French manufacturer, and a donor covered the cost), D.A.V.I.D. evokes a certain sculpture by Michelangelo—human artifice reaching for a kind of material perfection. D.A.V.I.D. may be cute, but the intentions of SES and Dr. Kevin Staley, an associate professor of theology and the robot’s handler, could not be more serious. Through those 23 inches of silicon and plastic, they hope to tackle questions about what it means to be human; about how we should interact with the non-human entities in our future; and about what a uniquely Christian response might be to a world in which humans start to seem more like computers, and computers start to seem more and more like human beings. Welcome to the future of theology, where it will be hard not to feel some kinship with a machine unlike any we’ve seen before…
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1