Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The International Year of Light

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

The International Year of Light Empty
PostSubject: The International Year of Light   The International Year of Light I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 7:45 am

I'll look for when/where the U.N. may have proclaimed the same.

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: The International Year of Light   The International Year of Light I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 8:10 am

"OPEN SESAME" 

"Open Sesame" (Arabic: افتح يا سمسم‎ iftaḥ yā simsim, French: Sésame, ouvre-toi) is a magical phrase in the story of "Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves" in One Thousand and One Nights. It opens the mouth of a cave in which forty thieves have hidden a treasure.   Wiki

Modern and not so modern 'programming'?:

Video game for PS3  called "Open Sesame-Dragon's Crown"

Nov. 26, 1937 Popeye (I yam what I yam) takes on 'Abu Hassan and his forty theives'.

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: The International Year of Light   The International Year of Light I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 8:40 am

http://spie.org/x112309.xml

The U.N. 2015 program, "The International Year of Light and light-based technologies", kicked off in Paris-the 'City of Light'.

I wish this Nobel laureate hadn't been invited to speak:

" it (light)is a source of artistic inspiration for visual artists and musicians, and plays a role in most of the world's theologies. Light is also the source of life, pointed out renowned Mexican architect Gustavo Avilés, saying, "Light is the sex act between Earth and the sky."

Another 'esteemed' speaker: "Ziad Aldrees, Saudi Arabia's Ambassador and Permanent Delegate to UNESCO, harkened back to the scientific contributions of Ibn al-Haytham, whose seminal Book of Optics was written around 1015, and others working in the "Golden Age" of Muslim civilization."
~~~
From Wiki:
The IYL 2015 launched at the UNESCO headquarters in Paris on 19 January 2015, with the unveiling of 1001 Inventions and the World of Ibn Al-Haytham which is a global campaign that includes a series of interactive exhibits, workshops and live shows about Ibn Al-Haytham's achievements in optics, mathematics and astronomy, and his importance in laying the foundations of the present day scientific experimental method. The campaign was created by the 1001 Inventions organisation, which is a founding partner of the International Year of Light. [9].
As part of the international campaign, UNESCO will also host an exhibition and a conference, to take place on 14 September 2015, titled The Islamic Golden Age of Science for the Knowledge-Based Society.

Back to top Go down
Kitiara

Kitiara

PostSubject: Re: The International Year of Light   The International Year of Light I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 6:36 pm

Dove wrote:

I wish this Nobel laureate hadn't been invited to speak:

"...Light is also the source of life, pointed out renowned Mexican architect Gustavo Avilés, saying, "Light is the sex act between Earth and the sky."

faceypalm
Back to top Go down
Internet Pilgrim

Internet Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: The International Year of Light   The International Year of Light I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 1:59 pm

This is ominous indeed. They might as well proclaim it the year of Lucifer and have it out in the open. Thank you for posting.
Oh, I just watched the video and see they have named it that in the alternative. Out in the open for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The International Year of Light   The International Year of Light I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The International Year of Light
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: