Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ATHEISTS WIN TEN COMMANDMENTS BATTLE

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

ATHEISTS WIN TEN COMMANDMENTS BATTLE Empty
PostSubject: ATHEISTS WIN TEN COMMANDMENTS BATTLE   ATHEISTS WIN TEN COMMANDMENTS BATTLE I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 7:21 am

FAITH UNDER FIRE

Intimidating letter accomplishes purpose in classroom dispute
Published: 11 hours ago

ATHEISTS WIN TEN COMMANDMENTS BATTLE 130412breathitt-340x170

A Kentucky school district is yanking down multiple displays of the Ten Commandments after an atheist organization sent the county a letter warning the plaques were unconstitutional.

The Freedom From Religion Foundation, or FFRF, a Wisconsin-based organization of “freethinkers” – explained on the group’s website as atheists, agnostics and skeptics devoted to spreading nontheism – told Kentucky’s Breathitt County School District it had received complaints about the displays.

Earlier this week, the district agreed to take down the displays, which had reportedly hung on area high school, middle school and several elementary schools’ walls for years.

The school district’s decision to comply with the FFRF letter has upset some area residents.

“I am totally against it,” Mary Campbell told WYMT-TV of Hazard, Ky. “I think that we need the Ten Commandments in the schools. I think all kids should learn it. It is everybody’s choice what they believe.”

Join WND, and other readers, to support a campaign to post the Ten Commandments on billboards all across the United States.

“They shouldn’t have [taken] them down,” agreed Julia Watts. “I had them when I went to school at Breathitt High. I think they should stay up.”

The Kentucky Board of Education, however, released a statement affirming the district’s decision.

“The display of religious materials, such as a painting of a religious figure or a copy of the Ten Commandments, in a public school violates the U.S. Constitution’s prohibition on the establishment or endorsement of religion by a public agency,” the state asserted. “A school or district that displays copies of the Ten Commandments without the inclusion of other historical documents and not as part of a historical/comparative display is in violation of the U.S. Constitution.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/04/atheists-win-ten-commandments-battle/#6RR6REmwMrMuGguJ.99
Back to top Go down
Spyro

Spyro

PostSubject: Re: ATHEISTS WIN TEN COMMANDMENTS BATTLE   ATHEISTS WIN TEN COMMANDMENTS BATTLE I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 7:33 am

This doesn't bother me that much.

Displaying them in public doesn't bring people to Christ or edify those that are carnal minded, it annoys them.

Those who believe in and seek out the Lord will find Him and His commandments in the Bible, those that read the Commandments gain knowledge of God's standard of Good and Evil.

The carnal mind cannot understand spiritual things.

Curiosity is the inheritance of mankind. Frequently we want to know something only because it needs to be kept secret.

Just as luck appears in three so does misfortune. Because you don't want to see it, you don't see it coming. Even if you notice it you don't say anything, and if you're told you don't listen. Then boom, the end comes. In our world, if you miss the first sign you're dead let alone all three signs

My blog: http://timeisdistance.blogspot.co.uk/
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: ATHEISTS WIN TEN COMMANDMENTS BATTLE   ATHEISTS WIN TEN COMMANDMENTS BATTLE I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 9:03 am

And apparently atheists cannot understand the Constitution....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ATHEISTS WIN TEN COMMANDMENTS BATTLE   ATHEISTS WIN TEN COMMANDMENTS BATTLE I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: