Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bigger than the Higgs, bigger even than gravitational waves…

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Bigger than the Higgs, bigger even than gravitational waves… Empty
PostSubject: Bigger than the Higgs, bigger even than gravitational waves…   Bigger than the Higgs, bigger even than gravitational waves… I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 4:41 pm

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2078975-bigger-than-the-higgs-bigger-even-than-gravitational-waves/

2 March 2016
It looks like the LHC may have found a surprise massive particle that gives a glimpse into a better – and entirely unexpected – theory of reality
Bigger than the Higgs, bigger even than gravitational waves… Final-colour-1200x800
Has the LHC caught a glimpse of a new theory of reality?
Stuart Patience

IF IT is anything, it is what Gian Giudice has been waiting for his entire scientific life. “We are not talking about a confirmation of an established theory, but about opening a door into an unknown and unexplored world,” says Giudice, a theoretical particle physicist based at CERN near Geneva, Switzerland.

That’s if it turns out to be anything. At the moment, all we have are hints emerging from the debris of collisions within CERN’s showpiece particle smasher, the Large Hadron Collider. But if those hints firm up in the course of the coming weeks and months, it could be the big one. Forget the Higgs, forget even gravitational waves: 2016 could go down as the year when a new picture of nature’s fundamental workings was unveiled.
The hopes spring from two “bumps” that have appeared independently, in the same place, in the latest data from the LHC’s two big detectors, ATLAS and CMS. They point to the existence of a particle that dwarfs even the Higgs boson, the giver-of-mass particle discovered at CERN in July 2012.
The Higgs was a milestone, but ultimately one that marked the end of a road. It was the last particle to be found of those predicted by the standard model of particle physics. This clutch of sophisticated equations matches every experimental result to date with exquisite precision, and explains the workings of three of the fundamental forces of nature: electromagnetism and the weak and strong nuclear forces ...
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Bigger than the Higgs, bigger even than gravitational waves…   Bigger than the Higgs, bigger even than gravitational waves… I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 6:05 pm

"Has the LHC caught a glimpse of a new theory of reality?"

Big Chuckles....parallel universe is very, very Biblical.
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Bigger than the Higgs, bigger even than gravitational waves…   Bigger than the Higgs, bigger even than gravitational waves… I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 7:57 pm

AAARRRRG!!! Bigger than Higgs and bigger than gravity waves and most definitely bigger than my wallet! If anyone finds the ENTIRE article or any other info please post a link. This is only a partial story and to get the entire thing requires subscribing starting at $21.99 and it does sound like an interesting story indeed.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

!! FOXTROT JULIET BRAVO !!
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Bigger than the Higgs, bigger even than gravitational waves…   Bigger than the Higgs, bigger even than gravitational waves… I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 8:02 am

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down
murray leslie

murray leslie

PostSubject: Re: Bigger than the Higgs, bigger even than gravitational waves…   Bigger than the Higgs, bigger even than gravitational waves… I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 3:56 pm

hmmm, what to think?..
Back to top Go down
murray leslie

murray leslie

PostSubject: Re: Bigger than the Higgs, bigger even than gravitational waves…   Bigger than the Higgs, bigger even than gravitational waves… I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 5:59 pm

when i heard the explanation for gravity waves, it sounded like or as the explanation for the big bang..

they just make stuff up, and tell you its a thing, not provable, not science, but like evolution...
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Bigger than the Higgs, bigger even than gravitational waves…   Bigger than the Higgs, bigger even than gravitational waves… I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 12:52 pm

OK folksies I've been trying to investigate this topic for a few days. I just found a video from DAHBOO7 that in his notes on YouTube linked to another article. (re-linked below) For all us bubbling propeller-heads check the link and video below for more interesting info. I'm hopeful that the future will provide even more in depth info on this. Stay tuned.

http://www.sciencealert.com/the-2-most-dangerous-numbers-in-the-universe-could-signal-the-end-of-physics

NOTE: I personally take most things originating from DAHBOO7 with a HUGE grain of salt. (more like an entire salt mine) Discern!

https://youtu.be/5cdofErGWPo

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

!! FOXTROT JULIET BRAVO !!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bigger than the Higgs, bigger even than gravitational waves…   Bigger than the Higgs, bigger even than gravitational waves… I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: