Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles Empty
PostSubject: GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles   GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2018 5:27 pm

OLD = OUT
NEW = ASSEMBLE & PAINTING.
COMING ALONG.. 

GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles 350_fr10

Last edited by spring2 on Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: new in, some tape to seal.   GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2018 5:19 pm

IN WITH THE NEW BUILD!

https://i.servimg.com/u/f83/19/80/67/56/win_2011.jpg
GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles Win_2011
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles   GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2018 5:30 pm

Dang that's nice. Bet when you're finished she'll scoot like *a sexually violated hominid*. Rofl

*a rapped ape*

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

!! FOXTROT JULIET BRAVO !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: ROD'S OF PAST THAT SCOOT   GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2018 8:05 pm

NO STRANGER TO HOT RODS AND COOL ONES.

#1 41 FORD WITH 48 MERC FLAT HEAD 201 CUBIC INCH 102 HP, 3 SPEED FORD, TORQUE TUBE FORD 1941 WITH 4:11 WOULD BEAT A 1964-YUP.. PONTIAC GTO TRI POWER!!!!!!!!
DATE: 1970
SEE THE EXCLAMATIONS ... 
GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles 41_pup10

#2 1961 CORVETTE WITH 32000 MI FUEL INJECTED 283 / 315 HP, DOES 70 IN 1ST 140 IN 4TH... @70 GOT 27 MPG FREEWAY,  IN TOWN.. 19 MPG
BEAT 1968 427 435 HP CORVETTE OUUCHHH!
61 = NEVER BEAT!
ALL IN HP TO WEIGHT TO GEAR RATIO!!!
PHOTO DATE 1971
GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles Thumbn11

ALL OWNED @ AGE 19
YEAH

THEN IT WAS JEEPS
CJ7 
69 JEEPSTER FULL BUILD TWO DETROIT LOCKERS HARD CORE ROCK CRAWLING 10 YRS.
I'LL POST A PICTURE TOMORROW WITH JEEP PLAQUES. WW CLUB.. 12 YRS... PRESIDENT 5YRS
MFG JEEP PRODUCTS 12 YRS.
1.5 TIMES A MONTH ON THE RUBICON.. KNOW EVERY ROCK... NO FUN NOW!

LOVE HOT RODS OF ALL TYPES, TALK FLAT HEADS, NAIL HEADS, EARLY HEMI'S, 
JEEPS FRAME OFF AND FULL CUSTOM DRIVE TRAIN INCLUDING TRANSMISSION..
BUILDER AS U CAN SEE BY THE TRUCK, GETTING A POWER BOOST,, PROBABLY THE LAST... I'VE MOVED TO THE ATV'S BUT STILL HAVE  A ROD PICK-UP IN MY HEART.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles   GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2018 8:16 pm

THE TRUCK PROGRESS IS SLOW AS I HAVE SOME MORE ROLLING AROUND UNDERNEATH... THAT IS THE HARDEST FOR ME WITH THE BACK. ONLY A FEW TIMES A DAY AND IT'S DONE!!.. NO MORE!

AFTER THAT STUFF IS DONE WE'LL BE ON TO THE TOP AND SOME STOCK QUADRAJET CARB JUNK... I DON'T LIKE THEM BUT THAT IS WHAT I HAD REBUILT FOR THE 305 SMOG SYSTEM... NOW IT'S ON A CUSTOM 350 TO PULL TRAILERS.

THE 305 HAD BEEN RUNNING FOR MANY YEARS WITH ONE OR MAYBE EVEN TWO BAD HEAD GASKETS AND RECENTLY WHEN I WENT TO DISMANTLE TO REBUILD HEADS AND INSTALL NEW HEAD GASKETS, I FOUND THAT THE ENGINE HAD SOME SORT OF LUBRICATION PROBLEM AND I ELECTED TO GO MORE POWER RATHER THAN SETTLE FOR LOW TORQUE AND MINIMAL PULL.. SO... HERE WE ARE, EVERYTHING STOCK BUT ENGINE.
SHOULD BE FUN AS I BELIEVE THAT 305 HAD LOST AT LEAST 40 HP.. DUE TO AGE AND ONE BAD OVERHEATING EVENT IN FREEWAY TRAFFIC...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles   GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2018 8:37 pm

I HAVE STORIES OF THESE FIRST TWO... OF THEM THE CORVETTE IS INTERESTING AS IT WAS STOLEN AND RECOVERED LATER .. ABOUT 6+ MONTHS AT TOWING YARD AND ALSO PURCHASED A 62 USED TO LICENSE MINE BY A GUY THAT WORKED AT A DEALER AND --ON CORVETTES-- .. YEAH MORE TO THAT FOR SURE.. THREATENED TO SUE ME FOR RECOVERING .. DA DA. DA, DA... DA DA.. MR LAYER YOUR CLIENT... DID THIS DID THAT TO MY CAR ... SO..@#$#!#^ AND SO .. WANNA TELL ME WHY I WAS NOT NOTIFIED OF THE COURT CASE AGAINST YOUR THIEF CLIENT..?????

GREAT CASE OF HOW THE SYSTEM REALLY WORKS!

NOT TO MENTION HOW BAD THE POLICE REALLY ARE AT RECOVERING ALL THE PARTS OF ONE CAR FROM MULTIPLE LOCATIONS OF ONE THIEF!!! OH I DON'T KNOW HOW I WENT THROUGH SOME OF THIS CRAP! MONTHS LATER.. OH YOU MIGHT CHECK THIS PLACE OUT... THEY KNEW WHERE EVERYTHING HE STOLE WAS BUT ... HO HUM! 
STORY DONE... JUST TO STUPID TO DIVULGE.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles   GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2018 8:55 am

YES!
THE CORVETTE WAS RESTORED ALTHOUGH I COULD NOT FIND THE ORIGINAL DOOR PANELS FOR IT
MUCH LATER AFTER ALL THIS I DID FIND THE HOOD AND THE SOFT TOP LID WHICH IS BEHIND THE SEATS.

SO IN THE END THE ONLY UNRECOVERABLE PARTS WERE THE DOOR PANELS, ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION. MAYBE SOME DAY THEY'LL TURN UP?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: The Jeep Years   GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2018 10:59 am

The first Jeep an 80 CJ7 starts life with Dave in 1982 as a stocker.. gets heavily modified the first 2 years and gives 12 yrs of Hard Rock use. Great vehicle!
It's story starts after a dinner with a drive by dealership used car lot. Hey, there's a Jeep, let's take a test drive... down the road we go... ooops it ran out of gas a block away.. so dealership fills and brings back... AND we buy it (I buy it) and it begins new life. 
Modifications, 12,000 lb winch.
Rear axle Detroit Locker 4.56 gears
Front axle Power Lock 4.56 gears
33" tires
On board Air Compressor, sanyo air conditioner pump.
Front bumper as air tank, winch mount and spring hanger protection.
Best Top roll up side Canvas Top (takes care of open air and sun protection).

GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles Cj-rub10
Rubicon trail (bumper not yet air tank in this picture). 
The first Jeep "Trail Rack" idea that would begin a 12 year manufacture of the Spring Metals "Trail Rack" sold in 3 4x4 shops and direct from my shop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: #2 The 69 JEEPSTER $500 INVESTMENT = 12,000 at end.   GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2018 12:55 pm

Starting as a $500 vehicle with blown engine ...
$12,000 later .. The story.. it came from Auburn Ca. a Sierra town in the mountains.
It hit a deer and thus bent the frame in two places and the windshield frame and drivers fender.
Modifications:
Frame New (used) 
Windshield Frame New (used
Engine Rebuild completely!
Bead Blast the following, Body, new Frame, Tailgate & misc. parts.
Purchase 1 Ford 9" Rear Axle Housing, have made two 31 spliine drag racing axles.
Purchase 1 Ford 9" Front Axle Housing, modify to model 30 outer knuckles and purchase new and used model 30 parts.
Paint body, frame and axles with epoxy primer and axles & frame black finish.
1 Piece Jeep CJ Fiberglass Front Hood/Fender unit. To be TILT Front.
Rebuild the T400 Transmission.
Purchase "Moon Eyes" Gauges Set, modify dash for them and new fuse pull out.
Mix it all up in a garage and assemble you get this!
GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles Jeepst10

GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles Jeepst11

GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles Jeepst12
83' GMC BEATER IN BACKGROUND

Ah it was great too!
4.11 gears
T400 low gear kit = overall 64:1 gear ratio.
Caddie rear Disc Brakes
2 EA Detroit Locker Front & Rear!!!
225 Buick Odd Fire w/Headers re-fitted and welded.
New Bucket Front Seats & Fold and Tumble Rear.
Custom Welded Roll Cage Family Style. (all noggins covered)
Oil Cooler / Trans Cooler sandwiched with 12 Fan in Wheel Well.
Electric Cooling Fan for Engine (switchable for stream crossings)

I wish I had it today... I sold to buy our first mountain cabin...which ironically I live in now!
It was supposed to be just recreation use.., bought the foreclosure below it and then neighboring one too, rented two.

hope you all enjoyed my vehicle history!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: "Z" LOVERS >>   GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2018 3:31 pm

"Z" LOVERS
THIS IS NATHAN'S (youngest son) SECOND Z, THE FIRST WAS FORD 302 POWERED
BOTH WERE A FATHER SONS PROJECTS..
THIS COPPER ONE IS POWERED BY A ACCURA ALUMINUM BLOCK 1UZ V8 ENGINE, 425+ hp WITH 1 TURBO, 
SO
THAT LITTLE WOULD BE THIEF IS JACK, (POP'S GRANDSON) AND HE'S LOOKING FOR A TEST DRIVE CAUSE THIS THING IS WAY FASTER THAN YARD TOYS!!!

GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles 20376011
THE ENGINE FROM STOCK PHOTO THIS IS MINUS THE OWNER INSTALLED TURBO
GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles 1UZFE4
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles   GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2018 3:56 pm

AND IF YOU DON'T THINK I GET ENOUGH TO DO WITH 3 BOYS OVER 25.....
THIS ONE HAD BEFORE THIS CAR THE FOLLOWING PREVIOUS VEHICLES.
1 1976 Z 
2 HONDAS
1 DODGE STEALTH
1 300Z NISSAN
2 HONDA STREET BIKES

ALL FATHER SON PROJECTS... WHEW, I'M FEELING TIRED REMEMBERING ALL THE WORK!
AND THAT FORD POWERED Z ... 4 DAYS OF NUMBERED HOURS STARING AT THE UNDERNEATH TRYING TO DESIGN A TRANSMISSION MOUNT TO FIT ALL THE SPECIALNESS OF THIS KIND A PROJECT... FORD... + MUSTANG 5 SPEED.
ALMOST FELL ASLEEP UNDER THERE SEVERAL TIMES.
BUT DID IT!
OH, DAVE, HOW DID YA DO IT.... WELL HALF THE ENGINE MOUNT KIT JUST WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH SO I HACKED THAT AND INSTALLED THE ENGINE AND WITH THE LEFT OVERS I ADDED TO SOME OF MY DESIGN AND VIOLA... ANOTHER CRAZY CUSTOM..

OH AND THE NEWEST PROJECT OF NATHAN'S IS A SUBARU OUTBACK LIFTED FOR OFF ROADING!
AKA CAMP VEHICLE.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles   GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2018 4:04 pm

AS THE WORLD TURNS

ANOTHER HOT ROD IS BORN!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: BACK TO THE GMC   GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2018 4:14 pm

GOT THE TORQUE CONVERTER TIGHTENED UP!
1 EXHAUST HEADER INSTALLED!

YA ALL NOTICED RIGHT?
THE GMC PICTURED WITH THE BLUE/GREEN JEEPSTER IS ALL TAN....
YEARS LATER AND BEING INCOGNITO AS I AM DUE TO PROSPECTING ... THE
GMC IS NOW ALL CAMO... SEE THAT TAILGATE IN THE FIRST?
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles   GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2018 9:45 am

We had a couple Z's back in the day.  A 260 and a 280.  And this old girl has stories too. Oh yeah... Cool

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: today - 99% done!   GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2018 3:30 pm

Latest -minus distributor & air cleaner.

1983-Calif. emissions vacuum , lines what a mess.

Will fire on Tuesday? Waiting for tool.

added an o-k picture... see it?

GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles Win_2012
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles   GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2018 7:00 pm

Work is slower due to the head injury.. yes I have to use that term cause it is still an issue.
All I can say at this point... may have to go back to see doc.
No bad headaches but still hurts after 3 mo.
I did have some sort of anxious moment the other day when the auto parts gave me the wrong part for the 3rd time!
So I had to sit on the deck and chill and watch the trees in the wind, to relax .. spent an hour to feel better.
This isn't something that happens to me so things are still not quite right... ok with reading and stuff but not spending as much time posting etc.

I'm really pissed at Deep Crap for messing with Dutch.. those Sorass and Peltlolize and Brownnoses better be careful or I will have to organicalize some moovement!

They do not know what a determined one can do and I am the very determined type that can do it!
I'm about at the limit switch in the circuitry that could trip the relay to pelt bovine crap upon them!
These resignations better start soon!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Currently Running for a week.   GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2018 12:57 pm

Yes!
Just need some lower exhaust gaskets and a little adjusting. Been running for a week, haven't been physically well enough to crawl underneath.
Finishing currently. 
OOPS WRONG PICTURE

GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles Win_2014
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles   GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2018 1:20 pm

There we go looks like it runs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles   GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2018 7:34 pm

Hope you're feeling better soon Spring!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles   GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GMC BEATER PROGRESS or from future to past.. a story of building vehicles
Page 1 of 1