Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

We Don't Need No Stinkin' Thank Button, We Got This .........

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
researcher
Admin
researcher

We Don't Need No Stinkin' Thank Button, We Got This ......... Empty
PostSubject: We Don't Need No Stinkin' Thank Button, We Got This .........   We Don't Need No Stinkin' Thank Button, We Got This ......... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 2:43 pm

OK, anyone else notice that this forum doesn't have a thank button like the old one did? Well we got something even better here. It's called a reputation indicator. Look over to the far right hand side of someones posting and you will see a + (plus) sign and below it a - (minus) sign. You like something on that post you click + and that persons reputation goes up a point. You think someone is being snarky or being mean or sumpt'n you click the - and their reputation drops one point. Reputation shows up right below your avatar where you can see your own and everyone else's.

Ain't that too cool? Reach out and and rep someone! group hug
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: We Don't Need No Stinkin' Thank Button, We Got This .........   We Don't Need No Stinkin' Thank Button, We Got This ......... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 2:54 pm

Well I am sooooo embarrassed! I just noticed that we DO have a thank button. I just saw it. So now we have a double way to reach out and touch someone. <WINK>
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: We Don't Need No Stinkin' Thank Button, We Got This .........   We Don't Need No Stinkin' Thank Button, We Got This ......... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 3:00 pm

Still playing with the new forum. It looks like the thank button only shows up for you if YOU started the topic. I don't see it in topics others have started. Somebody want to verify what I'm seeing and report back?

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

!! FOXTROT JULIET BRAVO !!
Back to top Go down
Kitiara

Kitiara

PostSubject: Re: We Don't Need No Stinkin' Thank Button, We Got This .........   We Don't Need No Stinkin' Thank Button, We Got This ......... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 3:09 pm

Yes, I can only see the thank button in a thread that I started.
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: We Don't Need No Stinkin' Thank Button, We Got This .........   We Don't Need No Stinkin' Thank Button, We Got This ......... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 4:37 pm

Well what good does that do us? do we thank ourselves or people that replied?
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: We Don't Need No Stinkin' Thank Button, We Got This .........   We Don't Need No Stinkin' Thank Button, We Got This ......... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 4:49 pm

Delfi, it's IMPOSSIBLE to watch that avatar and remain depressed!
I LOVE IT! flower

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: We Don't Need No Stinkin' Thank Button, We Got This .........   We Don't Need No Stinkin' Thank Button, We Got This ......... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 4:58 pm

I know!! It still makes me laugh! Smile I found it when I was looking for smileys. I had to have it!
Back to top Go down
Kitiara

Kitiara

PostSubject: Re: We Don't Need No Stinkin' Thank Button, We Got This .........   We Don't Need No Stinkin' Thank Button, We Got This ......... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 5:48 pm

I think the thread starter can only thank other people who have replied in their thread.
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: We Don't Need No Stinkin' Thank Button, We Got This .........   We Don't Need No Stinkin' Thank Button, We Got This ......... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 6:23 pm

Kitiara wrote:
I think the thread starter can only thank other people who have replied in their thread.

Yes, that is correct. And the thread starter is the only person that can thank on that thread. Nobody else will even see a thank button.
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: We Don't Need No Stinkin' Thank Button, We Got This .........   We Don't Need No Stinkin' Thank Button, We Got This ......... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 6:39 pm

Has anyone tried using the multi quote button? I turned it on but I wasn't really clear about what it did.
Back to top Go down
Kitiara

Kitiara

PostSubject: Re: We Don't Need No Stinkin' Thank Button, We Got This .........   We Don't Need No Stinkin' Thank Button, We Got This ......... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 6:44 pm

Maybe it allow you to quote from more than one post in a thread?

OK, I just did a little test. If you click on multi-quote for the posts that you want to quote, you will see them when you click on the "Post Reply" button, It doesn't look like they will show up in the quick reply box at the bottom of the page.
Back to top Go down
r3m0

r3m0

PostSubject: Re: We Don't Need No Stinkin' Thank Button, We Got This .........   We Don't Need No Stinkin' Thank Button, We Got This ......... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 7:41 pm

Delfi wrote:
Has anyone tried using the multi quote button? I turned it on but I wasn't really clear about what it did.

Kitiara wrote:
Maybe it allow you to quote from more than one post in a thread?

OK, I just did a little test. If you click on multi-quote for the posts that you want to quote, you will see them when you click on the "Post Reply" button, It doesn't look like they will show up in the quick reply box at the bottom of the page.

this is good to know... and no thank button! i was all We Don't Need No Stinkin' Thank Button, We Got This ......... 1188067528
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We Don't Need No Stinkin' Thank Button, We Got This .........   We Don't Need No Stinkin' Thank Button, We Got This ......... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We Don't Need No Stinkin' Thank Button, We Got This .........
Page 1 of 1