Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Deliverance from Media Addiction

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
hiscity

hiscity

Deliverance from Media Addiction Empty
PostSubject: Deliverance from Media Addiction   Deliverance from Media Addiction I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 3:09 am

With all the upcoming future doom it's easy to miss the daily disasters that wreck our lives.

I believe "media addiction" goes far beyond the web to all forms of media from music, to books, to games, and even storytellers. If you think that's extreme... then you're probably not someone that's interested in being delivered from media addiction. I believe it has a far more severe impact that we suffer from every day, than tomorrow's economic collapse... wars... oppressions... whatever.........

If you are interested, then let me say right off that I have "media addiction" and intend to be free of it through Jesus Christ. This is prompted by participation in Russ Dizdar's Occult Crimes course (2nd week). Since Christ has saved me -- I see no reason to remain caught in anything (like media abuse) -- that's out of my control. A sure sign of sin is that it cost you more, keeps you longer, and takes you farther than you want.

I believe one of the key culprits is streaming media. Another is pervasive connections (such as multiple smartphones, multiple computers, use at work and at home). Clear evidence is in back problems, repetitive motion damage to nerves in wrists, etc. And of course there's all the paranoia and distraction that comes from being plugged in to sources that blow everything out of proportion for whatever reason.

I've no doubt there are other groups on the web dealing with this -- but it's really kinda nutz to think of trying to get free from the web via a support group on the web. So ultimately, I believe I need to limit my exposure to what's necessary, instead of what's useful... or social. Social interactions are certainly very much part of the whole trap.

And trap it is just even from the stance of exposure to far too many things. So much that I limit non-media interactions. There's a problem with being "choked with the cares of the world." And with the "little foxes spoiling the grapes." There's a reason why we use names like "web" and "firefox" and have servers that run "demons." The "image of the beast" is probably some interactive mechanism, that's somehow (spiritually?) brought to life. Possibly related to the "abomination of desolation," which is what I think of when I see videos shown in church during the service. (Quite an expensive form of "entertainment" for those who tithe.)

As much as I cherish the Bible -- Christ Himself did not write letters. I'll grant that He worked through the apostles, who found themselves in places like prisons or exile, and needed to write. So there's a time and place.

I'd welcome observations on this. Don't be surprised though if my follow-up is once a day or less at best. I'm not sure if there's a "promised land" beyond the thrall of media addiction, but I certainly don't want to be any slave to sin.

Moreso, with the type of battles that go with the territory regarding Russ Dizdar's teachings, I believe it's critical not to have any chronic weaknesses or failings or to be involved with willing sin. Too much of anything is definitely sin. Possibly even too much love. I'm thinking of Elisha as I consider that, who may have been a workaholic. I'm happy for Jesus to manage Creation and save the World. That's not my call.

And I'm happy to help Him ... but don't want to do anything without Him.

He said, "My yoke is easy and my burden light." Many hands make light work. As a body, it's about team efforts.

praise GOD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance from Media Addiction   Deliverance from Media Addiction I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 8:48 am

Well, as I see it, the problem with getting away from media all together is that it separates the like-minded. I don't have any people (other than my immediate family) in my neck of the woods who understand the things that those who come to a site like this one understand. Nor, are they looking at the world with the same kind of goggles. If I were to walk away from the few places I visit on the web, I would lose many friends (including you).

It is a problem, and I think the solution is to go out and meet more flesh-and-blood humans with whom you can shake hands and feel their calluses - not just enjoy their use of emoticons. Smile

I think a great deal of media dependency is driven by loneliness. The only real solution to that is to walk out one's door and get your hands dirty in the world (not in a sinful way, but in a human way). That will still drive you crazy, but at least you won't be alone.
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance from Media Addiction   Deliverance from Media Addiction I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 9:46 am

Spring fever always takes care of that for me. Smile I can't stand to be inside when it's nice out. God bless and encouragement for you. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance from Media Addiction   Deliverance from Media Addiction I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 1:26 pm

Quote :
hiscity: I believe it's critical not to have any chronic weaknesses or failings or to be involved with willing sin.

I agree with the message, hiscity, and I've been having to be honest too,
that chasing after the world has an addictive quality to it, partly that
'chasing' is a form of 'doing' and 'doing' is part of our human nature;
whereas we 'rest' in the Spirit and He does the thing.
And there's a certain make and model of "us" whose nature is to
"DO". Bigtime. Sometimes Overtime.

[It's interesting that there's a workshop on it...]

But anyway, what you said about weaknesses, failings, etc. is
something I've had in mind regarding 'The Dark Side', and
people who have seen or expect to see and maybe even do battle with, actual demon manifestations of evil.
I agree that the evil that resides in the hearts of men is dark enough.
And yet, we must hate the evil and love the man. Whew.
And bring healing, through Love, as we are able to Let God.
[that's a different post.]

I have one answer for that. NOPE, NO...... thanks anyway but NO.
That's what I call a 'hedge'.
The Bible says, what I allow is allowed, and the reverse.

And if evil ever should dare, there isn't anything I'M going to be doing to defeat it, because we CAN walk in such a Fullness of the Spirit that He fights
all such battles for us. Even many we are not ever aware of!

That's my 'tylenol bottle', if I made no sense in my other attempted response.
The more I concentrate on that headache, the more it pounds.
The quicker I can let it go, the quicker it's gone.
And sitting with a headache and researching it is...........you can fill it in.

The ANSWER never changes! ONE answer for ALL things:

Seek Him till we find.
When we find, Abide.
In Abiding, ask.
Rejoice and Give Thanks.

So, when you mention these 'human conditions' of sin, of physical
or Spiritual weaknesses, YES. They sit like 'black holes', like
portals, like holes in our hedges and armor, that let in all manner
of unwanted, unGodly things, thoughts, feelings, and experiences.

So, what is one to do? Apply the ANSWER. Too easy?
OH NO!
On that "Path of Finding" is a GIANT MIKVEH. Laughing
with HUGE scrub brushes, over, under and all around.

Eventually we part with our dirt, and can move along the Path some.
To the next stage: CONFORMING !.

By that point, we're getting the point.
"You know, Lord? I gave you some
things, and hung onto the ones I thought I could handle."
[God says, "Yeeeees, ......"]

"But...that's not what You meant, is it."
[God says, "Noooo..."]
And this next part? There's REALLY no way I can do that, right? [Riiiight]
"But if I keep coming to You, You'll do it?"
[Yes.]
"All of it?" [Yes.]
Even.....[YES!]
"Ok Lord, It doesn't look too good up ahead to my eyes, but At Your Word, I'm Trusting You. You're really sure there's nothing I can do?"

And God says, "This path gets narrower still, so looking neither to the
left or to the right, you Keep your eyes on Me, I've got you, and I will lead you
safely Home."

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down
hiscity

hiscity

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance from Media Addiction   Deliverance from Media Addiction I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 11:47 pm

I'll take nothing away from folks that are limited in other forms of contact. Look what wonders came through the prison letters of the apostles! And no doubt, living in a foreign culture is much the same. It's hard to be accepted, along with serious prejudice. So contact with others of like-heart helps with bouts of homesickness....

I'm happy to say that I'm off streaming media, and cancelled my netflix account, and avoided videos on the other sites like youtube. Part of the problem is that there's so much excellent media along with all the nonsense. At this point, I think it's best for me to minimize all but the best, and then limit time as a pruning process.

I scanned through the feed reader today, (which I'll also weed out). So there's a spring cleaning aspect to this definitely, as Delphi noted.

It's tempting to joust the windmills, bur it really doesn't matter about assad's death rumours, or that obama might be the antichrist, or iran & n. korea are still saber rattling. It's all just worry until something actually happens, and the only good response to worry is prayer. Gotta say the same for alien disclosure, undocumented democrats, nephilim bloodlines, and whatever's still "if.... "

It's so much better to be intent on helping Christ with His ministries, helping Him do the Father's will on earth, seeking the "like minded" in my own locale too. Rose, much as we've been blessed with more distant relations. If the web goes, (EMP or political control), it's better to already be well connected in the local underground.

I have an email to respond to from a missions couple in Guinea (a very heavily muslim area ). He's just returned to the wife and their 3 lovely young daughters after 9 months separation. She stayed while he toured the states raising support again. He writes all in Spanish, (no doubt since that's the heart language of the local church here). So it's good to have both local and distant interactions.

Oh, my! Dove... I'm intoxicated with your writing! The red letter conversation back and forth is like what I've seen my pastor do in service once, (once) which I can't get him to repeat: teach a bit, let the whole congregation pray a bit, teach a bit, give more opportunity to pray a bit, let the white spaces and silences turn into poetry. Experience the perfume of His presence in our midst.

This is an exceptional vintage, most certainly. Pressed in bare feet for holiness sake. Stored in fit earthenware, at the right temperature, and for the right time. Always returning back to His gaze and His face. Very lovely, and exquisite wine! Kind thanks for welcoming me to "abide." I love knowing He's pleased.

The pruning is not just for me of course. The need is there to come out of babylon which like a black hole collapsing drags not only the darkness down into the draught, but also whoever's caught spiraling out of control into the vortex of some dimensional rift. This goes far beyond the caution of avoiding the edge of the cliff. So the rescue mission has to be more like a shuttle, retrieve and return again to safety, before repeating. Into the maelstrom and back out. Not something I would ever want to do without Christ! And others. Help a little and pray, help a little and pray... There's a waltz in that rhythm of hearts....

Can the media sphere seemingly come alive to become the very image of the beast -- the reflection of the rebel kingdom? Dark spirits indwell it certainly counterfeiting the breath of God to bring the semblance of life. I'm more and more convinced that the abomination of desolation is media delivered virtual existence with artificial emotional addictions, played on not only by telenovelas and action movies, but by "Sturm und Drang" of 24x7x365 political competition as gaming.... hmmm "Sturm und..." WHAT?!

ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturm_und_Drang

I actually had to look up "Sturm und Drang" and see why that came to mind -- since it's completely foreign to me. And definitely against God in the sense of revolution and rebellion. That's twice RECENTLY in the space of decades that I've had German "pointers" interjected. The other was "The Siegfried Files" wakeup ... which I now believe relates to Siegfried Morenz.

german wiki translated on SM

Possibly some spillover from Russ' mission regarding exposing the backbred nazis and their methods??

With that I'll close. It's really tempting to track down more about such things -- but that's exactly the type of fixation that can keep me obsessed with online research -- with seeming key importance, to the exclusion of direct local human interaction.

And Rose, yes, the demons are definitely minor league compared to the pure malice of the "tire throwers."

I'm out of here, my Sisters and friends, and will still be limiting responses to more like once per day per site. (nothing from me on LA's blog today)

I'll be looking for your postings elsewhere than here tomorrow to see what has your interests. Who needs google reader anyway....

Deliverance from Media Addiction HugGroupAnimated
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance from Media Addiction   Deliverance from Media Addiction I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 4:49 pm

I've written and filed at least 5 responses. Cool
They always go 'big' on me. I don't know why.

Your words, written in, of and by the Spirit are as always,mighty wings to soar on.
You know what you have to do. It isn't even an option. And you're doing it.
And you aren't alone in that Word and direction. Wink
Not that it's for everyone. Some have already turned, others not yet.

I left out one important thing in the last sentence yesterday. "Let go."
It works for the generality I was writing, and personally too, I think.
When we ask, let go of what, the easiest answer is everything.
And just let God build up the 'house' again, as He sees fit.

Another answer is to let go of everything that won't fit through the Gates
of heaven, or that can't survive the Fire before the Throne.

But following that, we might sell all we have and follow Him!
That's a radical move.
Or maybe we can acknowledge His Ownership and our stewardship
over all that we have, as dedicated to His use, purpose and
direction, and that might indeed fit through the Gate.

I'm not even considering having an answer on that.
Each must ask for themselves, yes? And the answer might
change over time, too. If He's looking to do a 'new thing'
in us, that can only be great!

And here is always a place for sharing our 'walk' and
sharing the Word with friends. Halleluyah!

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance from Media Addiction   Deliverance from Media Addiction I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deliverance from Media Addiction
Page 1 of 1