Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Virgins and Fishes and Scales, Oh My.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Virgins and Fishes and Scales, Oh My.  Empty
PostSubject: Virgins and Fishes and Scales, Oh My.    Virgins and Fishes and Scales, Oh My.  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 11:08 am

Witnessing Tools 
Tuesday, October 07, 2014 
Wendy Wippel 

Did you know that everything that has ever happened on Earth is the result of ancient alien contact? (Even Robert Downey Jr’s. bank account?).  Giorgio Tsoukalios, wide-eyed guru on “Ancient Aliens” says, “The similarity of superhero stories in ancient cultures suggests widespread extraterrestrial interaction with early man.”  Well…there is common origin. But it’s not little green men.

The current fascination with superhero movies (the single film “The Avengers” has made more than $2 billion since 2012) didn’t start with Marvel Comics and Stan Lee. Ancient cultures did share stories with a common theme: a man with superhuman powers that avenges and/or rescues humankind, often in the context of a battle for the universe itself as a backdrop. 

The word hero, actually, comes from ancient Greece, and means defender and protector. But all ancient cultures had legends about superhuman heroes that were strong, courageous, and dedicated to righting wrongs. Rescuing those that could not rescue themselves. Standing for justice and righteousness. 

Like the Greek superhero Hercules. The Akkadian hero Enkidu. The Sumerian superhero Gilgamesh. The Chinese superhero Guan Yu. The Mayan Quetzlcoatl. The Indian superhero Bhima in the epic Mahabarata.  The Polynesian superhero Rube.

So pervasive are these superhero stories in ancient cultures that literature profs have a specific name for them: The Universal Myth, a collection of legends, across cultures, that feature a superhuman individual that avenges or rescues humanity, “often at great personal cost to himself".  The quest often involves supernatural elements. And “the hero may even enter the underworld and confront death itself.” 
 (mythencylopedia.com)

So if there is a “universal myth, common among all ancient cultures and preserved in our pop culture, where did they come from?  Was it contact with the Neanderthals by little green men? Is there a less preposterous explanation?

Mythencylopedia.com gives us one more hint: “an element of miracle or mystery surrounds the birth of such heroes.”

In fact, they are often described as having a virgin birth.  How does that help us?

God told us in Genesis 1 that He put “lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night” and “for signs and seasons”.  One of those groups of stars is called Virgo, the virgin.  It that a sign? A clue?

As it turns out the succession of constellations (called the Mazzaroth, in Hebrew), starting with Virgo (which coincides with the Jewish New Year) begins a superhero tale of its own.

Let me say right here that the Mazzaroth has kind of gotten a bad rap in some Christian circles, as the succession of constellations that it describes is essentially the same thing as our zodiac.  And because the pagans think that, somehow those stars can actually influence your life or tell your future, that the constellations themselves are evil.

Which is kind of like saying that since some people sniff gasoline to get high we should all quit driving our cars.

So let’s let Scripture decide:  4“Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? TellMe, if you have understanding. 5 Who determined its measurements?...31 “Can you bind the cluster of the Pleiades, Or loose the belt of Orion? 32 Can you bring out Mazzaroth[a] in its season?

Or can you guide the Great Bear with its cubs?33 Do you know the ordinances of the heavens? Can you set their dominion over the earth? (Job 38 NKJV)

God says he brings out the Mazzaroth, each constellation in its season, and He sets their dominion over the earth.

Jewish legend is that Adam, Seth, Enoch and Noah devised pictorial star “signs” as amnemonic for humankind to use to remember God’s promise to redeem creation through His Son. Which became particularly useful when God promised to destroy the world by flood.  And from the way that the Maazaroth is laid out, we can tell that it originated about 3000 BC, in the area of Sumeria, right about where the survivors of the flood ended up.

So what story does it tell? (A story told by both the main constellation and three subconstellations associated with each one, called decans.

Constellation # 1: At the time of the Jewish New Year, the first constellation that the sun travels through is Virgo. The Hebrew name of Virgo is Bethulah (virgin), and in all other ancient cultures the name of this constellation recognize the virginity of the woman depicted. (Ancient cultures also started their zodiacs with the virgin woman, and one depiction of the Mazzaroth in Esne, Egypt begins with Virgo as well).

The really curious thing is that typically, ancient representations of Virgo picture her with a male child on her lap.

Perhaps you see where this is going. (The virgin typically holds a sprig of wheat in one hand and some seed in the other: Jesus the seed and the grain of wheat that falls to the earth and dies.)

Constellation #2:  Libra, the Scales, reminiscent of “you are weighed in the balance and found wanting.  The scales have weighing bins on each side: on one side, the name of the star means the price deficient, and the on the other, the star name means “the price that paid.”  And interestingly enough, one of the subconstellations of Libra is the Southern Cross. (Which slipped below the horizon, as viewed from Jerusalem, right about 32 AD.)

Constellation #3: Scorpio, in Coptic, Isidis, “attack of the enemy”, with the main star Arcturus, meaning “wounding”, and one of the decans a giant serpent.

Constellation #4: Sagittarius, half man, half beast, shooting an arrow right at the heart of the scorpion.

Constellation #5: Capricorn, a dying sacrificial goat with, mysteriously, the tail of a vigorous fish

Constellation #6:  The living waters of Aquarius, which can quench the thirst of every man.

Constellation #7:  The twin fishes Pisces (the church made up of both Jews and gentiles. Other sheep. (And other fish).

Constellation #8: Aries, the ram, with associated stars whose names mean wounded bruised, slain,

Constellation #9: Taurus, the fearsome, wild, angry bull with sharp horns and indignation coming from his nostrils, whose Egyptian name means “the Mighty chieftain who Comes”, to trample down the nations.

Constellation #10: Gemini, originally depicted as man and wife, finally united

Constellation #11: Cancer the crab, but in ancient cultures depicted as a scarab 
beetle, who, like the butterfly, toils on the earth until it “ dies”, then emerges to fly.

Constellation #12:  Leo, the Lion of Judah, in whose breast beats the brightest star Regulus, “regal”, with other bright stars Denebola (“the judge”, and Al Giebha “exalted”.

If you’ve ever wondered how we got the constellations (since the star patterns never resemble in the least the object supposedly pictured, really), here’s your answer. 

The picture needed was applied to the constellations, rather than the star pattern in the constellation suggesting it. (In fact, some versions of the ancient Mazzeroth, in fact, feature different pictures, but the meaning is always the same.)

And to any student of scripture, the story it tells is clear.  (Each of the three decans, and the star names in ancient dialects, flesh out the meaning of each constellation in exquisite detail. We could spend a week on each one. (And I’d be happy to do so if there’s interest, just let me know!)

Giorgio Tsoukalios says that humanity was genetically programmed by our alien encounters to have a collective subconscious memory of those encounters, and that’s why we love the Avengers.

I say it’s not a genetically programmed collective subconscious memory of alien contact. It’s a historical and spiritual expectation, laid down purposefully in the stars given to us to be signs, to expect, someday, an avenger from heaven who will set things right on our planet, a place where it should be obvious that something has gone horribly awry.

The Lion of the Tribe of Judah.  I’m waiting for the King. The Mighty Chieftain who comes to take His own home.

One more thing:  Those two fishes?  In the traditional zodiac maps each, curiously, is tethered, ostensibly still on the line. But follow the tethers back and you see why.

Each of them is held firmly under the paw of the Leo, the Lion of Judah.

His fish hear His voice, and no one can snatch them out of His hand.

You can’t make this stuff up.

http://www.omegaletter.com/articles/articles.asp?ArticleID=7903
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1