Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Scoffers Abound

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Scoffers Abound Empty
PostSubject: Scoffers Abound   Scoffers Abound I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 6:11 am

Scoffers Abound

By Jan Markell

www.olivetreeviews.org

Excuse me while I rant. I think Bible prophecy gets a bad rap. I think that those of us who long for Jesus' return are marginalized in the church today. I even think there is a war on Bible prophecy starting in our seminaries. The carnage is played out in our churches that across-the-board stay away from the subject. The fact that the King is coming is seen as bad news to many because the event is shrouded in the world's bad news.

But my perplexity goes beyond this. As a ministry, we have asked ourselves just how we can get the under age 45 crowd out to our events. Todd Strandberg of Rapture Ready writes about this as well. He says, "Every time I go to a prophecy conference, I can't help but notice the sea of gray hair in the main meeting room. A few years back, at a conference in South Carolina, there wasn't a single person under age 50 -- and we had over 500 people in attendance."

Strandberg concludes, "I'm very concerned about the state of leadership in the field of prophecy. I'm 47, and I am a spring chicken when compared to the ages of my peers."

So I threw the dilemma out to my radio listeners this past weekend. I asked that if they were of the "younger generation," and loved the topic of eschatology (end-times), would you please send me a note? I cannot say that I am inundated! I've had less than a dozen replies thus far. Here are a few examples.

Nick is 27 and writes, "I'm very concerned with the young generation. We are moving into the 'end times' at such a rapid rate and this young generation is in a coma." Those are his words, not mine! I am certain that not every young person is in that condition. /span>

Mike is 34 and writes, "You asked on your program today for young people to let you know if end-time prophecy is an issue. End-time prophecy is not AN issue, it is THE issue. You can look at it as I do as the blessed hope or you can look at it as frightening."

Ashley writes, "I am completely enthralled about learning about end times and how events in our world are carrying us closer to the return of our King. It thrills me!! Most of my (young) friends know nothing about it and have little desire to learn. They say it scares them. Personally though, I am filled with hope that we could be caught up with Jesus and not have to taste death. I can't wait to meet Jesus face to face!"

Russ, who is 32, writes, "It is surprising to me that there are so many people I have tried to talk to about prophecy who have brushed me off by saying that they consider it 'doomsday talk.' It is difficult to get anyone to even talk about it. Even my own family doesn't want to hear about it and this includes all ages."

Jenni writes, "I am 37 and want you to know that we ARE out here! I also thought I'd let you know that my 14 year old daughter is also just as interested in both the Rapture and end-time prophecy, and has become quite a missionary for Christ! One of our other favorite sites is Rapture Ready. Thanks for having Terry James on."

Leah made my day by writing, "I see a real remnant among the church here in our military community who are actively searching Bible prophecy and discussing end-time things. We belong to a Bible study and I have personally had many conversations with some of the 30+ folks that attend, mostly the other young moms, and am surprised at how many of us really are feeling the urgency in the air. Many of us have taken our kids out of public school and are homeschooling in order to get our kids grounded in God's Word so that they can take a stand in their faith, whatever comes. Your broadcast has helped us to ask important questions about our times and what our stance should be. THANK YOU! Take heart, the next generation does, indeed, have a remnant that is awake, listening and watching for Christ's return. God Bless!"

These few replies out of a potential audience of millions, tells me there is a problem. I am told that younger people want to "live out their life." This world is not our home and I thought we didn't WANT it to be our home. This is the home of the Antichrist and everything evil. If I am off base here, I am hoping folks will tell me so!

Another e-mail emphasizes how terrified young mothers are concerning our times. They simply interpret all current/prophetic events as doom and gloom. Their world and their families must not be touched. See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil. A sanitized world!

Then there are the mockers. Grant writes to me saying,
"An early 30's pastor friend of mine I brought to your conference 2 years ago openly scoffed at what was said and argued against a lot of it when I tried to show him the realities of what is happening in this world today. I don't have a lot of people to discuss these topics with."

Eschatology spells out the devil's demise and thus he is putting up a war against it. So the world asks -- and scoffs, "Where is the promise of His coming?" just as the Bible predicted in II Peter 3:4. Don't bother me with this info. Don't depress me with it. Don't enlighten me with it. Don't bore me with it!

God has asked us to be His ambassadors in this depraved world. He asks us to stand for truth; to be light in the dark; to be salt in a world that is decaying. He asks us to distribute hope.

When you review all the road signs of the Olivet Discourse, Jesus was giving us some warnings, not to scare us, but to prepare us. A loving God keeps us informed on the days prior to the era of Antichrist. The warning is not to give in or to give up, but to endure.

Whether anybody gets excited about it or not, Jesus is coming again and soon. Whether those who are excited about that are young, middle age, or old, is irrelevant. His coming will be right on time. Then the final days will play out exactly as the Bible outlines. It's a sure thing that those days will be frightful.

Let's prepare ourselves for perilous times. We're in them. The signs of the times are screaming at us! As a headline reads that I posted to our Web site headlines early today, "The Rapidity With Which the World Is Descending Into Chaos Is Amazing."

That is why God's end-time promises are so important and why it is tragic that they are now marginalized.
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

Scoffers Abound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scoffers Abound   Scoffers Abound I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 8:32 am

From the article:
Russ, who is 32, writes, "It is surprising to me that there are so many people I have tried to talk to about prophecy who have brushed me off by saying that they consider it 'doomsday talk.' It is difficult to get anyone to even talk about it. Even my own family doesn't want to hear about it and this includes all ages."

We've all experienced that, and here's why I think we're making a
mistake; missing God's Purpose......

DOOM isn't the message. SALVATION is THE message.
God's message to the world.

Heaven forbid nobody gets to the real message because the
other is lost by the 'endtimes' talk. That's the wrong order of
things.

WE know what's happening and what's coming because GOD SAID
He would do no such thing without first telling His People.

But WE aren't Old Testament people, calling anyone in the world
to arms.
WE, as watchers, point to the Cross, BECAUSE He is the Way, Truth and Life.
HE made a Way when there was No Way.
And HE said, Pray that ye be found worthy to escape all these things
which are coming upon the whole world.

1 Peter 3:8 Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:

9 Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.

10 For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:

11 Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.

12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

13 And who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good?

14 But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;

15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

16 Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down
Warrior Shepard

Warrior Shepard

Scoffers Abound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scoffers Abound   Scoffers Abound I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 4:55 pm

Our seminaries like to teach preachers to keep prophecy in a book and not in actual life. It's a forked-tongue message in how it is preached as a living word and at the same time not to be looked for in current events. If you should press them on this look for other responses. The one I received was, hey don't get so caught up in this look more into how to evangelize and spread the gospel. This is a worthy goal and also a command in the scriptures that we are to follow. However, we don't get our marching orders from the pulpit. That sounds harsh, but any true minister should be pointing you to The Shepard. His sheep are them who 'follow wherever He shall go.' That means the pulpit preacher doesn't get to decide where the shepherd sends you or leads you. He should be telling you and encouraging you to follow Him even if that preacher doesn't understand themselves where you are being led. I have a problem with the preacher that wants to dominate your thinking pattern and tells you how to think. Those are the adversaries tactics and have no place in the body of Christ. This is also done subtly by making you feel uncomfortable for not agreeing with the direction of conversation(s) by debasing your thoughts or opinions. I've been in church my whole life. I love my brothers and sisters there who have raised me in the faith and sacrificed to bring me up in the Word of God. They should get their rewards! I also know, too, that they are men and woman who themselves are not perfect and for this the same grace ought to be extended to them. There is also a warning about breaking the unity of a congregation so any matter ought to be taken to the Father and follow His directions when we have a problem with a brother or a sister privately. If they will not hear you then you take another with you as witness.

My point is this; We are free in Christ Jesus. He has a plan for each of us. That means that He will equip and speak to us if we let Him. What He shows us may be something that another servant has not yet seen or does not yet comprehend. That means it goes both ways and I should allow for this in my heart as well. The rubber meets the road when there is no doubt in your heart about what you have been given by our Father in heaven and you are to carry it out or speak of that which you have been told. We don't get to choose who the seed falls on. We are only told to scatter it. Some will reject, some will despise and some will call it foolishness. But, others will hear and come to repentance or understanding! The end for you will be, were you obedient to your calling?

"Woe to you who make your neighbors drink, Who mix in your venom even to make them drunk so as to look on their nakedness! You will be filled with disgrace rather than honor. Now you yourself drink and expose your own nakedness." Habakkuk 2:15
Back to top Go down
rawblues

rawblues

Scoffers Abound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scoffers Abound   Scoffers Abound I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 6:05 pm

1 Peter 3:8-16

Those are great verses Dove.
Back to top Go down

Scoffers Abound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scoffers Abound   Scoffers Abound I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 11:16 pm

Hmm. I wonder what the two witnesses will have to say. sheep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scoffers Abound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scoffers Abound   Scoffers Abound I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scoffers Abound
Page 1 of 1