Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What Happens When The Stockpile Is Gone And There’s Nothing Available To Eat

Go down 
AuthorMessage

What Happens When The Stockpile Is Gone And There’s Nothing Available To Eat Empty
PostSubject: What Happens When The Stockpile Is Gone And There’s Nothing Available To Eat   What Happens When The Stockpile Is Gone And There’s Nothing Available To Eat I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 10:46 am

http://www.survivalonline101.com/happens-stockpile-gone-theres-nothing-available/

[size=31]What Happens When The Stockpile Is Gone And There’s Nothing Available To Eat[/size]

What Happens When The Stockpile Is Gone And There’s Nothing Available To Eat 02a121a7d2ec6c19735d4f2a4c8a24c6-food-networktrisha-things-to
POSTED BY: TED SEPTEMBER 22, 2017
It can be hard to imagine a looming food crisis when you can walk into your local grocery store and see shelves overflowing with abundance. You can find easily find everything you need, and plenty that you don’t.
But don’t let the full shelves fool you. While the sky may not actually be falling, the world is facing a food shortage. It’s only a matter of time until it hits. Until then, the government wants you to keep walking into the stores, feeling like everything is fine.
In the aftermath of a major crisis, just about anything can happen to your food supply.  This may include unexpected spoilage, theft, or other factors that cause your food supply to go dangerously low or run out.
You will need to be successful at hunting and foraging at least two weeks before supplies run out.
Basic Nutrients and What Happens When you Miss Them
There are 6 main nutrient areas required for good health: proteins (used for building and maintaining the body), carbohydrates (used for energy), fats (used for storage), fiber (no nutritional value, but keeps bowels healthy), and vitamins and minerals (used in just about every bodily process for signaling, beginning, and ending processes).
When you don’t have enough food, and those basic nutrients disappear from your diet, your body will react, as soon as the first signs of starvation appear.
Week 1: You become very hungry, angry, grumpy, irritable. You will begin to lose water weight, which triggers the body to start using fat reserves. Fat will burn immediately if you do not get enough carbohydrates to fuel the body.
This can set up a dangerous situation early on that causes kidney damage. Even if you are catching animals or consuming fish, it is extremely important to find a reliable source of fruit, greens, grain, or other plant based foods that will provide adequate carbohydrates since meat and fish tend to have little, if any usable carbohydrates.
Week 2: You start to get very depressed and begin to feel useless. There is an obvious loss of weight and a noticeable decline in muscle mass because the body is using muscles for protein to keep major organs functioning. Kidneys and liver will begin shutting down, eating will produce stomach pain and nausea.
Week 3: People start acting very crazy and would consider doing things that they normally would not do. Some may have starvation euphoria or other hallucinations at this stage, and perhaps even sooner depending on body weight at the beginning of the starvation period.
The body begins to swell from fluid under the skin. Victim may have bad diarrhea, and the stomach becomes unable to digest food due to decrease in stomach acid production.
Week 4: You have no energy. All that is left is to hang on and hope that you will make it. Most victims have hallucinations, go into convulsions, have horrible muscle pain, and unbelievable cramps through-out the body.

The ’More Affordable Solar Power – Renewable Energy’ is coming to an end. government confirms all shareholders are selling hard after this weird cheap solution popped on the radar. And they have every reason to…

More than 50000 Americans  are using the system in their homes… (and that’s just in the last three months). They get unlimited energy for less than 1$ cents a day…Without paying one nickel more to their electricity provider! If you’re skeptical… Just watch this short video… and you’ll be able to cut your power bills to almost ZERO in just 15 minutes!

What Happens When The Stockpile Is Gone And There’s Nothing Available To Eat Learn-How-to-get-FREE-Electric-Power-for-your-Home-1
How to Survive for Two Weeks if Your Food Supply Is Gone
Once you enter the first day with reduced food, there will be What Happens When The Stockpile Is Gone And There’s Nothing Available To Eat

POSTED BY: TED SEPTEMBER 22, 2017
It can be hard to imagine a looming food crisis when you can walk into your local grocery store and see shelves overflowing with abundance. You can find easily find everything you need, and plenty that you don’t.
Back to top Go down

What Happens When The Stockpile Is Gone And There’s Nothing Available To Eat Empty
PostSubject: Wandering The Wasteland After The Collapse   What Happens When The Stockpile Is Gone And There’s Nothing Available To Eat I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:10 am

I DON'T KNOW WHY EVERYONE OVER LOOKS THE DEER CART AS A EASY WAY TO CARRY WHAT THEY NEED! BUY TWO IF YOU HAVE 4 PEOPLE AND TAKE TURNS!
BUY ONE WITH BIG WHEELS, ROLLS EASIER AND GOES OVER OBSTACLES BETTER (LIKE BRANCHES & ROCKS OR DITCHES).
Ideas=Carry heavy long guns, Fire Wood, Ammo, Backpacks, Injured person or Kids, Food, Water Can, Gas Cans, Chain Saw, USE Imagination!!!
Take the best of any article and save, add more from other articles, they all lack but soon you will have a better idea list, just keep reading right now, it is not a waste of time.. you will think much better later.

https://www.thesurvivalistblog.net/bruce-buckshot-hemming-2/

[size=30]Wandering The Wasteland After The Collapse[/size]

Last updated on September 22, 2017 By Contributor 2 Comments

by Bruce Buckshot Hemming

What Happens When The Stockpile Is Gone And There’s Nothing Available To Eat Apocalyptic-doomsday-preppers[url=http://pinterest.com/pin/create/bookmarklet/?media=https://i1.wp.com/www.thesurvivalistblog.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/apocalyptic-doomsday-preppers.png?resize=300%2C219&ssl=1&url=https://www.thesurvivalistblog.net/bruce-buckshot-hemming-2/&is_video=false&description=apocalyptic doomsday preppers]Save[/url]
I was reading another survival blog when the age-old Semi versus Bolt gun argument came up.”Our character is out wandering around after the Apocalypse ( Wastelands: Stories of the Apocalypse ) and is attacked by dogs. He gallantly fought them off with his SKS. And made the comment that he would have been dead if he had only carried a bolt-action.”

I wrote the Dog attack 3 articles series back in 1999 first published on Captain Dave Survival site. The basic concept was that today people love their dogs so much they would not put them down and let them go. The end result would be huge dog packs attacking and killing people. Since then many writers have put this in books and articles, one guy even used pictures of snares from my website for his article without giving me credit for it. Since I know for a fact I was the first one to explain using snares as a defense against dog packs. The best defense to protect your garden and livestock or game animals would be snared. I would have 10 dozens coyote grade snares.
My latest Novel Grid Down Reality Bites again has using snares for defense against dog packs. When it takes $1000 to fill up your gas tank with hyperinflated dollars or $500 a loaf bread comes from Hyper-inflation as our currency collapses you will be darn glad you learned trapping and snaring skills ahead of time. But back to the gun talk.
Let’s see we have what I call the “Book of Eli” and “The Road” mentality what I call the fantasy survivalist. They assume they can put on their backpack grabbed their SKS and wandered the land like young Grasshopper Cain from the 70’s Kung Fu TV series. A little reality needs to be brought up. One point is the standard carry load for the SKS/ AR is around 200 rounds. I know you think wow I would carry a thousand rounds right. Sure you would for about 100 yards. Then sweating like a stuff pig huffing and puffing you would realize the fact that 200 rounds plus the rest of the survival gear in your Bug out Back Pack are about all you can carry.
When the Backwoodsman interviewed me for an article on just 1 gun to carry I answer two guns. A .22 pistol and trapper Model 30-30. The trapper model is the short barrel lightweight Winchester Model 94. Having carried a rifle all day in the woods you learn a few things like you know in thick brush that a short 30-30 sure is handy. That after hours of walking that lightweight rifle sure beats that heavy SKS. Common sense dictates that the more you work the more you eat. Think about it. You are an engine that needs fuel to keep going. Our fuel is calorie intake. The more you work the more you eat. The more weight you carry the more fuel you need.
We know the real men in the past, like the brave souls from Lewis and Clark, were clearly working for a living. Man was the beast of burden in many cases. How much fuel did they use? I read a journal that said the party would consumer a full-grown 1500 pound buffalo in 2 days each man was eating 5-8 pounds of meat per day. The point being you need a lot of food. The other blog had a great point on bolt versus the semi. You are more likely to run through your ammo quickly with a semi then with a bolt.
A bolt forces you to be more accurate cause deep in your mind you are thinking to make this shot count cause it takes so long to get another round in. Same with the 30-30 lever-action. But with a semiautomatic, you think no big deal I have 9 more shots who cares if I miss(or 29 more in AR/AK). Which means that Young Grasshopper you will be out of ammo for a Semi in a short time.
Now to decide how much ammo to carry will 140-200 rounds of 30-30 ammo. 400 rounds of killed them dead now hard-hitting Remington Yellow Jackets and 100 CCI 40 grain copper plated solid points. I once wasted a lot of time trying to educate a paper shooter on the proper ammo to carry. I recommend above ammo and soft point instead of Full Metal Jacket.
He was part of the Semi-auto the military knows best FMJ ammo is the best crowd. This young 28-year-old got really defensive. When I try to explain that I have lived off the land and have shot 1000’s of animals in my life he attacked calling me a bragger. Ah, the young and the dead. LOL
You see I have shot a lot of animals with 22’s one lesson I learned early on was solid point ripped straight through the animal and did not drop them dead. End result lost animals that escape and died wasting them. Once I switch to yellow jackets the end result was a huge jump in dead right now animals equal more animals in the cooking pot.
But if you try to shoot a deer in the head with the Yellowjacket the rapid expanding hollowpoint will just flatten on the skull not penetrating and the end result will be a deer with a headache. Hence the reason for the solid points. Of course, the 30-30 would be used for deer most of the time but as a backup, in case the 30-30 broke you could still shoot one.
When your life is on the line why risk it. Wandering the wasteland is a fantasy without resupply. But a small hunting camp with a hand pump Water well or maybe a 500-1000 gallon Cistern buried and filled with rainwater off your roof would be a God sent in a true collapse. A wood stove, Axe, Hand saw, and a way to grow a garden would be paradise.
Everyone needs to remember Colonel Tanner  from the Movie Red Dawn(1984)
“You think you’re tough for eating beans every day? There are half a million scarecrows in Denver who’d give anything for one mouthful of what you got. They’ve been under siege for about three months. They live on rats and sawdust bread and sometimes… on each other. At night, the pyres for the dead light up the sky. It’s medieval.”
You could inexpensively use square straw bales and stucco to insulate the heck out of the walls and give some ballistic stopping power. Don’t know how long it would last in a real firefight, or maybe you could use Ram Earth Bricks.
Traps: The 110 conibear is the best small game trap on the market followed by snares. I would go with a solar battery charger and NiNH batteries LED lanterns flashlights and you could have a pretty good life. It comes down to the basics first. Shelter a roof over your head, heat a wood stove, food garden traps snares hunting, water a well or Cistern with a water filter, lights plenty of NiNH batteries solar chargers 3 lanterns 10 flashlights, good knives – I like the Mora of Sweden All Purpose Knife or the  Mora of Sweden Camping & Hiking Knife. For less than $20 you could have a darn good life. Add some Yo-Yo fishing reels to be your traps in the summer months.
If you really get fancy you could have a propane cook stove. 2 – 100-pound cylinders last about 1 year for the average person or 10 months for a small family. Make sure you buy for the house propane cook stove, not the RV ones that use a ton of propane. Flint and Steel for when your matches and lighter runs out.
I just don’t get folks that don’t think this all through. The fantasy wandering the wasteland is a great movie script but is almost impossible in real life. A small 5-acre place like that would be worth its weight in gold or a truckload of Semi-autos with no ammo in the wasteland of a true collapse. Take care of the basic first then everything else is gravy for making your life better.
by Bruce Buckshot Hemming – visit his website for survival trapping information and tools.I just don’t get folks that don’t think this all through. The fantasy wandering the wasteland is a great movie script but is almost impossible in real life. A small 5-acre place like that would be worth its weight in gold or a truckload of Semi-autos with no ammo in the wasteland of a true collapse. Take care of the basic first then everything else is gravy for making your life better.

by Bruce Buckshot Hemming
Back to top Go down

What Happens When The Stockpile Is Gone And There’s Nothing Available To Eat
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: