Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
onlyoneimage

My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming Empty
PostSubject: My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming   My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 3:41 pm

Hey guys, here is a link to my booklet that you can read. It is only 41 pages long, and does demand a bit of following along in your bibles.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_psZNWO3Qt3MGNhMHpNeTNxWkk/view?usp=sharing

I understand this is a difficult subject, and tempers flare up when it is discussed...but if you have any questions with regard to it, please let me know.

God bless,

onlyoneimage/wateredseeds/david wolfe
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming   My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 4:25 pm

Can't view it, can't download it, can't anything it. Try putting it up on Mediafire.

https://www.mediafire.com
Back to top Go down
onlyoneimage

PostSubject: Re: My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming   My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 5:28 pm

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_psZNWO3Qt3MGNhMHpNeTNxWkk/view?pli=1
Back to top Go down
onlyoneimage

PostSubject: Re: My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming   My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 5:29 pm

Check that one. It should work without a problem.
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming   My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 6:46 pm

It is working now. Thanks.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

!! FOXTROT JULIET BRAVO !!
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming   My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 11:24 pm

I just read this and kudos for doing a very professional job on your booklet. I pretty much agree with most of the things contained within it. I see the seals and trumpets running somewhat concurrently instead of linear with the bowls happening afterwards but then that's one of those little niggly "wait and see" issues that will be resolved soon enough. The booklet follows pretty much what my studies have taught me to see. Eyes wide open!

Loved the parts about the tribulation NOT being God's wrath. I've been convinced of that for a very long time. I listened to an audio a while back and listened again tonight to make sure I really remembered that what I heard was what I remembered. The link below goes to an mp3 by Greg Coleson on The Byte Show. It's the very first of his many interviews over the years and in the first half he talks in great detail about just what tribulation is and isn't. I think y'all might find it interesting. Greg Coleson is a pretty interesting guy and I've been listening to all of his interviews over the past few weeks. I'll link to his Byte Show page with all of his interviews below + the first show mp3.

Hope y'all enjoy 'em.

http://www.thebyteshow.com/Audio/GregColeson/GregColeson_SpecialEndTimeReport-1_TBS.mp3

http://www.thebyteshow.com/GregColeson.html
Back to top Go down
onlyoneimage

PostSubject: Re: My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming   My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 1:08 am

Thanks for your feedback researcher. So glad you liked it. I do agree that some of these things are going to be "wait and see". Question: Do you think that any of the seals have been unsealed at this point now?

If you compare what Jesus said in Matthew 24 with the first 4 seals, they look very similar in nature.
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming   My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 10:26 am

I didn't make it past page 2, I think, when you mentioned men who do not desire sound doctrine.

I started on a list of these men whom you fault, men who were called by God and Anointed by the Spirit to preach the Gospel.  Men who do not speak of their own accord, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God, as known by both the Spirit and the Word,  as much as any human is able.

Men who are so surrendered to the Spirit that signs and wonders follow the going forth of the Word that they preach.   We do agree that the Holy Spirit caused the recording of the Word, I'm sure.  And that He, not us, is the Sure interpreter and revealer of the Truth therein.

I see inherent dangers in the Rapture Doctrines; and they exist primarily because man thinks from the natural mind, rather than perceiving from the Spirit, which seems very unreal to a lot of 'believers'.  I know you'll say it has to line up with the Word, and I agree absolutely.
BUT, that this is so divisive in the Body tells me that our collective understanding, no matter what stance we take, is incomplete.

The PreTrib believer is more apt to be Spiritually ready, if they maintain the sense of immanency, and are led to submission by it  and to constant reliance on the Spirit so that in any moment they may be found worthy.

Thinking it to be any other time, or not at all, causes us to focus more on the preservation of the flesh.  I think it also can possibly cause us to be lax in our
Spiritual preparedness.  And that's the real danger.  Never mind "Rapture".
Consider no man knows the day or hour their soul may be required of them.
Yet the Spirit is our second by second preparedness.  Trying to determine "when"
should already be resolved In Christ by the Indwelling Spirit, who preserves us till the Day He calls us home, individually or together.

It's vitally important that we remember the order of Everything, as originating from the Unseen Spirit into the seen.
The 'outward', 'visible'  evidence of the transfiguration of the body requires substance, which is THE Life of, by and in the Spirit.  THAT must happen first.

And when it's already happened, when it's already the Reality we know, then when it's finally 'seen' by the world 'out there' just isn't really the point anymore.

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming   My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 11:00 am

onlyoneimage wrote:
Thanks for your feedback researcher. So glad you liked it. I do agree that some of these things are going to be "wait and see". Question: Do you think that any of the seals have been unsealed at this point now?

If you compare what Jesus said in Matthew 24 with the first 4 seals, they look very similar in nature.

Similar indeed. I sometimes think that we could be in the beginning of the seals and I've spoken on this on the forum before. I have reason to believe that the first seals could * POSSIBLY * start bleeding into the time of sorrows before the anti-Christ is revealed. I do believe that we are right now full-on in the time Mathew 24 calls "the time of sorrows" (in my translation) that happens before the abomination of desolation. The AOD is the start point of the 3½ year tribulation. That's what I've gotten from all my studies anyways.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming   My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 12:35 pm

Thanks for sharing this with us onlyone. Got to love a good Berean who enjoys delving into the scriptures to search out the truth of a matter. Very thoughtfully and lovingly done. flower
Back to top Go down
onlyoneimage

PostSubject: Re: My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming   My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 11:39 pm

Dove,

I do not at all understand what you are saying. I didn't fault anyone specific. I simply stated that one of the reasons that people have a hard time with specific doctrine, is because they believe what they WANT to believe. I do not think that most of the teachers in western Christianity are being purposefully deceitful or TRYING to preach false doctrine for the sake of money or fame.....but those are things that do happen as well.

The book itself has as much to do with my own journey through this issue. Obviously everyone on this forum knows that I was a hardcore pre-trib rapture believer. I defended it with dozens of posts and articles.....and defended it as long as I could. I do not fault anyone for believing in a pre-trib rapture. What I do fault people for, is for willingly being ignorant of the word. I have come across so many people who are pre-trib, mid-trib, post-trib believers...but have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHY they believe that doctrine. They can't defend it, and it is important to defend the truth.

As far as being anointed, I do not think that we can easily hide behind the guise of a person being "anointed". Name someone in western Christianity that you believe is anointed to preach the gospel...and then examine whether they actually preach the gospel. So many people have defended the ravenous wolves that have crept into the church because they have "helped and inspired millions." I believe that many of these teachers that are "anointed" to preach the gospel are amazing people that do amazing things for the kingdom. Quick question though: Do you think that I am anointed to preach the gospel? All sorts of people from every viewpoint on this issue are anointed to preach the gospel, and to teach on the word. What makes a good evangelist? A solid and firm foundation rooted in the word...and preaching from the place of the cross. What makes a good teacher? The desire to always seek the truth no matter WHAT others will think of you(2 Timothy 2:15).

I would rather be a worker in the vineyard, despised by some...but doing the work of God than to continue to sit at the sideline when there are so many important things going on in the world today.

I list like 3 or 4 different reasons why people might not know the truth, or even know their own viewpoint. I did not anywhere attack anyone specifically or outright say that people who disagree with me do not desire sound doctrine.

I personally embrace many teachers who believe in other viewpoints. I might disagree with them on this issue, but that doesn't mean that I think they are false prophets (this issue is not one that would decide that by itself). The introduction was simply a way to Segway into the meat of the issue, and explain why some people have difficulty with the subject in general. Maybe you should get past the introduction before you judge it. It is also important to know that I don't claim to be the sole authority on this....or to have secret knowledge that others don't. This is simply my opinion and explanation of the topic.

God bless,

onlyoneimage
Back to top Go down
onlyoneimage

PostSubject: Re: My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming   My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 11:50 pm

"I started on a list of these men whom you fault"-Dove

How can you make a list of men that I fault when I didn't mention any names?

Pre-trib rapture teachers that I love and follow:
Perry Stone
Tim Lahaye
David Jeremiah
Hal Lindsay
Clarence Larkin
C.I. Scofield
Grant Jeffrey

The list could probably go on for quite awhile. Being wrong on one issue does not make someone a false prophet. On top of that, while I believe in what I wrote.....I think there is a small window of separation with regard to it. I might not be right.
Back to top Go down
onlyoneimage

PostSubject: Re: My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming   My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 11:52 pm

Lovisa,

Thank you so much. I really appreciate the encouragement. My booklet has been met with hostility by a few who I know in my personal life....which I expected Wink I don't expect everyone to agree with me....but I do hope it helps others to search out the matter more.
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming   My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 11:34 am

Morning, OnlyOne. You know yesterday I couldn't get past the preface.  But I've read through some of the material, and feel you've built a good case.
I've questioned these passages, but come to a different conclusion, and no longer find the timing significant. I don't think the timing is "the point".

My objection was that the preface sounds so disrespectful to those many men of God who teach a pretrib rapture, whose sacrifices we don't even know.  Men who have brought countless thousands to Salvation and into the Kingdom.

Do you realize that the only acknowledgement you paid them was that 'people do not desire sound doctrine, having given heed to false teachers who desire to fulfill the lusts of the heart and that the heart of (such) a man is exceedingly wicked and people would rather believe what they want to hear'?

You listed some of these men. A few others that come to mind are (I can't see your list), Derek Prince, Wigglesworth, Fruchtenbaum, Walvoord, Thomas Ice, Stearman, J.R. Church, Chuck Smith, Missler, and so many more.  And they didn't all come out of Dallas Theological. 
How does anyone suggest that these men don't study the Word?

I don't even want to respond to 'people don't study the Word for themselves.' What a statement.  And you made no allowance that has we approach the horizon, the view becomes sharper.  Just as it did for you.
If it was up to me, I'd rewrite the preface  entirely, and aim for encouragement rather than chastisement.  But it ain't, as they say.

I haven't made it all through the pamphlet yet.  I'm interested to see what you do with Rev. 3:10.
And I thank you sincerely D., for allowing me my opinion.

Back to top Go down
onlyoneimage

PostSubject: Re: My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming   My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 1:22 am

Well no Dove, I actually did NOT target a specific viewpoint in my preface. Nowhere in the preface do I even mention pre-trib rapture teachers. Somehow you must have read into that on your own. I even apologetically said that I didn't not expect for everyone to agree with me...and that I hoped the booklet would still be helpful in spite of that fact. So where exactly do I even mention pre-trib rapture teachers in the preface? What was one of the goals of my booklet? I wanted to get people to understand their position on this issue without having to go to a teacher and look up what they say. I wanted people to say "this is what I believe because". My dad and I disagree heavily on this subject (he hates my booklet by the way), but what he really hates about it, is that he can't defend his position against it. He was not able to take my book apart using scripture. That is a problem.....and because he could not, he only could say "I don't get it".

Let me tell you that since I've been studying the bible...I've NEVER said "I don't get it" when faced with a doctrinal challenge. Instead I would double down on my position....search out the scriptures, and either find that I still believed unwaveringly....or that I was wrong and I changed. Of course we won't all agree on this issue...but in no way was I insulting to pre-trib rapture teachers. I simply addressed the scriptural concerns with the position itself. I never listed anyone as being a false teacher or false prophet specifically, and I never mentioned the pre-trib rapture or its teachers in my preface.

But why do I respect some pre-trib rapture teachers? If I were to send a copy of my booklet to Grant Jeffrey(unfortunately that is impossible now as he is at home with the Lord Jesus and knows the truth of this subject for himself)...he would have been able to defend his position against mine. I still wouldn't agree with him...but he would have a biblical basis for his position. He would not rely on the same passages again and again simply because he had them taught to him or at his disposal. Instead he would have sought out the scriptures in the same way I did. Then he would've explained a deeper meaning to his position and why he believes it. God bless his soul I love that man.

No way would I even call Grant Jeffrey a false prophet or false teacher. He taught me a lot. Same goes with Tim Lahaye, whom I still agree with on much of bible prophecy. I know that these great teachers and I would have at least one thing in common (though actually much more than that)...and that is that the place we are each coming from, is the place of the cross. When we read the scripture and interpret the scripture, we do it from the cross of Jesus Christ as the entire point of everything that has happened or will happen. I know that I have fellowship with these brethren and that I could never call them a false teacher...because they have the same gospel and same testimony as I do.

I am sorry that you feel that I insulted these great men....but I absolutely did NOT insult them. I love them....period.
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming   My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 11:58 am

Preface: an introduction to a book, typically stating its subject, scope, or aims.
synonyms:introduction, foreword, preamble, prologue, prelude;
front matter; informalprelims, intro, lead-in;

I'm not calling your heart in question,  OnlyOne.  Just real practically, all I'm saying is :
1. a preface is a introduction to the coming text.
2. the text is a rebuttal of the pretrib Rapture.
3. In the preface you made multiple statements and quotes about false teachers and their motives.
4. thereby connecting pretrib rapture teachers with false teachers of unsavory motives, and as people who don't study the Word.
5. Otherwise the preface belongs to some other thesis and just kind of jumped in there. Wink

So now that we've thought about just who these teachers are again, maybe the preface could use a rewrite, where you can speak FOR your material without speaking AGAINST anyone.
That's just how it reads to me. And I'll let it alone now. I'm not trying to prove anything.

Back to top Go down
Atlantic

Atlantic

PostSubject: Re: My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming   My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 8:10 pm

Great booklet, OnlyOneImage! I've, for a while now, shared that same view of the parable of the fig tree.

I was thinking about the rapture and I believe I may have an interesting insight to it.  First off, the bible prophecies throughout the entire writ of the bible are all connected. Many prophecies are detailed from different angles in various chapters and across multiple other authors. What I'm saying is, no prophecy is isolated within the context of a specific chapter or book or author. Everything is connected together. Hence, no prophecy is isolated within the context of its book. Take Revelation, for example, where it talks about the conglomerate beast which is comprised of bear, lion, leopard which make one entire beast. So you see, prophecies are not isolated within their context, and all prophecies are connected, ie, that prophecy is connect to the prophecy in Daniel.  So what my point is, in Revelation where it talks about the first resurrection and Christians assume it means the first resurrection after the tribulation, it must be interpreted in context of the entire Bible. We can't just assume the first resurrection means it is after the tribulation. We have to at least take into account that all scripture is connected, and that Revelation, of all books, is just a fuller explanation of earlier prophecies, meant to bring them into new light, in the same context
Back to top Go down
onlyoneimage

PostSubject: Re: My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming   My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 10:38 pm

On the contrary Dove, it is an introduction....and the purpose of an introduction is to set the stage for the text. The only way to come to the conclusion you did, is to PRESUPPOSE what the rest of the booklet would be about(you admitted that you stopped reading it at page 2). I was simply stating that one of the reasons people fall into ANY theological trap is because they listen to false teachers. I don't think anyone who is NOT presupposing my position is going to think that.

At the same time, if I have anyone give me that criticism who didn't presuppose my position....I think I would take that more to heart. The preface was not intended to be critical of any one position in particular. It was simply created to lead people into the booklet with a purpose, and I believe it accomplished that.

Though I appreciate your honesty, I don't agree with your criticism in the slightest. I worked to take a humble approach, including the idea that the scriptures alone have the answers rather than myself.

It is also important to note that I've only had 3 people give me a negative opinion of the book in some way at this point. All 3 seemed to pick on something other than the actual core subject or major content of the booklet as a way to criticize it(and all 3 to the best of my knowledge were pre-trib rapture theorists). I would be much more comfortable with criticism if I felt it was rooted overall with a refutation of the theory itself. Take a sword(bible) and cut my booklet to pieces. I welcome that, because in that kind of discussion we will edify each other.

Much love Dove. I've always appreciated your responses.

God bless,

-onlyoneimage
Back to top Go down
onlyoneimage

PostSubject: Re: My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming   My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 10:47 pm

Atlantic,

Appreciate your insight, and thank you for the compliment. I agree with you that we cannot isolate a passage by itself and leave it by itself. We must interpret it within the scope of the word. The real issue though when dealing with the "first resurrection" is that it is giving a list of concurrent events. The verse you are referring to is Revelation 20:5. The problem with trying to make it fit in a different place, is that the context of the passage itself is concurrent. That means that what is happening in the chapter, is happening at the same time.

So Satan is bound, the tribulation saints are crowned, and the first resurrection happens...all in the same time period. To place the first resurrection in a different spot...would be to place the binding of satan, and the crowning of the tribulation saints also in a different spot.
Back to top Go down
Atlantic

Atlantic

PostSubject: Re: My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming   My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 9:47 am

Glad you see where I'm coming from. I actually copy and pasted that post so it wasn't entirely coherent in its totality, because I never really edited it.
Back to top Go down
murray leslie

murray leslie

PostSubject: Re: My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming   My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 9:23 pm

can you guys help me find imminence, like where we are told Christ could come @ any time? i cant find it...but it is what we are taught, there is a point to this...
Back to top Go down
onlyoneimage

PostSubject: Re: My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming   My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 12:33 am

Murray,

Did you read the booklet? It addresses that issue. The rapture is NOT an imminent event. There are 2 primary verses used to try and show imminence. I address both of those passages....and show that they do not show imminence.

In fact, there is a great parallel to the flood. IF....IF......IF the rapture does not happen until the end of the tribulation...this would fit PERFECTLY in parallel with the flood. How?

God told noah to build an ark. Noah knew that the flood could not happen until the ark was finished. After it was finished, he still had to wait. When did he know when the flood would happen? He knew 7 DAYS PRIOR TO THE FLOOD STARTING according to Genesis 7:4. This would fit perfectly in parallel with the tribulation. Surely watching Christians will know about 7 years before the rapture IF they know when the covenant is confirmed with the many. The problem is that the sign we are told to watch for is NOT the covenant. It is in fact the abomination of desolation. So I could be completely mistaken in my parallel.

Imminence though....no.
Back to top Go down
murray leslie

murray leslie

PostSubject: Re: My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming   My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 7:42 am

but, if Christ fulfilled the spring feasts to the letter, and He did, how about the fall feasts?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming   My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 9:39 am

onlyoneimage wrote:
In fact, there is a great parallel to the flood. IF....IF......IF the rapture does not happen until the end of the tribulation...this would fit PERFECTLY in parallel with the flood. How?

God told noah to build an ark. Noah knew that the flood could not happen until the ark was finished. After it was finished, he still had to wait. When did he know when the flood would happen? He knew 7 DAYS PRIOR TO THE FLOOD STARTING according to Genesis 7:4. This would fit perfectly in parallel with the tribulation. Surely watching Christians will know about 7 years before the rapture IF they know when the covenant is confirmed with the many. The problem is that the sign we are told to watch for is NOT the covenant. It is in fact the abomination of desolation. So I could be completely mistaken in my parallel.

onlyoneimage, did you write about this in your book? i don't remember reading it. Anyway, if you have some time, would you mind doing a post on what you know about this? i haven't gotten around to studying the parallels with the flood (and exodus) yet and you're right, there will be many answers there.
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming   My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 10:54 am

Morning.  Just to clear up what you said to me, OnlyOne, I did take the time to confirm the pamphlet was about the rapture. 
~~~~

I see an inherent danger in nailing down the time of the rapture, not the least of which is anyone planning on coming through the Tribulation is going to need the Holy Spirit in the same measure as is necessary to be included in the Rapture.

The inherent danger in casting down 'Imminence' is it speaks to God's Supremacy, kind of a key point throughout Scripture.

The ONLY Acceptable Day to possess that Assurance is TODAY.

The Last Thing the Lord wants is for someone to miss it because they thought they had more time,or it wasn't THE time they thought they'd reasoned out.
What if you die in the tribulation?  Clearly, you have to be already ready.

Matt. 9:35
And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.
ALSO in Matt. 3:2, Matt. 4:7, Matt. 4:23, Mark 1:14, Mark 1:15, Luke 4:43, Luke 8:1, Luke 16:16, Luke 9:60.

John 3:Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Being born again of the Spirit is the Kingdom,
Romans 14:17  For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Whereas:
1 Corin 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

So:
31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
Mark 13:35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:
36 Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.
37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

Back to top Go down
murray leslie

murray leslie

PostSubject: Re: My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming   My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 9:13 pm

so God the Father will tell God the Son to go get His bride on rosh hashana 2015, if damascus goes down between now & then, everybody agrees, right??
Back to top Go down
onlyoneimage

PostSubject: Re: My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming   My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 12:34 am

murray,

Lol. Ummm....I wouldn't put money on it.

God bless you sir.
Back to top Go down
onlyoneimage

PostSubject: Re: My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming   My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 12:36 am

Dove,

Today IS the day of assurance. Absolutely. As far as imminence goes....the real issue is whether it is scriptural or not. If it is NOT scriptural, then there is not only no harm in disproving it....but it is IMPORTANT to disprove it.
Back to top Go down
onlyoneimage

PostSubject: Re: My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming   My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 12:38 am

Lovisa,

I didn't write specifically about that detail. I talked about the days of noah and how God warned noah what was going to happen...and that there were things that had to happen first (no imminence). I did not talk about the parallel between the 7 day warning before the flood and the covenant confirmed both leading to the "wrath of God" and the salvation from that wrath.
Back to top Go down
murray leslie

murray leslie

PostSubject: Re: My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming   My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 5:05 am

good to see your pride issue has been solved;
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming   My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 7:50 am

You say there is No Imminence.  Let's look.
I think we all know that in modern day language we commonly use available words to describe concepts in the Bible.  And one of the reasons we can and do is because we have the totality of the text.
For instance, 'Trinity'.  Imagine if we had to stop and explain the hermeneutics of the Trinity every time we talked about it.  ( I know you've written on it.)

When I read the definition of 'imminent', the first thing that comes to mind is Jesus going about the country teaching, the Kingdom is near to you, the Kingdom is nigh.
Near, nigh, close at hand.  Just exactly the definition of 'imminent'. 

The Kingdom was nigh, as the Holy Spirit was within Him, Rested on Him, and stayed. 
The Kingdom 'Came' upon all men, whomsoever will, beginning at Pentacost.
Right now it is within those cleansed by the blood, and having received the Holy Spirit.  Someday we will see it 'without' as well, as the Manifest Presence assumes ALL Authority over the earth, (all things made new),  and satan and his princes are thrown out.

And it sure looks to be ever more 'imminent', even as God taught all who were His throughout history to expect it and look for it always.  I wonder why He wanted it that way?  Something to ponder in the search for Truth.

Imminent:
impending, close (at hand), near, (fast) approaching, coming, forthcoming, on the way, in the offing, in the pipeline, on the horizon, in the air, just around the corner, coming down the pike, expected, anticipated, brewing, looming, threatening, menacing; informalin the cards

Back to top Go down
onlyoneimage

PostSubject: Re: My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming   My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 11:51 pm

Dove,

I agree that imminence may occur at some point....but can you honestly say that the rapture has been an imminent event for 2000 years? The point is, there are pre-requisites with regard to imminence. Will certain events cause us to look up so to speak and expect the rapture? Yes. Have all of the pre-requisites been met at this point? No.
Back to top Go down
onlyoneimage

PostSubject: Re: My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming   My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 12:02 am

Murray,

Call it like you see it man. It takes a great deal of humility to admit that you are wrong...and I've certainly done my fair share of apologizing for being wrong. With regard to pride, it is absolutely true that in my life I have battled pride. When I was a child, I was a braggart(despite being a sweet boy that loved Jesus and told all of his friends about Jesus). Is it a daily struggle? Absolutely. I do not believe I have been prideful in my responses here....I believe I have been confident and truthful. Does that make me right? Absolutely not. I admit that I may be wrong....though I doubt it(of course I think I'm right, or else I wouldn't have written a booklet about it). Still.....I try hard to check my pride at the door every day, and to stand for the truth regardless of the hatred that I may experience(not here obviously, but in the real world). I've had people curse and spit at me for preaching the gospel on the street corners.....and it is a humbling thing to experience. If there is anything that has made me a better person...it is the gospel itself. When I preach it, I remember how helpless I am to stand before God without Jesus doing all he has done for me. I am a helpless sinner...and yes, I battle pride.
Back to top Go down
Atlantic

Atlantic

PostSubject: Re: My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming   My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 2:31 pm

Onlyoneimage, I appreciate your work for the Lord, I wish there were more Christians that thought about scripture and live out their faith the same way!! I didn't see a shred of pride in anything you said. In fact, Dove was mad that you didn't honor the preachers, who we shouldn't judge, in your introduction, but as far as I can see, Dove didn't honor you by thanking you for making an effort with a fresh perspective. Dove just started in on tearing you down, which is what she is complaining you did to the mega-ministers.

Everybody preaches the rapture likes it doctrine set in stone, it's nice that someone is presenting something else. And what's worse, I've heard pastors saying we'll miss the rapture if we don't believe in it. Talk about manipulative. The masses have been wrong in the past.
Back to top Go down
murray leslie

murray leslie

PostSubject: Re: My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming   My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 4:55 pm

if you are not looking 4 that blessed hope, @ His appearing, the door will b closed to the wedding, u can still look forward to getting ur head separated from its body & b a tribulation saint, or u can stand @ the white throne and take yer chances...its all good...
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming   My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 4:37 am

I am sorry for offending you, Atlantic.  I did actually acknowledge his work.

"Morning, OnlyOne. You know yesterday I couldn't get past the preface.  But I've read through some of the material, and feel you've built a good case."

I did again in another letter, but see I  filed it.  I'm trying to stay out of the way of the actual pamphlet material so it can be discussed.  It's not my thread.
He already knows it's a hot topic.  And it  looks to me like he managed my concern fine, so
I don't think I 'injured' him.  It was only how it read to me, and I thought he had invited discussion, even expecting disagreement.  Just not where I found it. Wink
So, if I offended you Only One, I apologize to you as well. You said I read it wrong. I accept that.
This thread is for discussing OnlyOne's material, not my beliefs on the Rapture.

Back to top Go down
Atlantic

Atlantic

PostSubject: Re: My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming   My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 1:12 pm

I guess I was just trying to encourage Onlyoneimage because I feel pretrib rapture theory so popular. No harm over on my side either
Back to top Go down
onlyoneimage

PostSubject: Re: My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming   My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 4:13 pm

No harm. I have been accused of a lot worse. I was a pre-tribber for years, and most of the people here know that.

What is the commonality of the people who come here? We believe that Jesus Christ died for our sins. That is the issue that if someone gets it wrong, it would make them a heretic. The issue of the rapture, or creationism, or any other thing.....is likely not nearly as important. I want to see the gospel preached. I do not care if it is being preached by a pre-trib, mid-trib or post-trib person.

So where does our preaching come from? It must unmistakably come from the place of the cross. If you, looking outward from the cross see a pre-trib rapture....then preach it on the roof tops. If you see a post-trib rapture, you also should preach it from the roof tops. What we cannot do, is separate our doctrine from that place, and make our doctrine more important than the work of the cross itself, the final work of Jesus Christ our KING AND MESSIAH!

Thank you all who have commented, and God bless you as you decipher this issue. It is a pressing matter...because we quickly approach the time in which His appearing will happen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming   My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My booklet The Rapure And The Second Coming
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: