Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Defining sin in 21st century America

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jumpstart

jumpstart

Defining sin in 21st century America Empty
PostSubject: Defining sin in 21st century America   Defining sin in 21st century America I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 9:20 am

This article is making several points with regard to the horrific South Carolina killings but in the process the author makes the point that in the post Christian culture in America we define sin and identify the remedy, allowing everyone to check it off and move along; having solved our sin(s) in our own capacity(s). No need for a savior or commandments any longer; the culture defines and cures its sins.

portion of the article:

For some reason, 100% of media types (give or take) dealt with their feelings of anger and powerlessness in the aftermath of the racist murders of 9 black members of Emanuel AME Church in Charleston, South Carolina, by calling in unison for a removal of a Confederate flag from South Carolina’s capitol grounds. The flag was only put up during the centenary of the Civil War and a modified version was moved to a less conspicuous place about 15 years ago. Republican Gov. Nikki Haley called for its removal on Monday, as have many other politicians. Russell Moore of the Southern Baptist Convention called for its removal earlier. Sure, sounds good. Go for it. Even acknowledging that the relationship of the flag to the people of South Carolina is a bit more complicated than outsiders can understand, I think it’s fair to argue the negative outweighs any positive there.
A lot of the surrounding media-led outrage over the flag seems somewhat cold, given the horror of what last week brought. We had nine black people brutally murdered because they were black and sitting in a church with a history of fighting white supremacy. With all due deference to hatred for a Confederate flag on a pole at the statehouse, this seems like an almost childlike attempt to miss the seriousness of the situation. It’s as if they expect us to say, “Congratulations! You oppose the flag of an army that was defeated 150 years ago. We’re all very proud of you, journalists!” This generation seems to excel at inventing controversies, weighing in on those invented controversies, and then patting itself on the back for being so courageous and open-minded.

The far more frightening reality that such invented controversies avoid is that mankind is full of sin, and that some of us show that sinfulness in racism and murder. Or as Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn wrote in The Gulag Archipelago:

“If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?”

The murderer of the Emanuel nine has done something particularly bad, but he isn’t the only person capable of evil out there. And getting rid of a flag is hardly the remedy for the racism and violence that infects our culture. How juvenile to think otherwise.

Link:
http://thefederalist.com/2015/06/23/congratulations-you-oppose-the-confederate-flag-now-what/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defining sin in 21st century America   Defining sin in 21st century America I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 11:28 am

Removal of the Confederate flag and the uproar it has created is one of the most ridiculous things i’ve ever witnessed. First of all, the “Civil” War was not about slavery. It was about DC’s note being due to the City of London and the succession of the southern States due to their mistreatment over this matter, which by the way they had every right to do.

The slaves were never freed, they were made subjects of DC, and then we all were. So the result of the war is that we are now ALL slaves. Funny how they don’t teach you that in school. The Confederate flag represents succession.

i don’t doubt that there are racist white people, and i don’t doubt that there are racist black people. Hating someone who is causing no harm just because they are different than yourself obviously comes from an evil source. However, there does appear to be a war on people of the white persuasion going on by TPB. The fact that this event took place simultaneously with a military drill is beyond suspicious. That it is now being used for creating white-hate, race-baiting, and gun-grabbing is very suspicious as well. To remove a symbol of succession from TPB while they're at it, is just icing on the cake.

Setting up a conflict where none existed is the biggest crime of all.

Prayers for the families of the victims and may the poor innocent souls rest in peace.
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Defining sin in 21st century America   Defining sin in 21st century America I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 11:53 am

History test question: What was the cause of the American civil war?

Answer: See Lovisa's answer in the posting above.

In my American history class Lovisa would get an A+. In schools everywhere else in Amerika Lovisa would get a big fat RED F and probably be sent to the principals office, kicked out of school, and be forced to endure hours of "sensitivity training" (brainwashing) before being readmitted back to the government indoctrination center (school) to continue in the government mandated brainwashing.
Back to top Go down
rawblues

rawblues

PostSubject: Re: Defining sin in 21st century America   Defining sin in 21st century America I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 6:29 pm

Lovisa and researcher, you are both correct.  My great grandfather on my dad's side served in the infantry of the Confederacy and my great, great grandfather on my mother's side also served in the Confederacy.   Neither one owned slaves.  Nine years ago through the NBF Sons of Confederates camp #3, I was able to secure a Confederate style granite marker from the Federal Government to be placed at the mass grave where my great grandfather is buried in the Confederate Cemetery in Chattanooga.  I spent nearly four years of researching his service to submit the necessary research data to support his burial location along with the help of the NBF Camp.  Civil War history has been so distorted.   I might add, one of the Confederates buried in the Confederate cemetery was a black soldier from a black regiment that fought for the south.  One of his ancestors is a proud member of the NBF Camp #3 and I was shown his grave during the marker dedication ceremony of my ancestor nine years ago.  That part of black history is never mentioned in the modern books.  By the way, it is now practically impossible to get a customary Confederate marker from the Federal Government anymore.   I'm so glad I did this when I did.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defining sin in 21st century America   Defining sin in 21st century America I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 11:35 am

@ Researcher: chuckle

That was a great story rawblues. i'll bet it was a wonderful experience getting to know your great grandfathers and honoring them that way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Defining sin in 21st century America   Defining sin in 21st century America I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Defining sin in 21st century America
Page 1 of 1