Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Using Ancient DNA, Researchers Unravel the Mystery of Machu Picchu

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Using Ancient DNA, Researchers Unravel the Mystery of Machu Picchu  Empty
PostSubject: Using Ancient DNA, Researchers Unravel the Mystery of Machu Picchu    Using Ancient DNA, Researchers Unravel the Mystery of Machu Picchu  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 5:42 pm

Using Ancient DNA, Researchers Unravel the Mystery of Machu Picchu  MACUPICU30-GWT-SOPIE_MUIR-1080x-IMG_1767

Dramatically perched on an Andes mountain ridge some 8,000 feet above sea level in Peru, Machu Picchu is a visual wonder and a technical masterpiece. “It is breathtaking,” said Brenda Bradley, an associate professor of anthropology at the George Washington University.
Back to top Go down

Using Ancient DNA, Researchers Unravel the Mystery of Machu Picchu  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Ancient DNA, Researchers Unravel the Mystery of Machu Picchu    Using Ancient DNA, Researchers Unravel the Mystery of Machu Picchu  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 6:20 pm

The artifacts remained in the US until 2012 when they were sent back to Peru. Before returning the skeletons, they scrambled to collect DNA samples from the bones. They are hoping to sequence DNA from the samples...

It is now the end of 2015. Not to rush them or anything but I’m thinking they might come up with Y-DNA R1b.

Picchu - The Pictones (Picts) lived in Gaul (middle left) in the area of Poitou. Above the Pictones and the Liger river, you’ll coincidentally find a group called the Andes.

Using Ancient DNA, Researchers Unravel the Mystery of Machu Picchu  Gaul10
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: