Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP IS AS ADDICTIVE AS COCAINE

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP IS AS ADDICTIVE AS COCAINE Empty
PostSubject: HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP IS AS ADDICTIVE AS COCAINE   HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP IS AS ADDICTIVE AS COCAINE I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 1:08 pm

http://investmentwatchblog.com/official-high-fructose-corn-syrup-is-as-addictive-as-cocaine/

OFFICIAL: HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP IS AS ADDICTIVE AS COCAINE
May 23rd, 2013

A paper presented at the 2013 Canadian Neuroscience Meeting, the annual meeting of the Canadian Association for Neuroscience – Association Canadienne des Neurosciences (CAN-ACN), says the problem is addiction rather than food wealth – the authors claim that high-fructose corn syrup can cause behavioral reactions in rats similar to those produced by drugs of abuse such as cocaine. It’s the “Food Addiction” hypothesis that has recently become popular, which posits that we could be addicted to food just like drugs.

Addiction happens when drug use shifts from positive reinforcement to the negative kind; drugs are relied on to prevent or relieve negative states that otherwise result from abstinence (e.g., withdrawal) or from adverse environmental circumstances (e.g. stress).

http://www.science20.com/news_articles/high_fructose_corn_syrup_addictive_cocaine_says_researcher-112817
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP IS AS ADDICTIVE AS COCAINE   HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP IS AS ADDICTIVE AS COCAINE I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 9:40 pm

I quit coke, cookies, jelly and a few other small things + substituted agave for sugar in my coffee.
Going salad for lunch every day with carrots, broccoli, lettuce, cucumber and other if I have it.

How about you?

I also gave up pacific fish, and gulf shrimp due to contamination (radiation, oil and corexit)
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP IS AS ADDICTIVE AS COCAINE   HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP IS AS ADDICTIVE AS COCAINE I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 8:55 am

Corn syrup as addictive as cocaine? I doubt that. Have they ever done cocaine? I bet you couldn't get a mouse or whatever they use to study addictions, to give up the coke for corn syrup.
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP IS AS ADDICTIVE AS COCAINE   HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP IS AS ADDICTIVE AS COCAINE I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 8:57 am

spring2 wrote:
I quit coke, cookies, jelly and a few other small things + substituted agave for sugar in my coffee.
Going salad for lunch every day with carrots, broccoli, lettuce, cucumber and other if I have it.

How about you?

I also gave up pacific fish, and gulf shrimp due to contamination (radiation, oil and corexit)

You sound like me! Smile I just bought the Agave and it's better imo, than any of the other sweetners.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP IS AS ADDICTIVE AS COCAINE   HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP IS AS ADDICTIVE AS COCAINE I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 9:52 am

Hey guys, did you know that agave nectar is higher in fructose than corn syrup? That's right, it is. Don't you just hate it when you're trying to do what is good and healthy and then get fooled like that? It happened to me too recently when I found out that grape seed oil isn't the great choice I thought it was.

Anyway, check out this article on agave nectar:
http://www.foodrenegade.com/agave-nectar-good-or-bad/

Food Renegade is a pretty good site. They also cover things like fermenting which is something I'm learning how to do. Things like kombucha, kefir, sauerkraut. It's a nutritious way to preserve the harvest and get your probiotics.

Kudos to you guys for your love of health!! flower People after my own heart you are.
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP IS AS ADDICTIVE AS COCAINE   HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP IS AS ADDICTIVE AS COCAINE I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 8:15 pm

Oh, darn. It says it has a low Glycemic index, I like to think of it as eating fruit. Smile
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP IS AS ADDICTIVE AS COCAINE   HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP IS AS ADDICTIVE AS COCAINE I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 8:15 pm

Not a replacement for fruit.... heehee.
Back to top Go down
Internet Pilgrim

Internet Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP IS AS ADDICTIVE AS COCAINE   HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP IS AS ADDICTIVE AS COCAINE I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 12:54 pm

Delfi wrote:
Corn syrup as addictive as cocaine? I doubt that. Have they ever done cocaine? I bet you couldn't get a mouse or whatever they use to study addictions, to give up the coke for corn syrup.

IIt's not regular corn syrup; it's high fructose corn syrup and if you read ingredients, you'll find that lately they're putting it in everything from beef stew to salad dressings. I read labels obsessively when buying anything and I won't purchase anything with high fructose corn syrup because of what it does. I don't know about it being addictive, but I know that it puts on weight like nothing else- virtually everything you eat that contains it goes straight to fat. There's no way to lose or maintain weight if you eat much of it. My sole exception is in the summer, those popsicle sticks in the plastic tubes - there are none that don't contain it & I like them when it's very hot outside. But that's it. If the label says the product contains it, I just look for an alternative or don't buy it & learn to live without it.

I still eat sugar (& try to buy the natural, raw sugar which is a light brown color- not bleached, when I can afford it) but I supplement it with stevia so I don't eat so much. It's an all-natural alternative and comes in packets like the sweet-n-low saccharin always did, and it's cheap - only $1 for 30 packets. I use it in tea/coffee. One pack = 2 teaspoons of sugar. And it has 0 calories. They sell it here in the Dollar General stores.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP IS AS ADDICTIVE AS COCAINE   HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP IS AS ADDICTIVE AS COCAINE I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 9:50 pm

Have you ever tried to snort high fructose corn syrup? OY!
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP IS AS ADDICTIVE AS COCAINE   HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP IS AS ADDICTIVE AS COCAINE I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 9:38 pm

Well I did a little experiment. Smile I have some sweet ants that showed up this week and earlier today I laid out two little lids and put a couple of drops of agave nectar in one. Later, no ants on the Agave so I put a couple of drops of honey in the other lid and they're still swarming it. So, Sweet ants don't like agave nectar. lol!
Back to top Go down
fishesnloaves

PostSubject: Re: HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP IS AS ADDICTIVE AS COCAINE   HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP IS AS ADDICTIVE AS COCAINE I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 10:42 pm

Yeah, all those "sweeteners" like HFCS, Aspartame, Sucralose...bad, bad, bad. The stuff they make those out of is nothing short of cheap (main reason why it is used so extensively), sweet poison.

Stay natural...Stevia, real agave, real honey...regular sugar is better than those imposters...heck, even Saccharin is actually better than all of those. I will attest that some of these, especially those like Aspartame CAN be addictive-ish at least. We got my bride off Diet Coke (Aspartame) a couple years ago and even today she will sometimes look a little too longingly at a can or bottle of the stuff.
Back to top Go down
Internet Pilgrim

Internet Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP IS AS ADDICTIVE AS COCAINE   HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP IS AS ADDICTIVE AS COCAINE I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 10:18 am

fishesnloaves wrote:
Yeah, all those "sweeteners" like HFCS, Aspartame, Sucralose...bad, bad, bad.

Stay natural...Stevia, real agave, real honey...regular sugar is better than those imposters...heck, even Saccharin is actually better than all of those.

You're absolutely right. And they're now finding that aspartame (put in beverages like Diet Coke as a weight-reducing aid) actually do exactly the opposite and people who drink very much of it gain weight. Talk about deception! I've never used the stuff because it gives me violent, migraine-type headaches. That's something saccharin never did. Saccharin may not taste exactly like sugar but you can get used to it if you have to, though now with stevia readily available, I don't use saccharin any longer either. But they've duped the public for years with stuff like that - and now with high fructose corn syrup, it's even worse because it doesn't sound chemical or bad for you. When they put it in products like beef stew, sloppy-joe sauce, etc.- stuff that doesn't usually have sweetener, that should tell people a lot - if they were paying attention. There's a reason besides cheap that they're putting it in so many products. It's just like with butter/margarine. Eating sugar & butter are actually better for you than all of these "helpful" replacements. They're just flat out lying to us for their own nefarious purposes.

HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP IS AS ADDICTIVE AS COCAINE 2064621894
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP IS AS ADDICTIVE AS COCAINE   HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP IS AS ADDICTIVE AS COCAINE I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP IS AS ADDICTIVE AS COCAINE
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: