Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

U.N. passes sweeping international arms regulation viewed by some as Second Amendment override

Go down 
AuthorMessage

U.N. passes sweeping international arms regulation viewed by some as Second Amendment override Empty
PostSubject: U.N. passes sweeping international arms regulation viewed by some as Second Amendment override    U.N. passes sweeping international arms regulation viewed by some as Second Amendment override I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 1:46 pm

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/2/un-passes-international-arms-regulation-treaty/

U.N. passes sweeping international arms regulation viewed by some as Second Amendment override

David Sherfinski
Washington Times
April 2, 2013

The United Nations General Assembly on Tuesday signed off on a sweeping, first-of-its-kind treaty to regulate the international arms trade, brushing aside worries from U.S. gun rights advocates that the pact could lead to a national firearms registry and disrupt the American gun market.

The long-debated U.N. Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) requires countries to regulate and control the export of weaponry such as battle tanks, combat vehicles and aircraft and attack helicopters, as well as parts and ammunition for such weapons. It also provides that signatories will not violate arms embargoes, international treaties regarding illicit trafficking, or sell weaponry to a countries for genocide, crimes against humanity or other war crimes.

With the Obama administration supporting the final treaty draft, the General Assembly vote was 154 to 3, with 23 abstentions.

American gun rights activists, though, insist the treaty is riddled with loopholes and is unworkable in part because it includes “small arms and light weapons” in its list of weaponry subject to international regulations. They do not trust U.N. assertions that the pact is meant to regulate only cross-border trade and would have no impact on domestic U.S. laws and markets.
Back to top Go down

U.N. passes sweeping international arms regulation viewed by some as Second Amendment override Empty
PostSubject: Re: U.N. passes sweeping international arms regulation viewed by some as Second Amendment override    U.N. passes sweeping international arms regulation viewed by some as Second Amendment override I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 2:25 pm

Why do we give a flying cat's patootie about what the U.N. says? We are NOT under the authority of a foreign gov't or governing body.

GRRRRRRRR
Back to top Go down
r3m0

r3m0

PostSubject: Re: U.N. passes sweeping international arms regulation viewed by some as Second Amendment override    U.N. passes sweeping international arms regulation viewed by some as Second Amendment override I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 4:03 pm

not yet anyway

Luke 12:7: But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.

Isaiah 44:24: Thus saith the Lord, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the Lord that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

1 Thes. 5:18: In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

U.N. passes sweeping international arms regulation viewed by some as Second Amendment override 2958853248 ... ian
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: U.N. passes sweeping international arms regulation viewed by some as Second Amendment override    U.N. passes sweeping international arms regulation viewed by some as Second Amendment override I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: