Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What Does it Take to Wake Up the American Electorate?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Internet Pilgrim

Internet Pilgrim

What Does it Take to Wake Up the American Electorate? Empty
PostSubject: What Does it Take to Wake Up the American Electorate?   What Does it Take to Wake Up the American Electorate? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2015 7:53 pm

facepalm I have a new article on Michael Wilson's Preaching Politics website:

I hope everyone will read it (and watch the embedded video, even though it isn't short) and that all will be as understanding and gracious as he was when he read my confession within the article.  Here's a few excerpts:

Quote :

For the last couple of years, I’ve been a poll worker for each election. Although I’m a Christian and love not only Jesus but this nation, after this past election, I must confess to a fall from grace – I was so disheartened that I went out and got blind drunk. Maybe a Christian shouldn’t admit to such disobedience and discouragement, but it was so bad that for a time I couldn’t get past it because I could see the future clearly, and it was a depressing vision. Beyond that, I knew why the things I’d witnessed were occurring, and I also knew that despite my prayers, the downward spiral only had begun.

What Does it Take to Wake Up the American Electorate? Header-repentance1

What set off this plunge into such despair and sin? After the polls closed, I was assigned to open and record the absentee ballots. I live in a rural county, with good people who love this country and who lead good lives. Yet it’s a Democratic county. That’s not to say all Democrats are evil, but I’d just watched many of those Planned Parenthood exposé videos, where there was clear evidence that children were being killed and that laws were being broken merely so abortionists could garner the most intact specimens of body parts for sale, in order to gain the most profit.

Watching people come into the polls for thirteen hours, I knew that if most of them had seen those videos they’d be appalled, just as I was. I also knew that they’d never vote for anyone who would sanction such horrendous evil and inhumanity. Yet in this election there were a number of judicial seats open, so at lunchtime I rushed home, and within five minutes I’d found statements by all of the candidates as to whether they agreed that this should be stopped, or whether, in the politically correct view of the day, they found nothing wrong with the practices gleefully discussed in those videos. When I went back, I voted accordingly. Not surprisingly, all of those who sanctioned Planned Parenthood and their methods were Democrats. I voted Republican for all of the judicial candidates – not because of their party affiliation, but because of their statements on the morality of what had been exposed.

I have no way of knowing how any individual who came to the polls that day voted. But when I opened the absentee ballots, I found that nearly everyone who voted with absentee ballots had voted straight party – and that meant that although there were a couple of people voting for candidates who stood against what Planned Parenthood was doing because they voted straight Republican, far more voted for judicial candidates who supported Planned Parenthood. I’m certain they had no idea what their votes really meant, because as I said, most are good people – farmers, retirees, laborers, etc. They merely voted their party – the party of their parents, which they’d been taught to loyally support. But it’s no longer the party they were raised to trust and believe in, though they haven’t seen that because they aren’t paying attention.

I can’t condemn them for that, in one sense. We all are raised with a certain worldview and we tend to follow that unless something comes along to shake us out of our complacence. Yet for most people that disturbance never occurs, so we go along as we always have, thinking that what we’ve been taught is right and that our roots are strong enough to ensure the continuation of all we’ve known or believed in.

But if that ever was true, it isn’t so any longer, not in today’s world. Evil has grown ubiquitous; it’s everywhere, and it’s intruding on all that once made us feel secure. To overcome it takes strength, courage, and a willingness to step outside of our training in order to dig deeper, to see what’s really going on around us and to investigate. If we don’t do that, what we’re doing is falling into the trap described by Edmund Burke; "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." But all of that takes commitment...

Back to top Go down
Internet Pilgrim

Internet Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: What Does it Take to Wake Up the American Electorate?   What Does it Take to Wake Up the American Electorate? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 8:18 am

I've decided to add two of the paragraphs further down in the article, and ask that anyone who takes my call for action to heart and acts on what I've asked, let us know through a post here. I'd like to believe that someone is listening and being moved to take steps to save this country by what I've written:

Quote :
"If you care about retaining the Judeo-Christian values that have made life so good in America, and if you want any sense of cultural and social unity to remain in this nation, then CALL your Congressman before December 16th. That’s the day when they vote on the Omnibus Budget bill for the next year. Insist that they include Rep. Brian Babin’s amendment (H.R. 3314) to halt all resettlement until the impact has been thoroughly explored. Demand they remove any provisions to fund more Muslim immigration until we honestly can separate the active jihadists from the others, (something which probably can’t be done) and determine the financial impact all of this will have on our nation. Then pray that God will have mercy on us and bring revival.

If you’re worried that doing this goes against the American principle to, “Give us your tired, your poor, your hungry, your huddled masses yearning to be free,” then think again. When that was written, immigrants were those who shared our faith and values, merely wanting a better way of life. They came here to learn the language and to assimilate; their goal wasn’t to infiltrate in order to destroy our society and replace our Constitution with Sharia Law, and our faith with Islam. But there’s a simple solution for those who worry about totally blocking immigration – when you call your Congressman, demand that if they are going to resettle refugees, they take only Christians. Is that legal? Certainly. Is it the smart and morally correct thing to do? Absolutely. And if you’re unwilling to do that, you’d better join me in repentance by getting on your face before God. "

Back to top Go down
Internet Pilgrim

Internet Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: What Does it Take to Wake Up the American Electorate?   What Does it Take to Wake Up the American Electorate? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 3:23 pm

This also has been published on the Hagmann website, for those familiar with the Hagmann and Hagmann report:

http://www.hagmannandhagmann.com/

and specifically:
http://www.hagmannandhagmann.com/archives/2879 cheers
Back to top Go down
Dr. Rita

PostSubject: Re: What Does it Take to Wake Up the American Electorate?   What Does it Take to Wake Up the American Electorate? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2015 7:06 pm

I go to vote every day. I try to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with my patients daily. I go on Saturdays knocking doors to share the Gospel . I am ready to open the scriptures to show the way of salvation thru faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ and / or plant seeds for others to harvest into the Kingdom of God . The Holy Spirit then works on them to abhor abortion and the insanity of open boarders. So this is what I do Internet Pilgrim .
Back to top Go down
Internet Pilgrim

Internet Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: What Does it Take to Wake Up the American Electorate?   What Does it Take to Wake Up the American Electorate? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2015 7:13 pm

I thank God for people like you who are motivated, Dr. Rita... but I pray you'll also call your congressman to ask that funding for Muslim immigration be withheld since otherwise, our culture and our security will never be the same. They don't assimilate, their whole religion is based on infiltrating and destroying. In contrast, Assyrian Christians are being subjected to genocide in the Middle East, and our government is arresting and deporting them when they try to gain asylum here. We have to speak out about this, and demand that our representatives take action!

You're active in working to spread the gospel, you're just the kind of people we need to speak out!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Does it Take to Wake Up the American Electorate?   What Does it Take to Wake Up the American Electorate? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 7:15 pm

Pretty sure we can't vote our way out of this problem ...
protest our way out,
or even fight our way out. 
beat dead horse
Prayer might work.
Separating yourself from the problem might work too.
Just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
Internet Pilgrim

Internet Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: What Does it Take to Wake Up the American Electorate?   What Does it Take to Wake Up the American Electorate? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 7:26 pm

Prayer is fine, but it isn't enough alone. We're called to stand and fight...

"Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone." James 2:17
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Does it Take to Wake Up the American Electorate?   What Does it Take to Wake Up the American Electorate? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1